Don’t be angry/sad that it’s over.

Jose Calypso

Official Ticketer
Be happy that it happened.

What a run we had.

What memories we have forever.

We fell at the very last hurdle.

We’re all hurting and angry. The scatter gun is out and everyone is getting it.

Savour the moments we had getting to this point.

I’m logging off now as I can’t be arsed with the anger.

Take care and be proud of what we done.

I cried for the 2nd time in my adult life tonight . I am immensely proud of that team for getting to the final.
But that lot were there for the taking. That's a fucking sore one op. And will take me a few weeks to get over this.

For me the memories of getting there are just about gone.

All those epic performances ? I don't think I can watch them now, knowing how it all ended.

Time will heal I suppose.

The prize was enormous, and I don't mean the automatic CL place; it would have been brilliant if these players and this club had won this. There isn't really much of a consolation for losing a final; it hurts.

What a run we had.

Best post on here tonight.

The prize was enormous, and I don't mean the automatic CL place; it would have been brilliant if these players and this club had won this. There isn't really much of a consolation for losing a final; it hurts.
We lost on pens - both teams could have won it. Very even contest.

What a run we had.

I actually think that's a good OP.

I know this is how it should work, but I do feel like there’s been a death. I know that may sound like an overreaction or even insensitive, particularly with those going through non football traumas.
Time’s the only real healer they say?
Hopefully Saturday sticks a plaster over things and no doubt the good times will roll with a summer of transfer activity

For me the memories of getting there are just about gone.

All those epic performances ? I don't think I can watch them now, knowing how it all ended.

Time will heal I suppose.
I know what you mean I’ve never rewatched the Zenit final BUT how many times have you watched the pens in Florence, the Whittaker solo run in Lisbon, the incredible McGregor save in Bremen?
There will be a time when we watch back on those nights against Dortmund, Red Star, Braga and RBL with delight and goosebumps

What a run we had.

Exactly this, some of the best football I’ve seen live, best atmospheres I ever experienced and some of the best memories ever made.

Not sure anyone is angry. Just absolutely gutted. Feel like bursting into tears tbh

But that's football. We've had plenty of amazing highs over the years, and low points like this will make the next high even better

I’m just not angry one bit.

At least with that you can get it out your system.

I can’t shake the overwhelming deflation and disappointment it’s completely threw me to a level I’ve never experienced from a single result

We blew a golden opportunity that occurs once in a generation if you are lucky.

Doesn’t take anything away from the amazing run to get there but last night was an enormous disappointment.

The sorest thing about last night is knowing these opportunities don’t come round every year or two like the domestic cup finals might do. Getting to a major European cup final against a team who sit many places below teams we’ve beaten already and losing, makes it even worse.

A lot to be proud of from the fans and the players, but we are a club built on winning trophies and so I’m bitterly disappointed we haven’t won the thing.

Back