Does this group of players have what it takes to win on the 29th?

Not a chance!

The team lacks big players with a never-say-die attitude. Guys that give it everything they've got - and then some.

Guys prepared to dig deep when the chips are down. It lacks WINNERS!

This current lot don't have the strength of character to be champions.

Too many "hiders" in the team.We need battlers not bottlers.But here's hoping.Let's beat dundee tomorrow first.

We have to go out and win individual battles without fear. Depends which Rangers team turn up. If we win then their “ invincibility” against us is at an end and will give us belief in the big games. We are a young team building it’s confidence. I have a good feeling about the 29th.

They have a stronger midfield and that is where a game can be won. We need to put the fear in them, but I do worry that with no poets fans there it’ll get like a library if we’re not running away with it. Then there will be the process of groaning like %^*& to up the general nervousness. It’s an old song, but it seems it has come back into favour.

They have a stronger midfield and that is where a game can be won. We need to put the fear in them, but I do worry that with no poets fans there it’ll get like a library if we’re not running away with it. Then there will be the process of groaning like %^*& to up the general nervousness. It’s an old song, but it seems it has come back into favour.
We’ve got to play our part as well. Especially if they score first.

Another capitulation will not be tolerated and would basically mean the end of our season.
Is it too much to ask that we actually get stuck into them just for once ?

Yes but its all down to attitude and application, we've shown we can hold our own and beat the best of sides we have came up against but we need to get everyone on their game and giving 110 % then we only need to contend with the referee corruption and favouritism.

What you need to remember is the game can pass by the midfield at times.

Granted they do have a better midfield but with Jack Ross and Artfield why can't we have a go at them.

No surrender to those rats. Bring them on.

One game at a time against Dundee tomorrow we have to win. All the players have to turn up and battle for each other no slackers and nobody hiding.

Saying we won’t win at anytime against that mob doesn’t go down well with staunch brigade on here but Wednesday proved once again we don’t have the mentality to sustain a long consistent league campaign.

Lets get the games before then won ffs
The most important thing is we don't go into the filth game knowing a defeat finishes off our title dreams.
I have a nagging doubt about the character of the team. Yes we have had some good games and results but when the crunch games such as the game against the filth and the cup semi and then league game against the sheep came up we lacked the skill or bottle required.

I’m going to say yes. 2-1 If the crowd gets up right from the start and we have our best 11 on then they can be beaten. They’ve shown in away games they’ve vulnerable. Ibrox needs to be rocking as it has been in the Europa games. Aye right you may say and I can’t deny it’s spoken from more hope than reason and notwithstanding anything already mentioned in here probably without realism. But %^*& it I’m going for the Win.

They absolutely do not. Lassana coulibaly was the man i thought couldve been the destroyer in that midfield intercepting play and wiping out the likes of mcgregor and christie. Unfortunately for us he's regressed massively and turned into a liability

Katic was another one i thought would make the difference but his confidence has been shot to bits and the less said about our left back issues, should barisic still be unavailable, the better

Thought we had the best chance of beating them in September but it wasn’t to be. Feeling pessimistic just now but always have that faint hope the nearer it gets.

As others have said, depends on which Rangers turn up on the day. Turn in a performance like we did against Vienna for example, or a few other Euro games, we can absolutely beat them. Play like the other night, not so much.

Fkn intae them!

We're not without a chance but to have a chance Shagger, Goldson, McAuley, Arfield and Morelos must all be present and at their very best. Lose any of them and we're in trouble.

Also if I see Flanagan I'll just turn off the TV before kick-off.

Sadly not.

Especially when a certain captain in the team has suffered so many hammerings by them. He must be terrified every time he has to play them, which is absolutely disgusting.

Oh what id do for Barry to go back 15 years and be our captain on the 29th

It depends on the team we actually put out because we need to put out a team that hates them and wants to beat them as much as they hate us and want to beat us.

they for me, are all hype by the media and we must take this chance to put them back into their box.

Last edited:
If we have a fully fit and firing squad of course we can beat them. We'll need to be at our best though but we can certainly get at them as they'll attack us and leave spaces for us to attack.

They seem to hitting top form just at the right time though which is a worry.

I’d have Rossiter or Mcrorie playing in the midfield.

Ejaria and Coulibaly playing will mean we’re on to a hiding unfortunately.

At Ibrox of course we can beat them. We need to play at our best and we need Arfield, Morelos and McGregor starting the match. We are one player short in Midfield and I would love Rossiter to get a chance before this match.

I’d have Rossiter or Mcrorie playing in the midfield.

Ejaria and Coulibaly playing will mean we’re on to a hiding unfortunately.

In September on this forum, the vast majority of posters had Coulibaly as absolutely critical to our chances of beating them and was in a panic when he was injured for the game.

Funny how opinions swing on here eh?

In September on this forum, the vast majority of posters had Coulibaly as absolutely critical to our chances of beating them and was in a panic when he was injured for the game.

I’ve never once fully rated either player. Jury has always been out despite a couple of good performances.

I fear they will dissapoonring up their own arses again when sent out to face them.

Watch our midfield today...that will give us all a clue. Last time we played Dundee, their midfield could walk through ours.

Last edited:
Not a chance!

The team lacks big players with a never-say-die attitude. Guys that give it everything they've got - and then some.

Guys prepared to dig deep when the chips are down. It lacks WINNERS!

This current lot don't have the strength of character to be champions.

You mustn't have watched the hearts away game then.

The players need to believe they can beat them or it simply won’t happen. Get the mindset right and the rest will follow.

igvp77.jpg

Good job Jock Wallace asked Doddie and not some of the surrender monkeys on here what the cry was
I can imagine the scene 5 minutes before kick off
JW "what's the cry FF surrender monkey"
FF surrender monkey "we've nae chance, they're too good for us"
FF surrender monkey then lets out a scream that only dogs can hear as JW has booted him square in the baws with his brogues
Of course we can beat them. It's Celtic ffs. Get in their faces, give them no quarter. Harass the hell out of them and they will fall.
They may be better than the rest in Scotland but they are nothing to fear

Good job Jock Wallace asked Doddie and not some of the surrender monkeys on here what the cry was
I can imagine the scene 5 minutes before kick off
JW "what's the cry FF surrender monkey"
FF surrender monkey "we've nae chance, they're too good for us"
FF surrender monkey then lets out a scream that only dogs can hear as JW has booted him square in the baws with his brogues
Of course we can beat them. It's Celtic ffs. Get in their faces, give them no quarter. Harass the hell out of them and they will fall.
They may be better than the rest in Scotland but they are nothing to fear
Take your head out of the sand ffs.

They are far superior to us and even when their form is poor they can up their game against us.

We blow hot and cold and have a mental block against them, meaning we're beat before we take to the field.

I'll still be there though and hoping for a miracle.

usual story
the more players don't play -the better they are!o_O
none of the above mentioned are the quality needed

We need a meaningful result against them this season and I think this game is our best chance of getting it.

The outcome will go a long way to deciding whether this becomes a successful season or not. Big big game for us.

If they play like this - no

So mr Gerard will have to work some magic in the team , coz at the moment it’s not looking likely

No simply not good enough.
On any given day we can take anyone however on our performances now it would be a surprise.

Back