Calvin
Borna
Kamara
Hagi
Aribo
Kent
Morelos
Sakala
I don’t think that’s the midfield for Tynecastle. Hagi out and Arfield or davis in.
Maybe play Hagi in Lyon.
I’d also start Lundstram over Bacuna

I think away from home in Europe suits him. His pace on the break can be a major advantage over Tavernier.

I hope this is the line-up
McLaughlin
Patterson
Goldson
Balogun
Bassey
Jack
Davis
Bacuna
Wright
Roofe
Sakala

And Sunday
Shagger
Tav
Connor
Calvin
Borna
Kamara
Hagi
Aribo
Kent
Morelos
Sakala
McLaughlan isn’t in the euro squad I would imagine Robbie McCrorie will play

It would be great game for him to get some minutes….
Yes

Think it's the perfect game for him

European league we finish 2nd no matter, other than financials of a win it's a done deal, but he's good and can be utilised. Think he'd do well too

Eyes need to be on the hearts game too now

Not sure we've a big enough Euro squad, but I'd leave the core of Sunday's team at home.

Nice to get the 500K Euros for the win, but Sunday is more important in the grander scheme, and it's going to be a battle.

I’d go with

McLaughlin
Patterson
Goldson
King
Bassey

Lundstrom
Jack
Davis

Bacuna
Wright
Roofe

Good mix of youth and experience and a game that if we lose 2 or 3 nil nobody will really complain. Anything we gets a bonus

I hope Patterson gets the start. But I don’t want too many changes.

Need to keep continuity and build on the great start Gio has made. That being said I hope to see Patterson, Jack and Sakala from the start. But otherwise, I want the majority to keep playing.

Would also be delighted to see Hagi tried centrally as part of the midfield 3 - I really believe he would flourish centrally with pacey attacking players either side of him.

My team would be:

……………….McGregor………..
Patterson Goldson Bassey Barisic
…….……Jack………Davis………..
…………..…….Hagi…..……………
Kent………………………….Sakala
……………….Morelos……………..

* Give Aribo rest at the same time, he’s been our best player this season, deserves a rest and having him fresh for Hearts could be key.

Ideal chance to try out Tav and Patterson
Rather than just throwing that pair together to see out games

It would make sense to give him a run out on Thursday - good experience against a very strong team.

If he can’t get a start in a game like this then he’d have to question what kind of game he will.

McLaughlan isn’t in the euro squad I would imagine Robbie McCrorie will play
McLaughlin has been in the squad for for every match since Malmö mate, we have 4 ‘senior’ keepers in the squad.

Last edited:
Obviously, like any fixture, we want to set-up to win the match.

But, this really is a great opportunity to give some fringe players game time against very good opposition.

I think we’ll see various changes to the starting eleven.

BTW I can't see us making wholesale changes. Gio won't want us going over there with a weak team and getting absolutely battered.

I hope Patterson gets the start. But I don’t want too many changes.

Need to keep continuity and build on the great start Gio has made. That being said I hope to see Patterson, Jack and Sakala from the start. But otherwise, I want the majority to keep playing.

Would also be delighted to see Hagi tried centrally as part of the midfield 3 - I really believe he would flourish centrally with pacey attacking players either side of him.

My team would be:

……………….McGregor………..
Patterson Goldson Bassey Barisic
…….……Jack………Davis………..
…………..…….Hagi…..……………
Kent………………………….Sakala
……………….Morelos……………..

* Give Aribo rest at the same time, he’s been our best player this season, deserves a rest and having him fresh for Hearts could be key.
I like that, except Lundstram for Davis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back