Domestic season over in February

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mind bumps like this. I can admit after Hamilton last season I thought Gerrard could be gone.

I even had a few doubts around the Livingston and Hibs games at the start of this campaign but were all vanquished from battering them at their midden.

The coaching staff deserve a lot of credit for using the lockdown period to come back the way they did.

Where is Danger Zone/Spooge now?
DZ - an intelligent, passionate & entertaining poster - had doubts about SG from day 1. IIRC, he's had a rough time; may have lost his job due to Covid. Hope he's well.

It's good to see someone laugh at their own stupidity.

I do it frequently.:))

Absolutely mate.

I'm not ashamed with my thinking at the time. At the same time there are other things which I've been accurate about in my hope for the club.

If you cannot stand by your views or acknowledge them.......says very little about yourself.

Would always rather be honest than Bury head in the sand or follow the 'in statement'.

I'll end with SG fucked it for the double this season :D

Heres to a long time in coming with 55 around the corner!!!

DZ - an intelligent, passionate & entertaining poster - had doubts about SG from day 1. IIRC, he's had a rough time; may have lost his job due to Covid. Hope he's well.

Is this another one of his many alts?

In all seriousness, he could start an argument in an empty house but I didn’t know that about his situation. Fingers crossed he’s getting back on his feet.

In all seriousness, he could start an argument in an empty house but I didn’t know that about his situation. Fingers crossed he’s getting back on his feet.
My only clash with DZ was on the old board Lounge over music. Same avatar, but he'd a different handle then. Maybe played the man, but always fought his corner admirably.

Simply can't be wedded to one way of playing.

Docherty, McCrorrie and Murphy could have all made a difference, maybe even Polster.

But none of them have a game that fits our "philosophy".

I’m not even going to try to offer context.

It’s just wrong and there are probably pro-Chancellor Hitler and his solution to the Jewish problem articles from the thirties that haven’t aged this badly.

Prick

Said I wouldn’t post on this again but going to give it one more just to say thanks for the well wishes, genuinely appreciate it and hope I can maybe claw my way out of my current situation soon with the vaccines being rolled out and some light at the end of the tunnel.

And again, I don’t want to fall out with anyone or anything and hope we can all have a good time celebrating together in the coming weeks. Of which during that time I’ll again offer an apology to the gaffer for doubting him and an even bigger one to the captain for the same reasons.

I’m not even going to try to offer context.

It’s just wrong and there are probably pro-Chancellor Hitler and his solution to the Jewish problem articles from the thirties that haven’t aged this badly.

Prick
you've just quoted yourself

Said I wouldn’t post on this again but going to give it one more just to say thanks for the well wishes, genuinely appreciate it and hope I can maybe claw my way out of my current situation soon with the vaccines being rolled out and some light at the end of the tunnel.

And again, I don’t want to fall out with anyone or anything and hope we can all have a good time celebrating together in the coming weeks. Of which during that time I’ll again offer an apology to the gaffer for doubting him and an even bigger one to the captain for the same reasons.
poof

Seriously, where do we go from here? How can any manager survive that? How can anyone say this is progress?

We’ve just been embarrassed, it’s not only unacceptable, it’s downright humiliating. We’ve got a naive coach who doesn’t learn from his mistakes and players who actually admit they can’t deal with the expectation in domestic competition. This can’t go on, we’ve seen enough and I’m fed up with the excuses, enough is enough.
I saw this and thought it was from the Celtic Forum

I'm starting to feel really glad I was too ill to post the night of the Hearts game last season. I was so ill I didn't even watch the game. Drifting in and out consciousness with a really high fever. Probably for the best :))

I genuinely was at a point of wondering if Gerrard had lost the dressing room somewhat. I couldn't explain the collapse. I know now it was down to suspensions, injuries, a lack of depth and a few key players going off the boil at the same time.

I don't think I was as visceral in my anger as OP was, granted by the time I'd recovered from my illness a few days later. The focus had shifted to bouncing back. I remember posting in the aftermath of the Hamilton game at Ibrox and proclaiming that Gerrard wasn't beyond reproach and that another season of domestic failure could have spelled disaster for him. Then the world as we know it ended and our fortunes changed.

mentally challenged myth,lockdown did not save Gerrard's job.
You do not sack a manager who's in the last 16 of The Europa League.
I’d disagree with that, it’s easy to forget how much of a shame we were last February and March, I don’t see how he would have survived if the league was finished as normal. Delighted it never and we are where we are now so it’s just all speculation.

I’d have been gutted had he left like the rest of us. We had all emotionally invested so much in him!

Far far far too many posts to put a laughing at you face on in this thread, everyone that posted to remove the Gaffer last season should be ashamed of themselves #55 in the Fu©King bag.

This was a half five ko right ? What a trip we had from Inverness one too many for the minibus so turns in the boot arrived in Edinburgh bout 1:30 . Was an awful awful game . With gerrards comments after it seemed it might be over . Not defending some of the hyperbole on here but it’s understandable we’d all thought it was turning after the win at their midden . Some of the performances after the winter break were awful was at every game tough times .

giphy.gif

What a week that was. Threw the league away in a matter of week, Alfie fucking us about again leaving us with no strikers, Gerrard sounding like he had given up. Really felt like the end.

Was also the last time I managed to get to the pub with my full group of mates (including a few hearts fans annoyingly enough).

What a difference 12 months makes.

I’d disagree with that, it’s easy to forget how much of a shame we were last February and March, I don’t see how he would have survived if the league was finished as normal. Delighted it never and we are where we are now so it’s just all speculation.

I’d have been gutted had he left like the rest of us. We had all emotionally invested so much in him!
If the league had been finished as normal we might have won it. Their performances post-lockdown show that

They had us to play twice, we had a game in hand and they had to go to Hibs even before the split where they’ve not won in years.

I had that Virus a year ago and still struggle with fatigue
I hope you recover quickly and keep well

That’s more in reference to the collapse and the lack of form. I never once said I wanted Gerrard gone, if I wanted him sacked if he’s said it in plain English. I also reaffirmed my stance on subsequent threads that he deserved another crack at it. So all the self aggrandising pish that’s pouring out from a few at the moment is really based off of nothing other than conjecture and fairy nonsense.

I don’t mind a bit of piss taking, it’s absolutely fine. But this is the sort of bollocks that really does nothing other than to pour cold water on the positivity that’s running through the forum this season, particularly when it’s based on not an awful lot.
You should be getting the pish taken out of you for claiming that you don’t mind ‘a bit of piss taking’ immediately after a paragraph defending yourself from getting the pish taken out of you :cool: B-)

If only we could go back far enough into the archives to dig out threads where some prominent (and currently chortling) posters wanted Walter papped 6 months after a Euro final and 5 months before the beginning of a 3 in a row period of dominance B-D

Anyone who wasn’t questioning Gerrard at that point probably sleeps with a 8x10 glossy of him. We’d made very little progress domestically, that’s a fact. The players crumbled, that’s also a fact. The gaffer made repeat mistakes, another fact. I’m just content I never actually once asked for him to be sacked and was always willing to give him another season. It’s important to realise some of these are posted in the heat of the moment immediately after defeats too.

Anyone laughing at this scroll back your WhatsApp group chats to after the Hearts and Hamilton games last season end of February start of March

Mine was a difficult read
Correct there were plenty of folk calling for Gerrard to go last Feb. I wasn’t far off it myself. Anyone saying they saw this scale of turn around coming is talking out of their arse.

Last edited:
Seriously, where do we go from here? How can any manager survive that? How can anyone say this is progress?

We’ve just been embarrassed, it’s not only unacceptable, it’s downright humiliating. We’ve got a naive coach who doesn’t learn from his mistakes and players who actually admit they can’t deal with the expectation in domestic competition. This can’t go on, we’ve seen enough and I’m fed up with the excuses, enough is enough.
MiEJ8YP.png

I wasn't happy back then either but I was definitely wanting Gerrard to stay. I thought we would do well in Europe and take the league to the last day this season so I'm over the moon things have turned out even better than my hopes B-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back