Does this seem half-hearted.

giphy.gif

I’m happy for the long standing City fans. There’s a few of the boys from the ‘Brook here who used to take serious stick but followed them through the thin years from way back, going to games at Maine Road.

For the bandwagon jumpers, whatever.

It reminds me of the time Chelsea first won the league. My then neighbour was a lovely gentleman in his then 70s who had supported Chelsea all his life. His response to me saying “I bet you’re a happy man” that night they won it was “I am, but let’s be honest - we bought it”. Wise words which sum up football even more so these days.

No amount of Middle Eastern billions will ever convince me theyre not a shit club.

Cant stand them.
Grudgingly have to admit they are good to watch at times but I can't stand city either.

Not alone in doing so but counting trophies outside of the top league and the charity shield as major honours is tinpot.

I've seen more life in a morgue and heard more passion at a funeral.

Madfirit!

Oddly enough my family has a connection to Man City. Old man was telling me all about it when he noticed the big Colin Bell banner. Got a wee story about a certain Saint Johnston game in 1973 and the fact his teacher was a scout for Man City. As well as one of his mates in his football team signed for them while two others signed on at Rangers.

I've always looked for their scores but I'm old enough to remember when City were a total job squad of a club.

Lovely bit of skill tonight though between the captain and Foden. Pity he pinged the post in the end.

Fantastic team to watch but everything else about that club is so pathetic.

I know they had a decent fanbase even when down in the lower leagues but these days it's all so plastic.

Quite sad actually, a Lower to mid table club a few years ago & now a champions league final is no big deal? Jeezo

There is one at my work who won't even have watched tonight's game as he doesn't acknowledge their matches in UEFA run competitions due to their squabbles with UEFA.

He has a season ticket as well.

I’m happy for the long standing City fans. There’s a few of the boys from the ‘Brook here who used to take serious stick but followed them through the thin years from way back, going to games at Maine Road.

For the bandwagon jumpers, whatever.

It reminds me of the time Chelsea first won the league. My then neighbour was a lovely gentleman in his then 70s who had supported Chelsea all his life. His response to me saying “I bet you’re a happy man” that night they won it was “I am, but let’s be honest - we bought it”. Wise words which sum up football even more so these days.

You could say that about us in season 86/87 when Souness arrived...

Aww bless them, they’re still learning... the fact is they’re not a big club (yet), they just have an obscenely rich owner and are playing in an obscenely rich league.

Take all the money away and Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal stay big clubs.... Man City disappear.

Man City where always my English club since I was young and I'm 37 now but I have to admit, these last 8 years or so I've become very disconnected from the club and it looks like the local fan base has as well. That's poor.

Wait, they care about the Champions League all of a sudden?

I'm old enough to remember a half-empty Etihad for UCL games.

When they drew Monaco in the CL Quarter Final and thought it was a bye I managed to get a ticket the night before the match. Imagine having tickets available for a CL quarter final. I had no purchase history at all and had the pick of any stand I wanted. Ended up being 5-3 to City but Monaco put them out. I was delighted as there was a clear lack of respect shown when the draw was made.

That is hilariously pathetic.

We celebrated beating Partick more than they celebrated getting into a CL final.

Unfortunately success is wasted on some fans.

Back