Does the silence, mean we (RFC) are in control of the story?

finners

Maybe I have missed something, if we wanted MacInnes and approached Aberdeen, surely their Chairman would already have released a handful of press releases. Remember him in the summer stating that he wouldn't sell MacLean to us even if we offered £1M?

So does this mean we are waiting to see if MacInnes resigns? or do you think the two clubs are having respectful discussions. IMO I can't see the later with Stewart Milne involved.

So does the silence mean we are back to displaying some class and when we announce our new manager, we will only know it when he is presented in Ibrox. I hope this is the case.

I think it suits Milne to get Saturdays game out the way before going public
It gives him time to placate their fans and get a new guy in before the next competitive match.

It gives him time to placate their fans and get a new guy in before the next competitive match.

No win for McInnes then. If he gets beat, he’s got his eye on Ibrox and if he gets beat he’s shite and not good enough for Ibrox.:D:D

Aberdeen FC‏Verified account @AberdeenFC 8h8 hours ago
1f4ac.png
Derek - the Sunderland situation is a reminder that being in a good environment is a great advantage at a club.

Aberdeen FC‏Verified account @AberdeenFC 8h8 hours ago
1f4ac.png
Derek - For a manager who is in a job he would always do due diligence before moving to another club.

Hardly thinly veiled, is it.

At least the leaks have stopped. It's quite amusing watching the media guess and assume and I'm sure get their reports 100% wrong. I think we might get a surprise next week even though I have no idea who will be appointed

I think he is our number one choice, however we will do our due diligence incase someone left of field becomes available, don't rule out Murty continuing in a caretaker role for a while longer.

Hopefully the club are doing the right thing here, saying nothing until it's a done deal....

There's been too much said by those who may or may not have heard or misheard or imagine they might have heard something or maybe part of something that maybe means something to somebody....the club officially are saying nothing.

McInnes on the other hand seems to have a lot to say about things that say nothing in particular about Rangers, but certainly says a lot about him.
None of it good.....

Hopefully the club are doing the right thing here, saying nothing until it's a done deal....

There's been too much said by those who may or may not have heard or misheard or imagine they might have heard something or maybe part of something that maybe means something to somebody....the club officially are saying nothing.

McInnes on the other hand seems to have a lot to say about things that say nothing in particular about Rangers, but certainly says a lot about him.
None of it good.....
What's he saying?

Agree.Definately about timing.I think it would suit both parties to make an announcement next week.This silence makes me believe it's Mciness all the more.

I think he is our number one choice, however we will do our due diligence incase someone left of field becomes available, don't rule out Murty continuing in a caretaker role for a while longer.

This for me. McInnes is first choice but before we approach the Sheep and have to pay huge compensation we speak to other candidates - who may well prove better options. If not, we move for McInnes as planned.

At least the leaks have stopped. It's quite amusing watching the media guess and assume and I'm sure get their reports 100% wrong. I think we might get a surprise next week even though I have no idea who will be appointed
Very much doubt whoever was responsible for the leaks previously, will be anywhere near the decision making process for the new manager.

Milne/Aberdeen don't really hold any aces. If McInnes has a release clause (widely reported), Rangers agree to meet it and McInnes want to leave then that's what will happen.

McLean was a different scenario where negotiation was required and the chat in the summer was them trying to get us to make higher bids .

FWIW Milne also supported us on title stripping over the summer so I wouldn't be surprised if he and King have spoken on decent terms since regime change.

If we want McInnes, then it will be done.

From Aberdeen's point of view, there's some quality replacements for him available........Strachan for one.

(From their point of view that is).

Back