Domestic season over in February

Status
Not open for further replies.
Said it many times last year, yes it was a terrible collapse but Gerrard certainly deserved more time as it was blindingly obvious to me the progress made.

There’s no way anyone could have predicted just how well this season has gone but sacking him and starting again with another huge clear out most certainly wasn’t the answer.

I thought the OP was pan breed. Just realised he's back under a new guise.

Best laugh I've had in a while this thread B-)
I had no idea he was back with a different username! Usually means either they were perma banned for something or their old username was absolute mud for whatever reason.

I thought the OP was pan breed. Just realised he's back under a new guise.

Best laugh I've had in a while this thread B-)

Easy to spot in fairness. He outed himself when he continued to post his meme's and GIF's that he has a habit of doing when an argument isn't going his way.

As I said, not his worst comment. Calling Luis Suarez an average player after last years Champions League final was and still is a real stand out for me.

Correct there were plenty of folk calling for Gerrard to go last Feb. I wasn’t far off it myself. Anyone saying they saw this scale of turn around coming is talking out of there arse.
Absolutely nobody, not one person said it would become a reverse of this magnitude.

It’s not even the point.
Most had faith in him, quite a few had zero faith.
That is the point of the thread bump.

Anyone laughing at this scroll back your WhatsApp group chats to after the Hearts and Hamilton games last season end of February start of March

Mine was a difficult read
Is there a quick way to do that. Far, far too much content this season to scroll through without my battery dying :))

This thread has been bumped, which is fair enough but it was one of many at the time which shared a similar sentiment. I don't really recall there being an overall majority who were firmly backing the manager.

Yeah already admitted on this thread to being critical of the gaffer back then.

To put things in context this was not long after we were beaten by Hearts twice so the general tone of the threads back then wouldn’t have been great.
ok yeah, but what did it say before you edited?

Said I wouldn’t post on this again but going to give it one more just to say thanks for the well wishes, genuinely appreciate it and hope I can maybe claw my way out of my current situation soon with the vaccines being rolled out and some light at the end of the tunnel.

And again, I don’t want to fall out with anyone or anything and hope we can all have a good time celebrating together in the coming weeks. Of which during that time I’ll again offer an apology to the gaffer for doubting him and an even bigger one to the captain for the same reasons.
Didn't realise you were struggling.

Hope all is well.

ok yeah, but what did it say before you edited?

Being a 100% honest I had doubts about the gaffer back then I think a lot of bears did.

That Hearts Scottish cup game was terrible but he’s improved vastly this season and the signings have been brilliant.

It’s easy to have the benefit of hindsight but directly after that cup game were we lost to the worst team in the league very few were happy on here.

Being a 100% honest I had doubts about the gaffer back then I think a lot of bears did.

That Hearts Scottish cup game was terrible but he’s improved vastly this season and the signings have been brilliant.

It’s easy to have the benefit of hindsight but directly after that cup game were we lost to the worst team in the league very few were happy on here.
ok yeah, but what did it say bud? :):p

C'mon, don't be shy, hold your hands up and tell the whole class what you did.

You'll get more respect if you just own it and have a laugh.

ok yeah, but what did it say bud? :):p

C'mon, don't be shy, hold your hands up and tell the class what you did.

I honestly can’t remember it word for word but something along the lines of I didn’t think Gerrard would get it right.

To be far if you went back far enough you’d probably see threads being bumped critical of everyone at Rangers at some point.

I honestly can’t remember it word for word but something along the lines of I didn’t think Gerrard would get it right.

To be far if you went back far enough you’d probably see threads being bumped critical of everyone at Rangers at some point.
Yeah but at least some of them were right.

And the ones that were wrong about a future club legend would be funny to see.

Repeat after me "I got it wrong, my bad, may the followfollow lynch-mob show me the forgiveness that I deserve not"

Anyone laughing at this scroll back your WhatsApp group chats to after the Hearts and Hamilton games last season end of February start of March

Mine was a difficult read
I still backed him.

I would be smug but I do remember thinking he was too inexperienced when we were first linked and didn't want Gerrard. Also backed Pedro a bit longer than I should have.

Easy to spot in fairness. He outed himself when he continued to post his meme's and GIF's that he has a habit of doing when an argument isn't going his way.

As I said, not his worst comment. Calling Luis Suarez an average player after last years Champions League final was and still is a real stand out for me.
Thank %^*& it wasn’t just me that had reservations about this op or his views. His constant questioning me of what I thought Rangers were about I found very strange. Best ignored to be fair

Thank %^*& it wasn’t just me that had reservations about this op or his views. His constant questioning me of what I thought Rangers were about I found very strange. Best ignored to be fair
Same, same reminded me of rick from the young ones.

Maybe just a coincidence but no fans in stadium so no DZ posts about how disgusting and bigoted we are re songs, chants or add ons....

Oh and sellick are pish.

Seriously, where do we go from here? How can any manager survive that? How can anyone say this is progress?

We’ve just been embarrassed, it’s not only unacceptable, it’s downright humiliating. We’ve got a naive coach who doesn’t learn from his mistakes and players who actually admit they can’t deal with the expectation in domestic competition. This can’t go on, we’ve seen enough and I’m fed up with the excuses, enough is enough.
LOL.

This post makes a lot of sense when you see all the other crap he posts.

We were all hurting after the Hearts debacle. I wanted SG to stay as I couldn’t come up with an alternative. Seemed to me we had to give him more time. The European results, in hindsight, was where some of us could see the optimism. And now? He’s managed to transfer European success domestically in the League. Ferguson took 4 years at Man U and established a dynasty. I want the same for us. I can imagine us continuing to dominate at home, but I have a strong suspicion SG might take us to European glory. It will take a few years.
Glad I saw this Stanley its as close as you can get to my thoughts on the sensibility of the situation and circumstances of the time!

Mist blighted the bigger picture for those wanting SG gone down to the collapse after Dubai but many could see there was development, potential and signs of improvement albeit this could not be classed as success just another step in the right direction!

We fans are fickle sometimes but we could not go on changing managers at the drop of a hat constantly ripping up the book and starting over throwing good money down the drain and wasting time as we had been doing, that bad cycle had to change and with clear signs of potential and progress under SG time to build foundations was the way!

Sir Alex Ferguson is the ultimate example of given time needed to fill potential as a manager and it was what was needed here!

I understand why some thought with pessimistic views giving the roundabout one in one out restart cycle of hope then hopes dashed we just had some ups and so many downs becoming frustrated and impatient from where we were to where we wanted and used to be!

For me when I heard SG was coming I thought aw naw managing under 18's surely too big a leap but he won me over the day he arrived and presented himself!
He had this aura around him and way he spoke with enthusiasm, confidence and belief in himself to come here and to promise and deliver us back to where we should be!

We should remember we are still on that journey back even now until we reach destination 55! Only then can we really say we are back at the pinnacle of Scottish football where we belong and where every yard, every goal and every point has been hard fought for during the course of our revival!

What SG and others within our club have done from top to bottom has been nothing short of remarkable!

On the football front...

Destination 55 signals our arrival and official return to where we were before!

He came, he promised and he is about to deliver!

What would sacking Gerrard genuinely have done for us? An alright first year with clear progress from the 17/18 season. Second season although the January collapse was terrible we were extremely unlucky to go that season trophyless and who knows what could’ve happened if the league never got stopped.

Sacking him would’ve genuinely got us nowhere and they would be celebrating 10 most likely. I think I was one wanting him to be sacked at one point but I quickly calmed down and was willing to give him another season.
OP was always a bit of a cringe merchant and I called him out in many a thread but the cowardice of FF astounds me.

You have a 2 page OP with most disagreeing and a few agreeing with him and now?

7 pages of hindsight heroes ready to give it the old "I told you so, but only after it happened"

The thread is an embarrassment for the OP and everyone who waited until Feb 2021 to get tore into him.

Glad I saw this Stanley its as close as you can get to my thoughts on the sensibility of the situation and circumstances of the time!

Mist blighted the bigger picture for those wanting SG gone down to the collapse after Dubai but many could see there was development, potential and signs of improvement albeit this could not be classed as success just another step in the right direction!

We fans are fickle sometimes but we could not go on changing managers at the drop of a hat constantly ripping up the book and starting over throwing good money down the drain and wasting time as we had been doing, that bad cycle had to change and with clear signs of potential and progress under SG time to build foundations was the way!

Sir Alex Ferguson is the ultimate example of given time needed to fill potential as a manager and it was what was needed here!

I understand why some thought with pessimistic views giving the roundabout one in one out restart cycle of hope then hopes dashed we just had some ups and so many downs becoming frustrated and impatient from where we were to where we wanted and used to be!

For me when I heard SG was coming I thought aw naw managing under 18's surely too big a leap but he won me over the day he arrived and presented himself!
He had this aura around him and way he spoke with enthusiasm, confidence and belief in himself to come here and to promise and deliver us back to where we should be!

We should remember we are still on that journey back even now until we reach destination 55! Only then can we really say we are back at the pinnacle of Scottish football where we belong and where every yard, every goal and every point has been hard fought for during the course of our revival!

What SG and others within our club have done from top to bottom has been nothing short of remarkable!

On the football front...

Destination 55 signals our arrival and official return to where we were before!

He came, he promised and he is about to deliver!
Good post.

I am pretty sure I would have done my usual in February 2020 and taken a holiday from FF. I hate seeing that wailing and gnashing that goes on when things are going 'very badly' and that includes a 0-0 at Livingston when we had won all our other matches.

2020 could be for Gerrard and Rangers what 1990 was for Sir Alex and Man Utd.

Hopefully we now have the foundations of infrastructure to pull Scottish football out the dark ages with us at the forefront.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back