Dominic Ball urges Michael Beale to make Lee Wallace Rangers coach

No decent team wanted Lee Wallace? The same Lee Wallace who at 31 and past his best went on to play in the championship and captain QPR? The same Lee Wallace who had bids made for him when we were playing League one football?
He moved to QPR as they pay very low wages, the lowest aloof the time in the championship. The hard on for Wallace is funny.

I have been saying the same for a while. Never mind Stevie G, Mick B or Gio and Vos, our set pieces are mince since Tom left, we can’t score from corners or defend any set piece around our box!
Yeah and hopefully bring back a man on the post. So simple yet gio never seemed to see it. Also zonal marking nonsense

I loved big Jig but he was never finding another club who would have paid him the money we were. He went down just to see out the rest of his career with ease on a tidy sum.

Wallace did make the sacrifice as he would have easily made more elsewhere.
Made more elsewhere with whom, he was a championship player IMO? He would have been on decent money as our captain.

He would not I expect be the head coach more of assistant coach . As such not a bad choice. As far as I am aware he has done his badges and has shown an interest in coaching from an early stage in his playing career.

Can’t say i am adverse to this idea, he could be the link in the dressing room to the manger much like Mcallister was with SG
He’s been in coaching for years so not a novice. Understandably this is a big step up to this level could be an interesting appointment IF it was to happen imho.

Walked where? He was never getting a club paying half his wages never mind the same. You seem to have a real hard on for a very expensive bang average sick note.
What were we paying him at the time that Nots Forrest or West Ham (for example) couldn’t pay him? I respect a good Rangers captain who stuck with the club and sacrificed his international career and the chance to play at a much higher level. I also find it weird that you don’t.

We've read the thread. You have given no justification as to why he deserves a coaching roll. Being an ex player should not come into it.
That’s my reason. You won’t get a different answer asking the same fûcking question over and over again.

What were we paying him at the time that Nots Forrest or West Ham (for example) couldn’t pay him? I respect a good Rangers captain who stuck with the club and sacrificed his international career and the chance to play at a much higher level. I also find it weird that you don’t.
Haha must be at the wind up nobody believes this rubbish any more.

Do you 'just get it' though? That seems to be the main requirement for many.
Aye, I'm the new Master of Staunchious Couching. Fck yer tactics and motivational skills, I'm just going full John Knox on the lazy, sinful cnts.

Rangers FC are European finalists and Champions League participants.

This fucking board should remember that before making a “gamble”. Which Beale is. And Wallace is,

can but this out here do you think that the new manager is not want to come because of the agm in case davie king takes over and he will have is own man

Who would you advise then ?? Scottish , knows Scottish game , knows what he’s talking about , ex player……….souness ??
i'm not advising we take on any ex player.

if they are a great cosch, brilliant, bring them on board, but i don't see much evidence of this.

Does McCann really have the credentials? I know he’s a very likeable commentator but his record in management is far from impressive.
Not talking management, I would like to see him involved in some capacity in the background….knows the Scottish game , especially as Beale if it’s him doesn’t really have the credentials either

Walked where? He was never getting a club paying half his wages never mind the same. You seem to have a real hard on for a very expensive bang average sick note.

You sure you're a Rangers supporter?

Wallace would have walked into most Championship sides down south, and maybe some lower EPL ones. The guy was a credit to himself and the club in our journey thru the lower leagues, and he most definitely sacrificed some money and his international career by staying put. His career was latterly derailed thru injury, unfortunately.

A few posters on here give the impression they hate every player that pulled on the jersey.
Weirdos.

It's bizarre you think it's bizarre wanting ex players. , who know the club and probably most of the players , back as coaches.
aye it’s bizarre a sane person isn’t wanting Lee Wallace or Kevin Thomson who’ve done %^*& all coaching wise

Not talking management, I would like to see him involved in some capacity in the background….knows the Scottish game , especially as Beale if it’s him doesn’t really have the credentials either
How does Beale not know the Scottish game, he had 3 seasons working here?

From Scottish clubs results in Europe over the last 10 years (apart from us), I don’t think it’s remotely necessary for any new manager or coach to “know the Scottish game”. Almost every side the rest of the SPL has faced in Europe has coped with them easily, and I’m sure none of their managers or coaches have any particular knowledge of the game in this country.

I also think we need to be setting our sights much higher than “he played for us and has his coaching badges”.

What we need is a manager and coaching staff who have a distinct style of play, who can modify this when situations require, who can drill these requirements into the players, who have a good track record in signing the right players at the right price to facilitate this, who have good tactical awareness and who can win trophies.

And they need to have demonstrated all of this elsewhere.

A tall order, but much more likely to bring success than “he was a good player for us” which is totally irrelevant when deciding if someone can coach or manage.

You sure you're a Rangers supporter?

Wallace would have walked into most Championship sides down south, and maybe some lower EPL ones. The guy was a credit to himself and the club in our journey thru the lower leagues, and he most definitely sacrificed some money and his international career by staying put. His career was latterly derailed thru injury, unfortunately.

A few posters on here give the impression they hate every player that pulled on the jersey.
Weirdos.
Wired to the moon.

Back