Don’t you wish we could start the season over again ?

Blue Tack

Can’t help but think if we started the season with the squad we now have we would be as good as top or near enough .

Pointless thinking about it but it’ll be interesting to see what a “second half” of the season points wise looks like .

Futile I know but indulge me .

This squad, without Pedro would have been interesting. Still not convinced it’s enough to win the league though

This squad, without Pedro would have been interesting. Still not convinced it’s enough to win the league though

Maybe not enough to win the league this year, but I just hope that we can put some pressure on that lot. We have seen already from just a couple of bad results for them that they are not going to handle pressure well.

with the injuries they have just picked up i am hoping they lose/draw a few of games (at least) before we play them again. *IF* we could get the gap to ~6 points before they come to Ibrox next then we have a great chance to really put some pressure on. Although the chances of us being that close are limited.

The first half of the season will be very frustrating due to the silly points dropped. I guess it's been a learning curve for our board and we appear to now be going down a new direction under Allen/Murty which we are all happier and more confident with.

Maybe not enough to win the league this year, but I just hope that we can put some pressure on that lot. We have seen already from just a couple of bad results for them that they are not going to handle pressure well.

with the injuries they have just picked up i am hoping they lose/draw a few of games (at least) before we play them again. *IF* we could get the gap to ~6 points before they come to Ibrox next then we have a great chance to really put some pressure on. Although the chances of us being that close are limited.
Funny though it may sound I think Gordon missing the Old Firm game could be a key factor, I know goalies tend to take care of themselves and each one is as good as the other but Gordon tends to make important saves against us, like the last match and he had a similar save against Morelos at Ibrox.

Last edited:
Yes it’s all pointless as you can’t change the past but you also can’t help but wonder. I still don’t think our squad is as good as theirs but we are a good deal closer than what we were.

The whole Pedro appointment was a huge mistake from the board but it happens. We now appear to be on the right track, only time will tell if that is the case or if it’s another false dawn.

Yes. We'll look at this as the season we really could have put in a league title challenge.

It's hard to put into words just how much Pedro fucked up. He left us in 4th place with 1 league home win I think. And a £8million spent...woooof. Already clear that £5million of that we probably won't see back. Even an under-20s coach has shown him up.

Hugely frustrating that this happened in the season where the poets have pissed points away all over the place.

Funny though it may sound I think Gordon missing the Old Firm game could be a key factor, I know goalies tend to take care of themselves and each one is as good as the other but Gordon tends to make important saves against us, like the last match and he had a similar save against Morelos at Ibrox.
Aye both of which were straight at him. Morelos should have scored X2

Think most of us are thinking the same thing, IF ONLY !
Cant see the mhanks dropping 11 points so i think we could pump them at Ibrox and target the scottish cup.
Next season should be game on !!

Back