Domestic season over in February

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danger Zone

Just the tip...
Seriously, where do we go from here? How can any manager survive that? How can anyone say this is progress?

We’ve just been embarrassed, it’s not only unacceptable, it’s downright humiliating. We’ve got a naive coach who doesn’t learn from his mistakes and players who actually admit they can’t deal with the expectation in domestic competition. This can’t go on, we’ve seen enough and I’m fed up with the excuses, enough is enough.

Imagine playing that absolute shite in their midden 3 times and not winning once. Absolutely embarrassing.

Gerrard is extremely lucky he’s done what he has in Europe because he’d be run out of town otherwise. Disgraceful.

Totally agree - that was the most chronic rangers performance of any “stable” Rangers team for 30 years!

You either bring in experience to support him or sack him. Gerrard has got a lot right but critically when it matters, Europe aside he has not got his Team to perform.

He's not learning in Cup games.

It's the same game over and over...and we're failing to win them.

Hearts did to us what we did to Braga. Minging

Seriously where’s all the lads who had a go at me the other night? Come on in and tell me about the progress, I could really use your persuasion more than ever now, but I feel like I’ve just watched a team of losers pass up our last chance at domestic silverware because they didn’t want it as much as that dreadful Hearts side.

You either bring in experience to support him or sack him. Gerrard has got a lot right but critically when it matters, Europe aside he has not got his Team to perform.

He’s got plenty of experience around him, we are employing 750 of his handpicked back room staff for this very reason.

He doesn’t have it.

Good luck asking for Gerrard’s head on here. I did it after St Johnstone and was asked to ‘spare us such keech’. Funnily, that quote is how I and imagine many others are feeling right now towards Gerrard and the team. Still, can imagine Admin will be handing a few bans out again tonight to anyone asking for him to go.

Bullied outplayed and bossed all over park wtf is going on im speechless were do we go from here.

We do not have any players that can dig and get us out of a fight.

Trying to outplay Hearts is pointless, fight them first and then let your good players play.

To do the same thing three times knowing it does not work is ludicrous.

In case the post I made in another thread has disappeared along with the thread, my view is this.

It’s unacceptable. He’s a manager who has learned very little from his mistakes in the domestic game since he took over. Now the mistakes are coming thick and fast. We might scrape through one more round in the EL but that’s not enough for me thanks. I want trophies. The Gerrard experiment has failed. I’m out.

I think it’s difficult to justify him staying beyond the end of the season. It’s the utter refusal to change his system that is more frustrating than anything. Going to Tynecastle again and playing that system again is absolutely crazy.

Domestically we’ve fallen off a cliff, because our tactics and formation have been exposed and they make us rely on Morelos, Tavernier and Barisic far too much. There has been no attempt to change things up at all.

Good luck asking for Gerrard’s head on here. I did it after St Johnstone and was asked to ‘spare us such keech’. Funnily, that quote is how I and imagine many others are feeling right now towards Gerrard and the team. Still, can imagine Admin will be handing a few bans out again tonight to anyone asking for him to go.

I’m not even calling for his head, I’m just asking where we can go from here? I was prepared to give him more time but how on Earth can we accept that? We just threw in the towel to an utterly putrid Hearts team. It’s absolutey embarrassing and Celtic are getting another piss easy domestic season.

Canny understand why he didnt play 442 and go man for man in the middle of the park. Last 2 games were crying out for it and so was this in the end. Another Warburton that won't start a game with an alternative formation. CHANGE THE FORNATIIN FROM THE START STEVIE IF U ARE READING THIS FS

No, the season is over in Feb.. spare me the ‘we’re in Europe’ line.
We’ve handed them another treble.

if his name wasn’t Steven Gerrard then every single fan would be calling for his head.

reality check

Seriously, where do we go from here? How can any manager survive that? How can anyone say this is progress?

We’ve just been embarrassed, it’s not only unacceptable, it’s downright humiliating. We’ve got a naive coach who doesn’t learn from his mistakes and players who actually admit they can’t deal with the expectation in domestic competition. This can’t go on, we’ve seen enough and I’m fed up with the excuses, enough is enough.
I just knew that you would be the first guy on here to start a post that Gerrard should go.
We get it...you don't like him but it appears to be turning into an obsession for you.

I’m not even calling for his head, I’m just asking where we can go from here? I was prepared to give him more time but how on Earth can we accept that? We just threw in the towel to an utterly putrid Hearts team. It’s absolutey embarrassing and Celtic are getting another piss easy domestic season.
Sorry mate, was a general point to the thread. Others in the thread have.

Gerrard is a failure domestically.

He's done for me.

He'll be quite happy because his European exploits will be enough that someone will take a punt on him, but you are absolutely right.

Neither him nor the players seem to give a fck about our bread and butter here in Scotland, almost like bothering their arse to play domestically is beneath them. The contrast between effort in Europe and in Scotland is too vast for anyone to seriously deny it.

Dont worry we will win a few games towards the end of the season when the pressure and tension is off.

I just knew that you would be the first guy on here to start a post that Gerrard should go.
We get it...you don't like him but it appears to be turning into an obsession for you.

Did you really? So you weren’t surprised that I wasn’t bowled over and farting rainbows after another humiliating cup exit? Well that’s great, thanks for the input. And you’re right, breaking their annual treble is an obsession, it’s a shame it doesn’t appear to be that way for the players and management, but I’m sure you’re fine with that.

Load of shite.

I think he really needs an experienced SPL coach in his staff.

Simply can't be wedded to one way of playing.

Docherty, McCrorrie and Murphy could have all made a difference, maybe even Polster.

But none of them have a game that fits our "philosophy".

Tonights watch was so frustrating can't believe our season is definitely over by February disgraceful.
He's been backed and failed the backing.
Europe is his only saviour but my god i'd rather win domestically.
Gerrard at this rate goes down as a pedo legend rather than ours.

Did you really? So you weren’t surprised that I wasn’t bowled over and farting rainbows after another humiliating cup exit? Well that’s great, thanks for the input. And you’re right, breaking their annual treble is an obsession, it’s a shame it doesn’t appear to be that way for the players and management, but I’m sure you’re fine with that.

Load of shite.

Tonight was a huge fucking shambles but geez peace with your pish.

I totally agree.

He should go now. Warburton was hounded for not learning anything in between successive defeats at Tynecastle, how is this different?

Seriously where’s all the lads who had a go at me the other night? Come on in and tell me about the progress, I could really use your persuasion more than ever now, but I feel like I’ve just watched a team of losers pass up our last chance at domestic silverware because they didn’t want it as much as that dreadful Hearts side.

You weren’t the only one who was getting it I said if we didn’t win the cup he should go.

These players were beaten before they even got on the park today ,

Hearts are total pish we should be wiping the floor with them, A good chance they will be relegated .

He should be relieved of his duties tomorrow I couldn’t give a shit how well he’s done in Europe and we have just handed them a quadruple treble.

He’s got plenty of experience around him, we are employing 750 of his handpicked back room staff for this very reason.

He doesn’t have it.
You might be correct. His back room staff don't have experience of what it takes to win in Scotland. This Team were very good on the run up to New year. Certainly something needs to change. The stark difference between pre and post New year makes it difficult to pin point what is wrong. We can't afford to continually rebuild so our next move needs to be carefully considered.

Short term the only way the Gaffer is going is if he walks. We have really invested heavily in his vision both the playing/backroom staff and infrastructure changes I don't see board relieving him of his duties £££ but what evidence do we have he can change it, blind faith? I want him to succeed so badly but he keeps making the same mistakes domestically, alot of the personnel we have are not cut out for the rough and tumble of this quirky league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back