Dom Solanke number 1 January target

if the lad comes, he will see action more often than not. That's pretty much a given.
We should be pushing for an 18 month loan if at all possible

I am just not sure where he would play, I know Morelos is likely to be suspended for a few games every so often but other than that we play with one up front, I think a midfield general and creative number 10 would be higher up the priority list

Same goes for KD

kevin-drinkell-image-2-607130953.jpg

I would prefer experienced players signed in January for the run in.
Realise it’s not a great time for dealings during this window but would prefer the likes of Davis , if possible, who has been over the course before and a striker with a lot of first team games.
Easier said than done I suppose.

Interesting thing is we tend to play 4-3-3 and he's not a striker as such....would we drop a winger to let him drift? Or play a wide mid instead, someone who can defend too? Leave some space?

I know this is almost needlessly negative, but I’ve got a gut feeling he’s going to be a big anti-climax, especially because of the way people have never shut up about him.
There's been quite a few anti climax signings.Docherty, Sadiq to name a couple.
Seems to me just a new name gets an orgasmic excitement.

I'd take him as back up but I can't see Liverpool agreeing to that. So which one of our own players gets papped out the side to develop an other clubs player? Morelos, Grezda, Candeias?

If Premiership teams are In for him then I have no clue how we are pulling this one off. Would be a fantastic bit of business to get him for 18 months but I just cannot see it.

If Premiership teams are In for him then I have no clue how we are pulling this one off. Would be a fantastic bit of business to get him for 18 months but I just cannot see it.

No benefit to Liverpool surely of him playing dross at bottom end of league down there. Maybe the chance of euro action and a title race and Gerrard and Kings good relations with LFC will swing it.

I heard Charlie Adam discussing a loan move to us on Talksport?
It was only speculation I suppose.
However, in a game like Wednesday's surely Charlie would have been a goal thread from the edge of the box with his shooting ability?

Teams like Aberdeen sit in deep and allow us to play around the edge of the box and often we have players given good shooting opportunities from distance, but we don't really have any player with a long distance shot in them.

I'd take him as back up but I can't see Liverpool agreeing to that. So which one of our own players gets papped out the side to develop an other clubs player? Morelos, Grezda, Candeias?
The only thing is if the players we develop take us to 55 no one will give a sh!t if they are our players or not, well I won't anyway. Will you?

Interesting thing is we tend to play 4-3-3 and he's not a striker as such....would we drop a winger to let him drift? Or play a wide mid instead, someone who can defend too? Leave some space?

Discussed this before

To be honest if playing a 433 well you need striker who can play from wide positions.
We did it well with Shota, Caniggia, Lovenkrands before.

Playing it with wingers who don’t score much puts all the pressure on your only striker.
It also requires you midfield 3 to be flexible, they need to have pace, be tough and to be able to use the ball well.

I don’t think it works for the players we have against teams who sit back. I also don’t think we have the quality to play a 433 with the bang average midfielders and wide players we have.

Midfielders with quality should be our priority if money is tight not a striker.

He would play behind Morelos.

Middle of the three

So no wide players?

Dropping the right winger or the left?

Morelos doesn’t seem to work well with another striker either.

I don’t see how he fits in unless we totally change our shape and our main striker.

We definitely need another striker which I think would allow us to manage Morelos better if someone of the calibre of Solanke came in but we also need CM whether that happens or not

No because he plays anywhere across the front 3, but could play in the middle when Alfie has his inevitable brainfarts.

I don’t think he does Tags , or he doesn’t do it very well. There isn’t much to judge him on apart from English u21/23 stuff.
I think he is mostly a striker but not anywhere near the class of Liverpool’s front 3.
I don’t think he will come to us and will end up at mid level premiership team.

So no wide players?

Dropping the right winger or the left?

Morelos doesn’t seem to work well with another striker either.

I don’t see how he fits in unless we totally change our shape and our main striker.

I have said this as well in the past, but when you look at who he has played with upfront (Lafferty and Cummings) it maybe says more about them than it does Morelos.

Did he not work ok with Miller at the start of last season? I can't fully remember.

To be honest, other than a few clips I haven't seen much of Solanke, but if he comes up here then he's coming as a starter the majority of the time you'd have to say.

I have said this as well in the past, but when you look at who he has played with upfront (Lafferty and Cummings) it maybe says more about them than it does Morelos.

Did he not work ok with Miller at the start of last season? I can't fully remember.

To be honest, other than a few clips I haven't seen much of Solanke, but if he comes up here then he's coming as a starter the majority of the time you'd have to say.

I don’t think he did work well with Miller and Kenny wasn’t scoring much either.

Morelos is such a bustling, fighter of a striker but is a loner on the park.
The problem with this we become totally dependent on him and for him to be scoring. If he doesn’t we struggle. So a lot of pressure on him to provide for us.
Again I don’t see Morelos getting dropped for a young loanee from Liverpool.

I don’t think he did work well with Miller and Kenny wasn’t scoring much either.

Morelos is such a bustling, fighter of a striker but is a loner on the park.
The problem with this we become totally dependent on him and for him to be scoring. If he doesn’t we struggle. So a lot of pressure on him to provide for us.
Again I don’t see Morelos getting dropped for a young loanee from Liverpool.
I can't see Morelos getting dropped either. Not with the way Gerrard talks about him.

That said, Solanke wouldn't be coming up here to play as fleetingly as Lafferty has. Absolutely no chance. Can he play wide in a front 3?

Could just be that the story is just a rumour that runs and runs and nothing comes of it, like it was in the summer:p

I can't see Morelos getting dropped either. Not with the way Gerrard talks about him.

That said, Solanke wouldn't be coming up here to play as fleetingly as Lafferty has. Absolutely no chance. Can he play wide in a front 3?

Could just be that the story is just a rumour that runs and runs and nothing comes of it, like it was in the summer:p

I agree with you on the last part:D

Back