Does Patterson get the nod at RB on Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.
H & H confirmed today Sakala and Morelos won’t play they are 1 yellow away from a suspension and Ryan Jack will play
I note Sakala has two cards (Sparta and Brondby) and Morelos has three yellows (Malmo, Lyon and Brondby).

What is the threshold for a ban?

Also Barisic has three cards to his name (Malmo, Alashkert and Sparta).

Unless the site I got these stats from are inaccurate.

You would like to think so. A lot of our fringe players should be starting on Thursday. Keep our starters fresh for the weekend.

I think guys like McGregor, Borna and Morelos need games to keep their form going. Doesn’t make sense to interrupt them. Possibly Bassey and Goldson too.

Hagi also probably needs persevered with for 60 minutes or so. He needs confidence if he is to play as often as seems likely.

Patterson, Jack, Lundstram, Sakala, Kent/Roofe to make up the rest - with Wright getting a decent amount of minutes and Balogun too if poss.

“In case of repeated cautions:

1. before the group stage, players and team officials are suspended for the next competition match after three cautions, which did not result in a red card, as well as following any subsequent odd-numbered caution (fifth, seventh, ninth, etc.);
  2. from the first match in the group stage, players and team officials are suspended for the next competition match after three cautions, which did not result in a red card, as well as following any subsequent odd-numbered caution (fifth, seventh, ninth, etc.).
Single yellow cards and pending suspensions are always carried forward either to the next stage of the competition or to the UEFA Europa Conference League in the current season.

Exceptionally, all yellow cards and pending yellow-card suspensions expire on completion of the play-offs. They are not carried forward to the group stage. In addition, all yellow cards expire on completion of the quarter-finals. They are not carried forward to the semi-finals.

Cautions and pending yellow-card suspensions from the UEFA Champions League, the UEFA Europa League or the UEFA Europa Conference League expire at the end of the season.”

I note Sakala has two cards (Sparta and Brondby) and Morelos has three yellows (Malmo, Lyon and Brondby).

What is the threshold for a ban?

Also Barisic has three cards to his name (Malmo, Alashkert and Sparta).

Unless the site I got these stats from are inaccurate.
Malmo was a playoff, that’s gets tossed when the groups begin. Morelos is on two, Barisic one.

Can’t see GVB playing a weakened team. He’ll want to try and win even if the game doesn’t affect final league position

Anyone a booking away from a suspension, should not and hopefully will not be risked.

I think he’ll make changes but so will Lyon. Why would they play a full-strength side? They are 12th in the league so surely they’ll be wanting to focus more on their league games between now and the next round?

Why risk anyone who is starting on Sunday? Lyon will be making wholesale changes too no doubt.
I think thats broadly it, if youre not starting Sunday you start Thursday.

We still have to try and win the game given the money and prestige at stake playing on this stage but the likes of NP, Lundstrum and Bacuna must all surely play the full game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back