Don Robertson Referee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently and "allegedly" the bold Don was caught on video giving it big licks to the rebel songs on a lads holiday to Magaluf a number of years ago. According to one of the guys he played amateur with, incidentally as a ringer, whilst going through his refereeing courses.

There has been a lot of coverage recently linking him as a St Mirren player however the truth is he stopped playing when he was 17 and played amateur as a goal keeper.

Whilst he was growing up and attending St Ninians in Giffnock he made no secret of how bitter he was as a Celtic fan. This continued during his time playing amateur, whilst all along he is happy to keep up the pretence he has an affinity with St Mirren as he played with them.

Definitely one for the watch list.

If true, the club needs to have him binned.

If true.

Didn't think he did anything to cheat us today, McCorie made a pigs ear diving in like a madman and deserved red just for the lunge.
As it's been said he's just a poor ref like all the rest of the SFA refs.
He made some poor decisions against them also. Just trueley pish poor!!

I can just about switch on this lap-top. What was your take on Niko's injury?

Again, I sit in the front few rows of copeland front. Considering it happened on the by line at the broomloan it would require superman like eyesight to see it.

At the time we saw him go down but had no idea what happened. Soortscene didn't show it so still don't have a clue.

It was a red but he failed to book their players on 4 or 5 occasions when it was clear cut which enabled them to keep kicking lumps out of our players. Overall he was very poor

my deputy went to school with him. says a decent guy and yes supports them but not and never was a Rhabid.
BTW,red was 100% correct and imo he is deffo not the worst up here by a long. McLean who is one of us has caused me more anger: Sheep pen at Shittodrie in May for example.

Didn't think he did anything to cheat us today, McCorie made a pigs ear diving in like a madman and deserved red just for the lunge.
As it's been said he's just a poor ref like all the rest of the SFA refs.
He made some poor decisions against them also. Just trueley pish poor!!
He’s just incompetent like the rest of them. McGinn should have been off for that volley on Coulibaly.

Certainly refereed like a yahoo today.

Why does every spfl ref have a "similar" background... No wonder we don't get any decisions.

That needs to change. Get on the refereeing courses bears lol

Lets be honest, regardless of his connection to St Boo he's still mid-table in the Premier League of Shite Refs when compared to Beaton, Madden and Thompson!!

Here's us auld yins thinking we had it bad, back in the 60's,and 70's,when Airdrie painter and decorator Bobby Davidson, refereed many a game between Rangers and The Diamonds.

Apparently went to St Ninians.
gPpeGoD.jpg

Yip. Hated Dougall (Rangers fan) for an Old Firm and liked Kenny Clark (Celtic) until at least , his last season when he obviously decided 'Feck it'.

Kenny Clark’s a St Mirren supporter.

As for Robertson, Tim or not, he was alright yesterday, not great, but alright.

Free kick here and there I disagreed with but it was a stonewall red card mate. Actually feel sorry for mccrorie because the chancd came from a horrendous touch in midfield from Jamie Murphy.
Agree on the murphy touch that led to McCrorie red, but overall that was a horrendous display of bias from the ref.
Constant fouling from their players without as much as a word in the ear.

I no longer have confidence in Scottish referees . Bring in foreign officials and at least then you will know mistakes are honest.
Sick of it.
Do we start the next game with ten men?

Another poor refereeing performance. The red we can’t have too many arguments silly challenge by Mcrorie but honestly some of the decisions where a farce. The linesman at the main stand side couldn’t keep up with play he was an ablaoute mile behind. Where I sit impossible to see the Katic one but the linesman that side should surely see it.

Agree on the murphy touch that led to McCrorie red, but overall that was a horrendous display of bias from the ref.
Constant fouling from their players without as much as a word in the ear.

There's 2 threads on this so I'm not sure if I've commented on this or the other one but the ref missed a blatant yellow card for barisic which would have been his second. He was inconsistent for both teams.

I've saw the video of the coulibaly challenge again and I think it should be red as I did at the time. Lino error for me though rather than ref.

I no longer have confidence in Scottish referees . Bring in foreign officials and at least then you will know mistakes are honest.
Sick of it.
Do we start the next game with ten men?

We've now had 5 european ties, and overall, no complaints.

We've had 2 league games, and we could create a dossier of bad decisions from those two alone.

Regardless of the theories of bias/non-bias, the base standard of officiating in our game is utterly dreadful.

To be honest I couldn't care less what team the guy supports. Are we really naive enough to think most refs, particularly Glasgow based, don't support us or them? One of the ones I dread seeing on our games is/was a well known rangers fan (Steven McLean) and the one I pray for on old firm games is/was a Celtic fan (Willie collum).

I just care if this guy can be professional and do his job right. I've never heard the name crop up as having a nightmare with us so we'll see.

Ffs how many times does this timmy propoganda get trotted out by Rangers fans? It's nonsense and based solely on the fact his brother played for us. Well his brother also shared a flat with Chris Burke during his time with us. Was Burke also a Rangers fan? Let me think....

The McLean family are Kilmarnock fans, the brothers were brought up Killie fans, their dad played for Kilmarnock.

Don't propogate shite timmy propoganda as all it does is increase the chances of him going out his way to prove them wrong...

Ffs how many times does this timmy propoganda get trotted out by Rangers fans? It's nonsense and based solely on the fact his brother played for us. Well his brother also shared a flat with Chris Burke during his time with us. Was Burke also a Rangers fan? Let me think....

The McLean family are Kilmarnock fans, the brothers were brought up Killie fans, their dad played for Kilmarnock.

Don't propogate shite timmy propoganda as all it does is increase the chances of him going out his way to prove them wrong...

He is a rangers fan, that is complete bull what you've said. There are several grade 1 refs quite well known to be rangers fans including another high profile one.

I can guarantee he an absolute rabid Celtic fan. As are his family. He went to St Ninians in Giffnock although I’m sure his day job is down south now.

Correct everything you've said, is spot on. His whistle must get caught up in his Rosarys at times.

It was a definite red. We can’t have any complaints about that surely?

at the game i thought we have cover but seeing one replay i can see its a red

rest of the game he was horrendous tho
allowed their thuggery and diving and punished us at every opportunity

Certainly refereed like a yahoo today.

Why does every spfl ref have a "similar" background... No wonder we don't get any decisions.

That needs to change. Get on the refereeing courses bears lol

The Japanese means for it to continue.

He runs Scottish fitbaw and sfa members are shit scared tae confront him on anything.

I just said on the match thread as well. Rangers need to attack the SFA over their referees. I do mean absolutely smash them beyond all doubt. They are allowing the referees to basically carry on as though they don't have to play a fair game when it comes to us. Referees know they can make shit decisions and they'll be backed back all other fans when it's against us. The SFA will back them and so will the compliant media. Perhaps Rangers should just wait until the end of the season and tell them to sort it out or we'll go legal with it.

Apparently and "allegedly" the bold Don was caught on video giving it big licks to the rebel songs on a lads holiday to Magaluf a number of years ago. According to one of the guys he played amateur with, incidentally as a ringer, whilst going through his refereeing courses.

There has been a lot of coverage recently linking him as a St Mirren player however the truth is he stopped playing when he was 17 and played amateur as a goal keeper.

Whilst he was growing up and attending St Ninians in Giffnock he made no secret of how bitter he was as a Celtic fan. This continued during his time playing amateur, whilst all along he is happy to keep up the pretence he has an affinity with St Mirren as he played with them.

He definitely has the map of a certain Country written all over his face . :oops:

Holy moly this ref is the same standard as the other referees in Scotland .... Terrible
Usual bullet points ticked
  • No Consistency. tick
  • Not giving actual fouls. tick
  • Hasn't got a clue in general. Tick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back