Don Robertson Referee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angrybluebear

Official Ticketer
Apparently and "allegedly" the bold Don was caught on video giving it big licks to the rebel songs on a lads holiday to Magaluf a number of years ago. According to one of the guys he played amateur with, incidentally as a ringer, whilst going through his refereeing courses.

There has been a lot of coverage recently linking him as a St Mirren player however the truth is he stopped playing when he was 17 and played amateur as a goal keeper.

Whilst he was growing up and attending St Ninians in Giffnock he made no secret of how bitter he was as a Celtic fan. This continued during his time playing amateur, whilst all along he is happy to keep up the pretence he has an affinity with St Mirren as he played with them.

Definitely one for the watch list.

Apparently and "allegedly" the bold Don was caught on video giving it big licks to the rebel songs on a lads holiday to Magaluf a number of years ago. According to one of the guys he played amateur with, incidentally as a ringer, whilst going through his refereeing courses.

There has been a lot of coverage recently linking him as a St Mirren player however the truth is he stopped playing when he was 17 and played amateur as a goal keeper.

Whilst he was growing up and attending St Ninians in Giffnock he made no secret of how bitter he was as a Celtic fan. This continued during his time playing amateur, whilst all along he is happy to keep up the pretence he has an affinity with St Mirren as he played with them.

This alleged video needs resurfaced.

To be honest I couldn't care less what team the guy supports. Are we really naive enough to think most refs, particularly Glasgow based, don't support us or them? One of the ones I dread seeing on our games is/was a well known rangers fan (Steven McLean) and the one I pray for on old firm games is/was a Celtic fan (Willie collum).

I just care if this guy can be professional and do his job right. I've never heard the name crop up as having a nightmare with us so we'll see.

I can guarantee he an absolute rabid Celtic fan. As are his family. He went to St Ninians in Giffnock although I’m sure his day job is down south now.

To be honest I couldn't care less what team the guy supports. Are we really naive enough to think most refs, particularly Glasgow based, don't support us or them? One of the ones I dread seeing on our games is/was a well known rangers fan (Steven McLean) and the one I pray for on old firm games is/was a Celtic fan (Willie collum).

I just care if this guy can be professional and do his job right. I've never heard the name crop up as having a nightmare with us so we'll see.

Yip. Hated Dougall (Rangers fan) for an Old Firm and liked Kenny Clark (Celtic) until at least , his last season when he obviously decided 'Feck it'.

2uho7j4.jpg

He is one of they refs that try fly under the radar. No big decisions really given either way, but meantime chip chip away, breaks up and disrupts play and although doesn't dictate play can dictate momentum. Give the odd soft booking to get inside a players head.

A quick look over the past few seasons it looks like he has been in charge of us when we have lost twice out of three last season to St Johnstone & Killie, previously drew games against Hamilton, Morton, St Mirren.

We have only won 6 out of the 13 league games he has been in charge of.

As I said trying to fly under the radar.

Aye, he probably went tae st mirins primary in Kings Park before st ninians at Eastwood toll.

It’s doesnt matter we’ve had refs who support us or them doing it before.

The difference there was their ability to be impartial.

With the likes of this guy, if he’s a fan of belting out rebel tunes, it’s clear that he can’t be trusted to ref a Rangers game as he hates everything about us, our culture and the simple fact we exist.

It’s a scandal he’s been appointed to this game

Should track down this video.

He is one of they refs that try fly under the radar. No big decisions really given either way, but meantime chip chip away, breaks up and disrupts play and although doesn't dictate play can dictate momentum. Give the odd soft booking to get inside a players head.

A quick look over the past few seasons it looks like he has been in charge of us when we have lost twice out of three last season to St Johnstone & Killie, previously drew games against Hamilton, Morton, St Mirren.

We have only won 6 out of the 13 league games he has been in charge of.

As I said trying to fly under the radar.

I see where your coming from but correlation is not causation. As I said I don't think I remember thinking he caused anything major in our games. I don't care about a few niggly freekicks. Those shouldn't disrupt us from beating the likes of Hamilton at home. Stuff like Sunday with 2 red cards going against us unfairly resulting in us being a man down rather than up is what costs points. We have to be careful not to blame poor performances on refs otherwise we come across as paranoid to the wider UK audience we have because of SG.

With the likes of this guy, if he’s a fan of belting out rebel tunes, it’s clear that he can’t be trusted to ref a Rangers game as he hates everything about us, our culture and the simple fact we exist.

Mate I partake in a sashbash or two and I am sure I could be trusted to call it down the line if reffing us or them. Again, let's see how he does on Sunday.

That's WHY he has been appointed to this game.

I see where your coming from but correlation is not causation. As I said I don't think I remember thinking he caused anything major in our games. I don't care about a few niggly freekicks. Those shouldn't disrupt us from beating the likes of Hamilton at home. Stuff like Sunday with 2 red cards going against us unfairly resulting in us being a man down rather than up is what costs points. We have to be careful not to blame poor performances on refs otherwise we come across as paranoid to the wider UK audience we have because of SG.

Once again another game ruined by a p!ss poor referee.

mentally challengeds will hound referees.

We don't.

Everyone know this. "Ours" overcompensate and "theirs" DGAF

Free kick here and there I disagreed with but it was a stonewall red card mate. Actually feel sorry for mccrorie because the chancd came from a horrendous touch in midfield from Jamie Murphy.

Free kick here and there ? It was almost every other decision.

I have not commented on the sending off as I’ve not seen it again, but there was no hesitation no consultation with the Assistant who was up with play as to was anyone covering. If that is up the other end we are not getting that decision.

Even when we went down to ten men he still managed to spoil the rest of the game.

I have not commented on the sending off as I’ve not seen it again, but there was no hesitation no consultation with the Assistant who was up with play as to was anyone covering. If that is up the other end we are not getting that decision.

Even when we went down to ten men he still managed to spoil the rest of the game.

Everyone gets too caught up in the atmosphere at games. As I said a couple freekicks I disagreed with but for the most part no real issues. The red was a straight Red, he was up with play himself so no need to consult the lino, it was clear as day. Only one id like to see again was the challenge by McGinn on coulibaly. That was the lino on the main stand's call.

Well for a start it was definitely a red card, no question but you're correct in your opening sentence.
All the "debateable" decisions went their way which when added up can certainly start to have an influence on a game.
As has been mentioned earlier his modus operandi is to fly under the radar and chip chip chip.
In a perverse sort of way I prefer the refs that are openly bias against us rather than the sleakit ones!
He's definitely one for the watching in future!

Free kick here and there I disagreed with but it was a stonewall red card mate. Actually feel sorry for mccrorie because the chancd came from a horrendous touch in midfield from Jamie Murphy.
McCrorie has an awful lot to learn. Dived in like an amateur.

Everyone gets too caught up in the atmosphere at games. As I said a couple freekicks I disagreed with but for the most part no real issues. The red was a straight Red, he was up with play himself so no need to consult the lino, it was clear as day. Only one id like to see again was the challenge by McGinn on coulibaly. That was the lino on the main stand's call.
Were you un-sighted when Niko took a dig to the ribs?. The SJ side assistant referee saw it clearly from 12 yards & did nothing. Curious...

It sounds very like the ref is a rabid bastard

Forget the McCrorie straight red

Ref ignored numerous fouls by St Mirren players that could have been bookings and McGinn (captain) was lucky to stay on after that kick on Coulibaly

An ex St Mirren player should not be officiating against his old club

He wasn't biased towards us today. He's just the usual really poor trained SFA ref that struggled to do the job put down in front of him.

It sounds very like the ref is a rabid bastard

Forget the McCrorie straight red

Ref ignored numerous fouls by St Mirren players that could have been bookings and McGinn (captain) was lucky to stay on after that kick on Coulibaly

An ex St Mirren player should not be officiating for his old club

Had to be changed mate.

Were you un-sighted when Niko took a dig to the ribs?. The SJ side assistant referee saw it clearly from 12 yards & did nothing. Curious...

I sit in the copeland front near the front so it's fair to assume I was insighted yes :p:D.

Do you have a clip or replay of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back