Does the Managers position change if we win the next 5 games?

Reality is many minds are now made up...
Whether the minds of those who count are is another question.
If he wins the next 5 then yes he should be free to continue the full season.
To win 5 on the bounce would be a considerable turn around given his form to this point.

Something gives with Aberdeen v Celtic.
A draw there and it's not looking as bad.
A win for Aberdeen and folk may dream.
A win for the Beasts and we get closer....
Assuming we can take care of Killie of course.
Aberdeen will win this.

They’re all winnable games so I don’t think it should buy him any time (but it will, also I say they’re winnable but we won’t win them all), because the truth is he’d fail at the next big test anyway.

I’m basing this assumption on the fact he’s failed every single big test since he was appointed manager.

On Follow Follow it he wins tomorrow he'll be safe. FF doesn't work on 5 game periods. The manager can be sacked and praised 5 times in any game.

I'd say yes. I'd say we would be in 2nd place going into the two games against Aberdeen if we win the next five.

There’s no evidence to suggest 5 consecutive wins are remotely on the horizon - even against the utter dross listed in the OP.

This squad don’t have the mentality to win 5 on the bounce and go into a massive December full of confidence. They haven’t managed to win more than 2 on the bounce so far and bottled a semi final which we should of had the quality to win on Sunday. Like the OP mentions I’m on the when he gets sacked opinion and I’ll be amazed if he is still here in January.

The fans don't trust him so he is always one defeat away from calls for his head. I'd pull the trigger and sack him now as we are only delaying the inevitable.

I have to admit Sunday’s capitulation was the first time I actually thought Pedro wasn’t the man for us, I had always defended him up until that point. However it’s a results driven business and if we win the next 5 then of course that will buy him time, but the next real test is the Dolly double header, the next 5 mean very little if we then lose twice, or even lose and draw, against them.

I honestly can't believe some of the stuff I read on here. If Pedro was to win the next 5 then we'll have won 7 league games in a row, have a record of 10 wins, 2 draws and 2 defeats from 14 league games yet people would still be calling for his head? Incredible.

I honestly can't believe some of the stuff I read on here. If Pedro was to win the next 5 then we'll have won 7 league games in a row, have a record of 10 wins, 2 draws and 2 defeats from 14 league games yet people would still be calling for his head? Incredible.
It's just emotional. If we won tomorrow then the vast majority would say the exact opposite.

We seem to have had a couple of "must win" games already this season. If we win the next 5 the sheep games will decide his future. If we lose against Hearts that could be the end.

I think from reading other posts that a lot of Bears think that it is when, not if as to when Pedro leaves

So is it all over for him? Are we expecting gone before Wednesday?

If not , what occurs if we win the next 5 games against - Killie, Hearts, PTFC, Hamilton and Dundee? - Ever the optimist.

Would we then be waiting to see how we perform against the Sheep?

Of course it would.

What are the odds on him winning the next 3? Long I suspect.

I actually think he will win the next 3.

Bring in another manager , who hasn't experienced being a rangers manager in today's game .
He comes with a clean slate and then experiences the slaughter of his team from officials and press and results fall by the wayside .
What do you do start again get another manager in ?
Some of the players at rangers don't have the mentality to put up with the bias of the officials and the corrupt press .

He'd be one defeat after that to be back to square one. The writing has been on the wall and a lot of fans minds have been made up since the defeat in Europe or as far back as the 5-1 humiliation versus Celtic whether they will choose to admit it or not.

It's over for the vast majority of the fans, the waiting game is to see after which game the board will take the plunge and go for it.

He brought this game by game scenario on himself thanks to European humiliation.

Killie, Thistle, Hamilton and Dundee are sides where the result shouldn’t be in question. A Rangers manager won’t get a pat on the back from me by winning these, while that may be unfair it’s the reality of it.

That is true. Spilling any points in those fixtures would traditionally be seen as really poor.

So, no, I think the manager needs 7 wins in a row to buy himself time. Truthfully, hoping it happens and it actually happening are two different things with this side.

The next 6 week is crucial to win all 5 imo

Come through that unscathed we have probably the toughest month of the season

I'd include the double header with the sheep. One more defeat from those 7 and I think he's gone.

He'd be one defeat after that to be back to square one. The writing has been on the wall and a lot of fans minds have been made up since the defeat in Europe or as far back as the 5-1 humiliation versus Celtic whether they will choose to admit it or not.

So you'd effectively be judging him on performances with players he inherited then?

If, and I know it's a big if, we can win the next 5 games then we could realistically be second place and have closed the gap on top spot.

If anyone was offered that at the start of the season they'd have said yes but now it's not deemed good enough.

We need some patience but it's not a trait that's commonly found in our fans.

I think if we win on Wednesday as I think we will and the sheep drop points against them as I think they will then Pedro will gain some time. Five wins on the trot would put a completely different perspective on things, but like other posters I am not too confident., but still hoping he pulls it off.

On what basis will a guy who has yet to win 3 games running going to win 5 games in a row? He is a dud, very nice guy, intelligent guy and articulate guy but he is not cut out to lead the Rangers.

as i said before i just cant see this team winning a few games in a row and especially not at pittodrie

as i said before i just cant see this team winning a few games in a row and especially not at pittodrie

We beat them 3-0 up there last season and only got beat in the other game because an incompetent ref gave a shocking decision against us. And that was with a much inferior team than what we have now.

I've no idea how some people can be so fucking negative all the time.

If he wins the next 5, then it absolutely buys him more time. Looking at the fixtures, I’d expect any Rangers side to take maximum points.

We beat them 3-0 up there last season and only got beat in the other game because an incompetent ref gave a shocking decision against us. And that was with a much inferior team than what we have now.

I've no idea how some people can be so fucking negative all the time.

The 3-0 game is the only big game Pedro has won since he took over. Out of Europe after 1st round, beat 4 times off Celtic including our worst ever home defeat, beat off aberdeen at Ibrox first time in 25 years, beat off hibs at Ibrox, then semi final on Sunday massive chance to reach a final and bottled it again. I think that is why fans are being negative mate. We all wanted Pedro to do well and get us back winning trophies again but his time as rangers manager has been poor at best.

The 3-0 game is the only big game Pedro has won since he took over. Out of Europe after 1st round, beat 4 times off Celtic including our worst ever home defeat, beat off aberdeen at Ibrox first time in 25 years, beat off hibs at Ibrox, then semi final on Sunday massive chance to reach a final and bottled it again. I think that is why fans are being negative mate. We all wanted Pedro to do well and get us back winning trophies again but his time as rangers manager has been poor at best.

It's not the only big game but I'm not going to argue with you about it. Everyone changes their opinion on what a big game is to suit their agenda.

I understand why people are upset and angry but they need to realise where we were when Pedro came in and where we are now.

To judge him on last seasons results with the complete and utter wasters we had is crazy IMO.

We are better than we were but we still have a way to go. £7million and 1 transfer window isn't going to sort that.

It's going to be slow progress to get back to where we want and chopping and changing managers isn't going to help.

If Pedro leads us into victory in the next twenty games there will be some on here if he loses the twenty first game will want him sacked.
I'd put my mortgage on nobody giving a sh*t if we lost 1 game after winning 20 on the bounce.

Given he can't win 3 in a row right now, it's not on the cards.

So you'd effectively be judging him on performances with players he inherited then?

If, and I know it's a big if, we can win the next 5 games then we could realistically be second place and have closed the gap on top spot.

If anyone was offered that at the start of the season they'd have said yes but now it's not deemed good enough.

We need some patience but it's not a trait that's commonly found in our fans.

There's always an 'ah but....' when it comes to Pedro and whether that's rightly or wrongly it's for individuals to decide.

All hypothetical really.

If he wins the next 5 games he gets more time yes. If he wins the next 25 games we will probably win the league.

Sadly we are at a stage where we can't win 3 games in a row so 5 is a huge ask. I don't feel confident going into any game just now, and that is not Rangers.

i have seen people saying on twitter 4 points is acceptable in the next 2 games. FFS that is a joke settling for a point against a rank rotten Hearts team, how far have some peoples expectations fell??

This is true. Despite any logic or facts fan opinion is mostly formed on emotion, and while the 5-1 was probably just about forgivable due to circumstances, the Progres game tied a noose around his neck, as many predicted at the time it would, that he has not been able to escape since.

After that he was always going to be a defeat away from a crisis, and many said we'd require the perfect start to combat that. It didn't happen. Then a cup run would be needed at minimum. It didn't happen. After each disappointment he's been set a challenge and has failed, at which point the level of performance it's going to take for the fans to back him increases. I fear the hill has become too steep to climb, though I doubt there's a single person on this board who wouldn't want to be proven wrong.

He wins the next 5 you can argue he has some momentum. He wins 6 on the trot then we should be in the top 2. Absolutely useless though if they then have a lousy December. We would need to see progress in the skill and craft of this side and in their mental resilience. I think it's too much of an ask now. I also think there are some fragile characters in our squad that need chasing and I don't think Pedro has the ability to do that either.

He needs to win a trophy to win me over although i am not willing to give him any longer as he has had enough chances.

As a club we have a tradition of sticking by managers, look how long John Grieg and Ally McCoist got when it was really obvious they weren't going to improve. think this has in the main served us well and knee jerk reactions are never good.

With Pedro I really want him to be a success, as I think every fan does, we want to see the team winning trophies again. I just think the negatives are stacking up and the positives are few and far between. He needs to shut up, get his head down and get the team winning on the park. Far too much of his talking is done off the park, that is just guff, he needs to make his mark on the park.

Sunday will take a lot for me to get over, it was the manner of the defeat the total lack of fight in the team. Also we were physically bullied, our big name players like Alves just never imposed themselves on the game, he should have been sent off, not good enough for a man of his experience. He is there to get us through these big games. Same with Dorrans, started well and just faded away. Getting tired of the excuses around ref's, we knew exactly what was coming it was nothing we didn't expect, just get on with it.

Pedro fighting with the officials getting sent off when he should have been sorting out what was going on on the park was just not good enough for me. Coming out yesterday in the press and blasting the players, not good enough. Do that behind closed doors. truth is for me he was tactically out thought on Sunday as he has in every game we have lost. Next 5 games won't change that for me.

After Caixinha's interview he has left his Rangers future in the hands of the same players
who not only embarrassed themselves but the top they wore two days ago.

He's gone within the next 5 games.

If Pedro wins the next five games half of them on here'll be comparing pictures of their hard-ons...

I want him to succeed. I want him to turn this around and win enough points so that by the end of the year we are competitively placed to be 2nd. That will require a level of consistency and an ability to beat the likes of Aberdeen, Hibs and Hearts so that we can take confidence and some momentum in to 2018.

Unfortunately nothing I have seen to date gives me any confidence or provides a logical argument to say that will happen. It is more likely that we will win a few games in between disappointing results in bigger games

If I honestly thought there was a ready made successor who could take the squad we have and secure big wins and 2nd place I would say go for it now. Problem is I don't think we have the money to pay off Pedro's team, pay a fee for a manager and bring in players in January.

He needed to win every game from the rhats game in September to the next one in December. He has not done this. I believe his coat is now on a shoogly peg. Although if he does go we have no money for players in January for the new manager.

That’s the thing that annoys me though.

One defeat is huge. Why give him another game?

Just now, no guarantees, but we could be within 4 points of the top come Wednesday night.

Failure to win on Wednesday, and the whole thing looks far less attractive.

I think he’s had a crack, we thank him and move on.

Failure to be able to string a set of wins together is alarming. It’s not knee jerk, it’s the reality of the issue. We’re unable to mount a challenge without going on a decent 7/8 game winning run.
Exactly this. Go now whilst we can salvage something

Like most fans, I want the man to succeed and I do like him but I just fail to see how he is going to turn this around. He has systematically failed every big challenge so far and failing to win 3 games in a row is simply atrocious. His reliance on the likes of Windass and Pena do not help him in the slightest, cannot see him being around much longer. The camel's back is almost broken, we are just waiting on the final piece of straw to finish this.

I understand its not that straight forward to remove and replace considering our financial position but if he doesn't get 5 in a row I would like to see him go.

Looking at them quickly Hearts away is the only one that sticks out as a tough one but the reality is they all are right now. You just don't know what you're going to get before any game we play in and that uncertainty makes it hard to think Rangers can win five games on the bounce.

I'm unsure they'll even beat Kilmarnock tomorrow night. Let's hope they manage the five, it would be a much needed lift in confidence going into the Sheep double-header.

Back