Donald Findlay KC

He said he does it to make sure the police make a water tight case to keep them inside if found guilty. Plus everyone is entitled to a defence remember.
Yes but it was said he was just doing his job with CW, a real Rangers man would have said no, no matter how much money was being offered.

Point being, when you are as good a QC as Findlay, you can be more selective of your “horrible bastards””

Was in Wilson St Pantry having some breakfast on Monday morning and he was in there, clearly ready for a day in court. Hadn’t seen anything or read anything about about him in years!

What’s everyone’s thoughts on him in terms of his involvement in Rangers/ football? I remember him getting hammered for some ‘alleged fruity sing songs’ while on the board but also didn’t he say something about the old Rangers being a different club in his role as Cowdenbeath Chairman?

Gaz

He was gutted having to Give It Up

I dont think he could defend Duncan Ferguson as he was at the match and therefore a witness.
It was more about not getting involved with the SFA when they decided to throw the book at him despite the fact he had a court case pending,you would have thought due to that the SFA would have had to await the result of that as you would have thought it wouldn't have been right yet it went ahead seemingly unchallenged

Last edited:
A very shy and misunderstood man is DF.

He is a life 100 years after the time he should be living and should have been around in late Victorian times. He is very uncomfortable in social circles and how he evolved the way he is is a mystery.

He was a very good councel in his prime.Edited to.say Paul Daniels couldn’t have saved Duncan Ferguson from the clink after the crown caved to media pressure to prosecute him. Head butting someone before 50,000 witnesses and a television audience makes a successful defence very difficult. Hated Big Dunc for it as he could have been a massive player for Rangers had he screwed the nut. Only thing in his defence was his abusive treatment by Jim McLean must have been very hard for a young guy to deal with.

Not having that at all, after the incident when has a player been anywhere near a court for an on field headbutt?

Then the SFA made sure not to ban him while he was away so he couldnt serve his football ban at same time.

Yes but it was said he was just doing his job with CW, a real Rangers man would have said no, no matter how much money was being offered.

Point being, when you are as good a QC as Findlay, you can be more selective of your “horrible bastards””
I actually take another view.

He used the Whyte trial to nail David Murray to the wall with his ridiculous claim he was duped. Findlay proved this was utter shite and Murray kept in contact with Whyte long after he knew what he was up to.

Any QC would have got Whyte off, but it was personal between David Murray and Donald Findlay

He lives/lived not far from me and I met him a few years ago, queueing at the Royal Mail sorting office when we were picking up parcels.

We chatted for a few minutes mainly moaning about Royal Mail.

I found him amusing in the 90s, and appreciate he’s an intellectual bloke. But we all know many of our own stabbed the club in the back in 2012 - fleeing the sinking ship to save face.

F**k him.

It makes me laugh that as a self proclaimed atheist, he is accused of being anti Catholic, is that not a contradiction in terms?

It makes me laugh that as a self proclaimed atheist, he is accused of being anti Catholic, is that not a contradiction in terms?

Of course you can be an atheist and anti catholic,
I'd describe myself as agnostic / atheist and I detest them for running the World's largest paedo ring (maybe 2nd largest after the filth) :)

I've met Findlay when he was at Rsngers. A self serving pompous twat.

A very shy and misunderstood man is DF.

He is a life 100 years after the time he should be living and should have been around in late Victorian times. He is very uncomfortable in social circles and how he evolved the way he is is a mystery.

He was a very good councel in his prime.Edited to.say Paul Daniels couldn’t have saved Duncan Ferguson from the clink after the crown caved to media pressure to prosecute him. Head butting someone before 50,000 witnesses and a television audience makes a successful defence very difficult. Hated Big Dunc for it as he could have been a massive player for Rangers had he screwed the nut. Only thing in his defence was his abusive treatment by Jim McLean must have been very hard for a young guy to deal with.

Some take on big Dunc's non existent headbutt. That was a disgraceful witch hunt, and it's to Rangers shame that they never defended young Dunc to the hilt.
Gaol for that was a fukin farce!

I actually take another view.

He used the Whyte trial to nail David Murray to the wall with his ridiculous claim he was duped. Findlay proved this was utter shite and Murray kept in contact with Whyte long after he knew what he was up to.

Any QC would have got Whyte off, but it was personal between David Murray and Donald Findlay

I think we would all have preferred Whyte to be jailed rather than Findlay taking the chance to hog the limelight and settle a grudge with Murray.

As said earlier in the thread, he should have excused himself from the trial.

Not having that at all, after the incident when has a player been anywhere near a court for an on field headbutt?

Yeah, but how many other players were already on probation after three previous assault convictions

Findlay did do a plea in mitigation for the third one after he joine dus

He also commented on an excellent letter submitted from the club's

vice chairman, Mr Donald Finlay, QC, which talked of the player being

regarded as an ambassador for the club and his country.

Last edited:
I think we would all have preferred Whyte to be jailed rather than Findlay taking the chance to hog the limelight and settle a grudge with Murray.

As said earlier in the thread, he should have excused himself from the trial.
Of course we would all have preferred this, but the prosecution case was so weak any QC in the land would have got Whyte off.

He was getting off no matter what, at least this way David Murray’s role was exposed and he was proven to be the utter bullshitter he was

Of course we would all have preferred this, but the prosecution case was so weak any QC in the land would have got Whyte off.

He was getting off no matter what, at least this way David Murray’s role was exposed and he was proven to be the utter bullshitter he was

I don't think it was weak at all. The prosecution clearly drew the link between Whyte's deception regarding Ticketus and his deception over the source of his funds which amounted to "financial assistance" in breach of the Companies Act. The jury failed to join the dots. I wouldn't mistake Findlay's grandstanding in court as doing anything other than making David Murray temporarily annoyed.

Back