Dominic (never scores) Solanke

The Gon

Bournemouth paid £20 million for this dud and he's yet to score for them - currently sitting at a grim looking 1 goal in 56 premier league appearances for Liverpool & Bournemouth combined. For a striker that is absolutely embarrassing.

And to think many on here were desperate for him to sign for us. Is this one of the worst goalscoring feats in premier league history?

tbf, he probably would have been excellent up here, just look at bankrupt sutton's record at chelsea, might be hard to find mention of it in scottish press right enough as they seem to have deleted it :rolleyes: :p

Always remember the threads on here of people saying he’d be the best striker in the country if he signed for us
Would have a better record than Dembele, would end up getting us a record fee etc

A diddy of a player

Solanke is the prime example of your average stereotypical young English footballer.

Overhyped, overrated, judged on his youth record and gets a big money move and gets found out.

It was clear as day when he wasn't capable of making any impact in a side like Liverpool that he just wasn't very good, wanted nothing to do with him when he was linked for a loan move. A big lad who was able to use that to his advantage in youth football but when having to make the step up couldn't do it.

He’s terrible. Overrated massively because he was miles bigger and stronger than everyone else at youth level, so managed to score a load. Now he’s playing with other’s his size he‘s being found out
This is the problem at youth level, physical strong and fast players who've developed early dominate. Most people are still developing physically well into their 20s .

There will be people still in mourning on here that we didn't get him.

Grown men actually counting goals in under 15s games adding that to his overall goals tally ffs :D

It is ridiculously bad stats but it is some drop off from his youth days has he just lost the ability to finish or does he not get many chances to score?

God I’d love to be able to dig out the old Solanke thread where’s 95% of the forum were soaking at the prospect of having him here.

Including you...

Loaning Solanke would have me reaching for so many hankies

Last edited:
I never saw it in him myself.

But Rangers fans weren't the only ones who had a vocal lot crying for him -- I recall a lot of NUFC fans down here who were desperate for him to sign when Rafa was looking to bring him in on loan.

He's one of those players who promised so much but will probably never really deliver.
I wonder if he might be better suited to a club abroad ?
That's happened before as we ourselves know ...

tbf, he probably would have been excellent up here, just look at bankrupt sutton's record at chelsea, might be hard to find mention of it in scottish press right enough as they seem to have deleted it :rolleyes: :p
The scumbag sutton had a first class record at Norwich, Blackburn and the mentally challengeds. A ridiculous comparison.

Always loads of smug hindsight analysts in threads about him. Majority on here reckoned he would've been a top signing based on him showing alot of promise, me included.

Yes his scoring record is dreadful and his transfer cost makes it worse, however he is also playing for side who have long since chucked it, most of which don't want to be there, and is still young enough to improve.

He's clearly no longer a player struggling for form rather he's just not a good player at all. It just be comforting knowing you're up against him as there's not even any danger he might fluke a goal

Including you...

Loaning Solanke would have me reaching for so many hankies

To be fair I never said I didn’t. I also thought Sandaza would be free scoring for us, and Ian Black would add some quality to our midfield, we all get them wrong, sometimes spectacularly so :D

It’s just funny how adamant everyone was he’d be a great signing given he can’t score in a barrel of fannies now. It really is a perfect example of how shining at youth level should be no indicator of how a player will do when they make the step up. Meanwhile Vardy didn’t get near the top leagues until his late 20’s and has now got 100 Premier League goals.

The scumbag sutton had a first class record at Norwich, Blackburn and the mentally challengeds. A ridiculous comparison.
maybe so but doesnt hurt to remind folk of his chelsea era, does it :rolleyes:

why any Rangers fan would blow smoke up mentally challenged arse is beyond me:rolleyes:

God I’d love to be able to dig out the old Solanke thread where’s 95% of the forum were soaking at the prospect of having him here.

I am not saying Solanke is any good or that he was worth anywhere near 20m but the difference between our league and the premier league is absolutely massive and can't be compared.
We have guys in our league that have scored 20 goals in a season and cant even get a start in the championship.

Back