Does this seem half-hearted.

Aww bless them, they’re still learning... the fact is they’re not a big club (yet), they just have an obscenely rich owner and are playing in an obscenely rich league.

Take all the money away and Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal stay big clubs.... Man City disappear.
Take the money away from the club's you mentioned and it's the same outcome.

Come on guys And gals. We’d be just as ecstatic if we’d just won El Cashio :)

Take the money away from the club's you mentioned and it's the same outcome.
Wrong. Their traditions and rich history remain. The trophy cabinets would still show case their successes over the decades. They would continue to fill their stadiums. Even if their newer overseas fans from Asian markets shrank a little, they would still have huge fan bases domestically and abroad. They would still have large travelling supports. Their supporters would still always demand they competed and won trophies (remind you of any other set of supporters). Their names globally would continue to be recognised, respected and have longevity. Man Utd and Liverpool will always be compared with, and spoken about in the same breath as the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juve, Bayern.

If the Abu Dhabi owners walked away tomorrow, Man City would at best revert back to being an Everton or Aston Villa... and their fans would probably be more comfortable with that role - dreaming and hoping but ultimately being mediocre and accepting mid table finishes!

Wrong. Their traditions and rich history remain. The trophy cabinets would still show case their successes over the decades. They would continue to fill their stadiums. Even if their newer overseas fans from Asian markets shrank a little, they would still have huge fan bases domestically and abroad. They would still have large travelling supports. Their supporters would still always demand they competed and won trophies (remind you of any other set of supporters). Their names globally would continue to be recognised, respected and have longevity. Man Utd and Liverpool will always be compared with, and spoken about in the same breath as the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juve, Bayern.

If the Abu Dhabi owners walked away tomorrow, Man City would at best revert back to being an Everton or Aston Villa... and their fans would probably be more comfortable with that role - dreaming and hoping but ultimately being mediocre and accepting mid table finishes!
Riiiiiiight

I dont like to disrespect other teams fans(apart from the usual suspects) but could you imagine us if we had just qualified for the champions league final the place would be mental.

There are other pics where there is clearly a bigger crowd there but it's an absolute insignificance compared to what it would be like if we had reached the CL final.

No wonder they pipe crowd noise in.

They probably still do the "ohhhhhhh, you fat bastard" when the Goalie kicks it out.

Man City are a truly soulless Club always had a soft spot for them in years gone by ,I truly hope they don’t win the CL but it is inevitable .

Wait, they care about the Champions League all of a sudden?

I'm old enough to remember a half-empty Etihad for UCL games.
I remember watching a Euro game a season or so after Abdul blood money arrived (they had got in through fair play or something) and the ground was more than half empty because they thought that the CL was where they should be.
This from the same mob who a couple of seasons earlier would have killed for a place in a league cup semi.

Pathetic and rather lame. They look a bit lost!

Just waiting for them chanting, "I believe that we will win".

Very half-hearted City. Give it a bit of welly like this lot:
tenor.gif

tenor.gif

I celebrated more the last time we won the Tennents Sixes!

I wish someone would start a separate league for all of those so called "super clubs" and their plastic fans.

Amazing achievement. They've only spent a billion pounds this last decade to get into the final. Love an underdog story.
Don't forget the wages on top of that, the whole new shiny stadium, god knows how many players/managers along the way etc. they epitomise everything wrong about football , just throw endless amounts of money at it until we succeed, they will never be classed as an institution in comparison to certain other British footballing clubs. The European Cup no longer holds it prestige because of clubs practically buying it now , it's a competition for the elite ....elite being spend at all costs , once in a while it is interesting due to unfancied teams/teams with less spending doing well, the Champions League is the warm up to the European Super League. Put a spending cap on players/wages etc. and see how many of the "elite" handle equal competition.

I’m happy for the long standing City fans. There’s a few of the boys from the ‘Brook here who used to take serious stick but followed them through the thin years from way back, going to games at Maine Road.

For the bandwagon jumpers, whatever.

It reminds me of the time Chelsea first won the league. My then neighbour was a lovely gentleman in his then 70s who had supported Chelsea all his life. His response to me saying “I bet you’re a happy man” that night they won it was “I am, but let’s be honest - we bought it”. Wise words which sum up football even more so these days.
If he was in his 70’s and a Chelsea fan he’d be well aware that it wasn’t the first time they won the league.

If he was in his 70’s and a Chelsea fan he’d be well aware that it wasn’t the first time they won the league.
Sorry, that is correct and it should have said Premier League. He even made reference to that win later in the conversation now you said it. Oops.

Back