Dominic (never scores) Solanke

We were never in with a shout signing him, thankfully. Don't think a player so over hyped has failed so miserably. Without question the worst expensive signing ever.

One prominent poster claimed he was signing at the time and it was quite funny how it predictably never materialised despite it being a cert to happen apparently.

I can't stand Sutton but he was a very good striker before going to Chelsea. Think he was the leagues top scorer at Norwich and he won a Premier League with Blackburn as part of one of the best strike partnerships the league had ever had (SAS)

Chelsea was a disaster but it was a one off.
yes he was, i actually liked at blackburno_O but everything that came afterwards up till now makes him an insufferable c**t, so it's always good to remind folk of his chelsea flop:))

I knew this thread would be somewhere after his goal

What a dud.

His goal was woeful.

The FF fanboys will be on to tell me different.

Bournemouth paid £20 million for this dud and he's yet to score for them - currently sitting at a grim looking 1 goal in 56 premier league appearances for Liverpool & Bournemouth combined. For a striker that is absolutely embarrassing.

And to think many on here were desperate for him to sign for us. Is this one of the worst goalscoring feats in premier league history?
He's scored 2 tonight

He's obviously had his issues but if we can get him cheap and bring his confidence up tenfold then it be worth a gamble

Heard the commentator after second, "the day Solanke arrived in the premier league"

%^*& me, first should have been saved and second against 10 men with the game over. Only took him the full season to arrive.

Pleased for the lad. Some of the comments about him in this thread by neanderthals who have no doubt achieved zilch in life are disgusting. Hopefully now he's got the monkey off his back he can show a bit more of the ability he obviously has and go on to make a decent career for himself in the EPL.

Last edited:
If he can get the goals to keep them up in the next 3 games, then suddenly £20m is an absolute bargain! The mental money of English football and the $$$$

No doubt he'll be a millionaire by now.
Guys like him show all that's wrong with modern day football.
Throwing money at youngsters who then think they've made it, when, in reality they've achieved nothing of note in the game.

No one rated Sebo. People liked him because he tried his heart out, but we pretty much unanimously agreed he was shite and Austria Vienna took the piss out of Martin Bain in a deal that ought to classed as robbery

Heart and effort go a long way. It wasn't his fault we spent so much money on him. That day he scored the last minute winner against Aberdeen was unreal.

Could have had Morelos for that.
wIGWvKa.gif

Back