Domestic season over in February

Status
Not open for further replies.
aye awright you're milking it noo

:))
Haha!
Believe me, if I was milking it he'd know all about it but I'd genuinely forgotten all about him...probably because he hasn't been trolling me like he used to do after that discussion.
Since then he seemed to have disappeared completely.
I just took it he was a timposter that had got bored of trolling Rangers fans.

Haha!
Believe me, if I was milking it he'd know all about it but I'd genuinely forgotten all about him...probably because he hasn't been trolling me like he used to do after that discussion.
grenade lobbed in

:eek:

Ach, this is all getting a bit silly.

Given the domestic campaign repeating itself two years in a row, Gerrard faced more than valid concerns about his suitability and future in the job.

It all looks a bit silly now but there were serious calls for him to go on here last season. I'd be more concerned with anyone on here who regarded last season as some kind of success. We were absolutely fcking shite!
Post winter break yes, we were shite but reaching the last 16 in a European Competition is not a season of failure in my eyes.............. I do accept however Stevie G HAD to win at least one trophy this season and winning 55, stopping their 9.75 in a row was THE one to win, worth it all in a weight of Gold.

If that’s the case, then I apologise. Like I said I genuinely don’t mind people taking the piss for a bit of fun.

And for the record (and I hope the biggest snipers see this), I said last season no one would be happier than me to see Gerrard turn it around, and no one would be happier than me to see Tav lift the league trophy. I also said I’d apologise to Tav if this happened and only last night reaffirmed that I’d be making that apology when the league title win is official. I’ll say what I said earlier, I’m happy to be wrong if it means Rangers are getting it right. That’s why I’m happy to show face and why I won’t hide away.
Couldn’t resist. I’ve always been on the other side of the Tav debate.

Seriously, where do we go from here? How can any manager survive that? How can anyone say this is progress?

We’ve just been embarrassed, it’s not only unacceptable, it’s downright humiliating. We’ve got a naive coach who doesn’t learn from his mistakes and players who actually admit they can’t deal with the expectation in domestic competition. This can’t go on, we’ve seen enough and I’m fed up with the excuses, enough is enough.
Hahaha
This ended well

I love these threads being dug out hahaha. Not to ridicule posters, but enjoy reading it with hindsight.

Weirdly, that Hearts defeat helped us this season as we got 2 league games played instead of playing in that poxy Scottish Cup.

It allows a few people to say I told you so. I’d love them to deconstruct the OP, and barring the “enough is enough” hysteria posted in the heat of the moment after another embarrassing cup failure, tell us all what parts were actually inaccurate and why concerns weren’t valid.

As someone else said, we were terrible, it was embarrassing, we made the same mistakes again, these are all true. Rather than turn it into something positive and make it about how well the management team and players have turned it around and right the wrongs there’s a section of folk who’ve opted for shit stirring and shit slinging via snide digs and the rewriting of history. It’s a cracking GIUY, if you want to dilute or sour the recent euphoria.

Ah, stop it. You'd be quick to repost if the season hadn't gone well and invited the 'happy clappers' to respond. Be delighted you made an arse of it. And how the heck a bumping of a thread "dilutes or sours the recent euphoria" is beyond me.

On the wider point, it was worrying that after 18months there was thread after thread wanting Gerrard gone. Even worse the suggestions of Warnock and Allardyce because it was presumed they'd know how to win at Rugby Park...

Enjoy the next few weeks. We've all deserved it!

It allows a few people to say I told you so. I’d love them to deconstruct the OP, and barring the “enough is enough” hysteria posted in the heat of the moment after another embarrassing cup failure, tell us all what parts were actually inaccurate and why concerns weren’t valid.

As someone else said, we were terrible, it was embarrassing, we made the same mistakes again, these are all true. Rather than turn it into something positive and make it about how well the management team and players have turned it around and right the wrongs there’s a section of folk who’ve opted for shit stirring and shit slinging via snide digs and the rewriting of history. It’s a cracking GIUY, if you want to dilute or sour the recent euphoria.
You still don't have it in you to say "I was wrong" (you're not alone.) All you've done since coming back to the thread is defend your comments.
I say that as someone who made no contribution to the thread, so this is not a "I told you so" revenge post that you keep hammering on about too.
You'd get more respect for saying you made a raging arse of it.

I don't know how many times I've re-read your OP, but it's an abomination.

Most folk saw it as a sticky spell, most folk were as angry as you, but most folk could see the wood through the trees.

Most folk were correct.

Ah, stop it. You'd be quick to repost if the season hadn't gone well and invited the 'happy clappers' to respond. Be delighted you made an arse of it. And how the heck a bumping of a thread "dilutes or sours the recent euphoria" is beyond me.

On the wider point, it was worrying that after 18months there was thread after thread wanting Gerrard gone. Even worse the suggestions of Warnock and Allardyce because it was presumed they'd know how to win at Rugby Park...

Enjoy the next few weeks. We've all deserved it!

I take no joy in Rangers slipping up though. And I don’t know why it’s beyond you mate, I mean I what has come of it other than to put certain posters at loggerheads again? I’ve already admitted I’ve been proven wrong, I’ve posted it multiple times already this season. There’s been implications I wouldn’t admit to this and one poster fibbing about me asking for Gerrard to be removed, none of its true so why sour happy times with nonsense? I have no problem with admitting when I’ve been proven wrong and never have, and again as I’ve posted countless times already this season, I’ve never been happier to be proven wrong.

The rest of it I agree with wholeheartedly!

You still don't have it in you to say "I was wrong" (you're not alone.) All you've done since coming back to the thread is defend your comments.
I say that as someone who made no contribution to the thread, so this is not a "I told you so" revenge post that you keep hammering on about too.
You'd get more respect for saying you made a raging arse of it.

I don't know how many times I've re-read your OP, but it's an abomination.

Most folk saw it as a sticky spell, most folk were as angry as you, but most folk could see the wood through the trees.

Then much like your mate you need a lesson in close reading. I’ve not only admitted to being proven wrong I’ve done so in various threads regarding both the manager and the captain.

Tell me what part of the OP you have an issue with and why concerns weren’t valid at that time....I already asked this once and no one has come back to me. Self aggrandising pish.

Haha!

Hahaha. He is a bear I believe, he just happens to have had more names than Phil Mcgillivan.

Having only previously scan read this thread, the penny's just dropped on DZ's new nomenclature.
I can hardly contain myself waiting for Scaramanga admitting he got it spectacularly wrong and offering me an apology for getting personal and abusive!
I've a feeling I'll be waiting a long time....like never!
:rolleyes:

A few posts after your OP you said this:

Seriously where’s all the lads who had a go at me the other night? Come on in and tell me about the progress, I could really use your persuasion more than ever now, but I feel like I’ve just watched a team of losers pass up our last chance at domestic silverware because they didn’t want it as much as that dreadful Hearts side.

You're literally goading people who seemingly disagreed with you in a previous argument, saying: "I told you so, we really are shite". Sit down and take your medicine ffs.

Then much like your mate you need a lesson in close reading. I’ve not only admitted to being proven wrong I’ve done so in various threads regarding both the manager and the captain.

Tell me what part of the OP you have an issue with and why concerns weren’t valid at that time....I already asked this once and no one has come back to me. Self aggrandising pish.
Nobody knew who the f uck you were in "various other threads", but I'd wager every admission was accompanied by the defensive ranting of how you weren't really wrong.

You know, like you're doing in this thread.

You’ve got one guy saying he doesn’t see why a bump like this would sour anything all the while someone else is saying he thought I was a trolling mentally challenged. Christ, yeah how could it sour anything eh! As if that isn’t bad enough you’ve got folk not bothering their arse actually read anything before jumping in to exclaim I’d never admit to being wrong.

Nobody knew who the f uck you were in "various other threads", but I'd wager every admission was accompanied by the defensive ranting of how you weren't really wrong.

You know, like you're doing in this thread.

Bollocks. And what difference does it make? The point is I’ve admitted to being proven wrong, so you fibbing away about me doing otherwise is worthless.

Explain to me the issue you have with the OP and why concerns were valid and do so within the context of the time it was made......

Post winter break yes, we were shite but reaching the last 16 in a European Competition is not a season of failure in my eyes.............. I do accept however Stevie G HAD to win at least one trophy this season and winning 55, stopping their 9.75 in a row was THE one to win, worth it all in a weight of Gold.

Reaching the last 16 is not a failure but last season was most definitely a failure for Rangers. It's perhaps one that helped sow the seeds of future success, but last year was no more a successful season than 2005/6 was under McLeish. You could argue there were signs of improvement, but the season was still a failure.

Barring the calls for Gerrard to go - I was of the opinion that he deserved another season - there's not many bad takes on the first page of this thread. Failing to beat Hearts was embarrassing. The performances were chronic. We were gutless. He didn't seem to be learning. We won no trophies.

All of those ideas were as valid at the time as criticism was of McCoist in the eighties, or of Smith's performances in Europe in the nineties, or of Murray's stewardship of the club in the noughties, or Warburton's inability to put out a defence, or Morelos' lack of goals in big games - any prediction that now looks valid or invalid with hindsight.

Fortunately it's the case that Gerrard and co took the decision that last year wasn't successful because if they had I doubt they'd have been as rapid improvement in the squad this year - no other Rangers manager has overseen as substantial an improvement in his team than Gerrard. Given how shittily last season ended, it was fair enough to question whether that was possible. It was fair enough to question whether we could even take part in a title challenge, never mind have it wrapped up by March!

If only we could go back far enough into the archives to dig out threads where some prominent (and currently chortling) posters wanted Walter papped 6 months after a Euro final and 5 months before the beginning of a 3 in a row period of dominance B-D

Anyone who wasn’t questioning Gerrard at that point probably sleeps with a 8x10 glossy of him. We’d made very little progress domestically, that’s a fact. The players crumbled, that’s also a fact. The gaffer made repeat mistakes, another fact. I’m just content I never actually once asked for him to be sacked and was always willing to give him another season. It’s important to realise some of these are posted in the heat of the moment immediately after defeats too.
We had made huge progress domestically.

A few posts after your OP you said this:

You're literally goading people who seemingly disagreed with you in a previous argument, saying: "I told you so, we really are shite". Sit down and take your medicine ffs.

What do you want me to say? That we didn’t meekly surrender our last chance of silverware in February to a side who were rock bottom? That we weren’t nose diving?

I’ve ultimately been proven wrong by the management and players and have said so several times, what more do you want. At that time my concerns were absolutely valid, that isn’t going to change because that’s how it was last year and history won’t change.

Brilliant Gramps - this thread was like a match day one when we are not 2-0 ahead after 20 mins.

Danger Zone - Come on Down - Let's Be Having You.............to at least have the decency to say you made a right jo hunt of yourself with the anti Stevie G bile.
DZ left the building a while ago.

Previously he was Jacrispy.

Good poster. Didn't always agree with him, but usually put his point across well.

What do you want me to say? That we didn’t meekly surrender our last chance of silverware in February to a side who were rock bottom? That we weren’t nose diving?

I’ve ultimately been proven wrong by the management and players and have said so several times, what more do you want. At that time my concerns were absolutely valid, that isn’t going to change because that’s how it was last year and history won’t change.

What I'm saying is you shouldn't be so salty about people saying "I told you so" when that's what you were doing in this thread.

You’ve got one guy saying he doesn’t see why a bump like this would sour anything all the while someone else is saying he thought I was a trolling mentally challenged. Christ, yeah how could it sour anything eh! As if that isn’t bad enough you’ve got folk not bothering their arse actually read anything before jumping in to exclaim I’d never admit to being wrong.
That's me you're talking about and just to be clear I didn't accuse you of being a mentally challenged troll, I just SUSPECTED you were as you had a concerted vicious campaign of denigrating our manager and indeed anyone who supported him and when he started to turn things around and we were becoming more successful than even his doubters could have imagined, you went underground and was nowhere to be seen.

I totally agree.

He should go now. Warburton was hounded for not learning anything in between successive defeats at Tynecastle, how is this different?
Stuff like this is daft. I openly had doubts about Gerrard and there was some good discussion around that subject.

Some people take their status on here a bit too seriously. It's a fans forum, we're emotive. Sometimes we make good points, other times spout a lot of pish.

I care about Rangers winning, not cultivating a reputation on a messageboard for being a 'good poster'.

I don’t mind it too much, I suppose it’s just a bit of laugh. It also helps that there’s nothing to actually be embarrassed about. The last two domestic campaigns weren’t good enough and the collapse and exit to Hearts was utterly humiliating.
Give it up.

Jeez, this started as an amusing wee bump and folk laughing at some of the stuff posted a year ago. Now it’s all gone serious.:eek:

Just rejoice that so much of what was posted was premature. I’m sure that was why the poster @alfiemorelos bumped it in the first place. Thread has put on 5 pages of posts more than the original one was deemed worthy of.

That's me you're talking about and just to be clear I didn't accuse you of being a mentally challenged troll, I just SUSPECTED you were as you had a concerted vicious campaign of denigrating our manager and indeed anyone who supported him and when he started to turn things around and we were becoming more successful than even his doubters could have imagined, you went underground and was nowhere to be seen.

We were already sitting with a huge lead and beating everyone when I lost my old account so that doesn’t really wash unfortunately. Regarding your last post, I believe personal abuse is frowned upon.

Bollocks. And what difference does it make? The point is I’ve admitted to being proven wrong, so you fibbing away about me doing otherwise is worthless.

Explain to me the issue you have with the OP and why concerns were valid and do so within the context of the time it was made......
It's really as simple as most hadn't lost faith with the manager at that tough time, you clearly had.

You said there was no progression.There definitely has been year on year progression. Playing celtc off the park in every game but the 2-0 loss at Ibrox is progression.
Being denied the chance of a title that was still within our grasp is progression.

I still can't find the post where you said "I was wrong" but I'm tired, so I may have missed it. There's plenty posts of you trying too damn hard to prove you weren't wrong though.
I'm also tired of arguing with the only person worse than my ex wife in an argument.

So fucking wrong, but never wrong.
We'll agree to end this and you can have the last word, like the ex wife always had when I became bored.

Last edited:
Never posted then but I know I wanted him out and make no apology for it :D

At that point we were failing.

I also wanted Derek Mccinnes instead of him.

In the moment its simply that, in the moment and supported by where we were in the league. Least I can laugh now at the state I was in over it all :D

2 New year collapses and out of the SC even earlier isn’t progress, it’s just not. But there’s really no point in dwelling on that now.
There was very obvious signs of massive progress from where we were when Gerrard took over. We were improving all the time and it was far more likely we’d keep improving under Gerrard. You had started to try to silence the improvement argument by saying we couldn’t keep using where we had been as an excuse. The improvement was obvious to anybody who wanted to see it.

In the moment its simply that, in the moment and supported by where we were in the league. Least I can laugh now at the state I was in over it all :D
I was the same I was even hoping to get Sam Allardyce in the door this time last year :oops::oops:

It's good to see someone laugh at their own stupidity.

I do it frequently.:))

Last edited:
I knew DZ must’ve been here somewhere but never suspected it was scaramanga! You’re no Madrid/Ronald de bear/Henning when it comes to continuity!

I recall DZ tagging me in a match day thread when big Pena scored against Thistle or someone to tell me how wrong I had got it with him and state how raging I must be.

But that was different I’m sure. :D self aggrandizing indeed.

Anyway, all a laugh and joke. Let’s enjoy the greatest season we’ve seen in a long, long time! Including the OP.

Id have had Barisic out after that friendly where he was savaged by Gerrard given his poor start. I’m sure a bump of that would make me look foolish.

Last post on this. I think the concerns expressed in the thread at that time were perfectly valid because we were in free fall and that cup exit was embarrassing and domestically we’d seen two collapses at the same point in the season. However, I have no problem admitting both the manager and captain have proven me wrong, I’ve said so more than once and I said last season that ultimately I’d love to be proven wrong if it mean Rangers getting it right, hence the gushing praise shown for the manager caption and all of the players this season. That’s the end of it really, I’m sorry if that isn’t good enough for anyone.

Last post on this. I think the concerns expressed in the thread at that time were perfectly valid because we were in free fall and that cup exit was embarrassing and domestically we’d seen two collapses at the same point in the season. However, I have no problem admitting both the manager and captain have proven me wrong, I’ve said so more than once and I said last season that ultimately I’d love to be proven wrong if it mean Rangers getting it right, hence the gushing praise shown for the manager caption and all of the players this season. That’s the end of it really, I’m sorry if that isn’t good enough for anyone.
You almost make that sound like your original post was a one off.

His “I told you so” posts about Guardiola/Klopp on the English football threads are a bit annoying in fairness :D

I can't remember why I never posted on this thread last year, as I usually like to give my tuppence worth.

But whatever the reason, I'm glad I stayed quiet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back