Does this group of players have what it takes to win on the 29th?

Their midfield will run over the top of ours again.

None of they 3 who started last night should play against them. They're not good enough.

As others have said, if the team we saw last night turn up then no however we have seen that we are capable of battling and getting results so it depends what Rangers turn up on the day.

Point being this side have delighted and frustrated in equal measure this season.

Last night another disappointment but this side are more than capable of beating Celtic ffs.
We need 8 or 9 players playing at the top of their game, and every player believing we can beat them and matching their desire. Then it's possible.

Until we put in a decent performance against them and take points off them then it's understandable that people aren't optimistic.

It’s absolutely draining to read that we are going for 55 one week and doomed the next. The truth actually lies somewhere in between in regards to the stage we are at under the Gaffer with one transfer window.

Of course we can take them on the 29th. And of course they will fancy their chances against us. The positive is that they will open up against us and we will have some space, which we seem to respond better to.

The concern for this team is being unable to play against opposition that surrender the ball and camp in as a unit. That needs addressed by the manager because alot of teams will come and do that now, which will kill off any aspirations of any real success.

In a word...... nope :(.
They arent a lot better than us but what they do have is big game players who seem to thrive on the big occasion.

No IMO, even before tonights result I wouldn't have been very confident. They seem to up there game big time yet we can't raise ours. Hopefully i'm very wrong but the game is won and lost in the middle of the park, and there's is miles ahead at present

We are no where near ready to be confident of beating them they are still better than us and that’s purely down to circumstances that they helped with cheating bastards,however we are getting close though I’m not saying we cannot beat them as hearts have we could too,if and it’s a big if we can get another 5 players in January to change our midfield and another striker we’ll we could change the dynamics of our game.

After watching that tonight I’m not feeling too optimistic. Too many go into hiding and the midfield simply isn’t strong enough or good enough to open up a tight defence.

Desperately need players back fit or bring in a couple of quality players in January to make the difference.

I’ve watched rangers teams in the past and watched them play bad but still manage to win ugly. This team seem to find it hard to win ugly.

No they don’t. We’ll get pumped like we always have in most recent times. We’re a few starting 11 signings away yet.

Too many of our current team go into hiding when the anxiety of the fans in Ibrox starts reigning down on them.

Not mentally equipped to play for us when the going gets tough.

Their midfield will run over the top of ours again.

None of they 3 who started last night should play against them. They're not good enough.

That's the midfield 3 who our management deem to be the best we have available...... Sobering thought eh?

The trick is to fool our players into thinking they're playing in Europe. Tell them it's Sporting Lisbon in the green and white stripes.

Honestly, I’m sick of hearing about this game.

It’s one out of a 38 game season.

Ultimately it doesn’t matter because unless we strengthen significantly in midfield in January, we’re winning nothing.

I wish folk would STFU about the 29th and concentrate on the games we need to win before then. The 29th will take care of itself.

This is the talk on our bus constantly. Does anyone really think when push come to shove we will stand up to the Bheasts? Sadly we continue to float between very good and abysmal, a half decent organised team like them will sense blood and go for it. We need to wake up here, TTS has won every competition he has entered since coming here. How are we going to change this based on back to back defeats to the Sheep?

Bunch of utter shitebags on here at times.

Take your head out of the sand please.
Our midfield will be non existent against them.
We are not strong enough in the middle of the park and don't have the players to improve it at the moment.
Its not about being "utter shitebags, its about realising we still have a bit to go yet.

I am more concerned about our upcoming games first and foremost. No point beating the tims if we throw it away like last night.

Take your head out of the sand please.
Our midfield will be non existent against them.
We are not strong enough in the middle of the park and don't have the players to improve it at the moment.
Its not about being "utter shitebags, its about realising we still have a bit to go yet.

We've suffered a setback and people are throwing in the towel. Even after that shocker last night we're still ahead of them in the league. They are obviously superior to us in that area of the pitch but the day I go into an Old Firm game fearing them is the day I stop being a Rangers fan.

We cant really afford any more slip ups before the mutants come to us, frankly we've seen this Team of ours tends to run scared when playing them offering far too much respect. We need quality signings in January window if possible.

Yes, comfortably.

Whether we have the mindset to stay on top of the league for an extended period at this early stage of Gerrard’s management is another question.

You never know, and each game is different. We have a chance if we have fit squad to pick from.

But I wouldn't bet a singe £1 coin on us winning the game.

Games against the sum can be hard to call. The last time we played them the manager got his tactics wrong.but they only won it due to a refs mistake.

We are inconsistent, so who knows, a couple of weeks ago I would have said yes, but with our indiscipline, alongside dreadful referees, I don't know who will be available, but with our strongest side, its still a cautious yes from me.

if we get it right and stop constantly switching the 11 then yes we have enough in our tank

Half the squad don't have the quality and if posible will have to be moved on in January,this has now been proven on numerous occasions.weve done well considering but morelos needs to be sold in January,thought he had learned and was warming to him,as a vital player last night proved he's a liability great player with huge potential to become better but no fcking good to us is he suspended all the time,fcking raging with that performance last night,no more fcking chances for the mentaly week now

Half the squad don't have the quality and if posible will have to be moved on in January,this has now been proven on numerous occasions.weve done well considering but morelos needs to be sold in January,thought he had learned and was warming to him,as a vital player last night proved he's a liability great player with huge potential to become better but no fcking good to us is he suspended all the time,fcking raging with that performance last night,no more fcking chances for the mentaly week now
So you want to sell our top scorer in January.honestly don,t think the manager will agree with you there.

Of course we are good enough.

But, certain players need to turn up! Coulibally and Ejaria to name 2.

We have players who can win games - Candeias, Kent, Middleton, Morelos, Lafferty

It's the players we need to win the battle who need to turn up!

The orcs are going to overrun us in midfield, end up a re-run of the game at Celtic Park earlier this season, obviously hope I'm wrong though. A draw won't even be good enough.

Back