Donald Findlay makes plea to save Cowdenbeath F.C.

colin stein 9

Former Rangers vice-chairman, now chairman of Cowdenbeath FC, Donald Findlay made a public plea to save the Fife club at a meeting in the town on Thursday evening [ 22 March ].

With the self-styled Blue Brazil in danger of dropping into the Lowland League at the end of the season, or even going out of business if cash is not raised, Mr Findlay told a meeting of board and supporters in a local public house that the club was at crisis point but fighting on.

“The purpose of this meeting is not to confirm the demise of Cowdenbeath FC, and I can also say that the rumours some notable people have contributed substantial sums of money are not true – if that was the case then we would not be here,” he said.

“Not very far from here was a house I lived in and when I was growing up there were stories that were told to me by my father.

“One was about mining and a sense of community. The other was about Central Park and the football club.

“Central Park is well named for a good reason because it sits right at the very heart of the town.

“We’re not going to let the club die but if we’re going to take it forward we need people to come forward.

“I have this foolish notion of the club and the community getting more involved together.

“If I was to say now “That’s it, I’m shutting the club, we’re not going to play the game on Saturday”, we would get people coming from every direction wanting to become involved in the club.

“So why not now?

“We need people who will commit to doing something for the club and stick at it, at least until the end of next season.”

Supporters were urged to back the Club 135 initiative, which is a plea to every fan or person with a link to Cowdenbeath to donate a minimum of £10.

Reaching out to at least 13,500 people globally would raise at least £135,000 to provide some security moving forward, and the meeting heard that £35,000 has been raised in eight months – with contributions coming from the likes of Vietnam, Canada and the USA.

Cowdenbeath FC were formed in 1881 and joined the Scottish League in 1905.

http://www.rocksportradio.co.uk/donald-findlay-makes-plea-save-cowdenbeath-fc/

I was on jury duty recently. He was 1 of the lawyers for scumbags on trial. I didnt get picked but that twat defending would question my impartiality :D

couldn't give a shit blue brazil seriously :rolleyes: its like the crap chick dung comes out with partick thistle the cuddly toy of Scottish football:rolleyes::rolleyes: %^*& them and there little clubs by by where were you when the scum and there acolytes were biting at our heals, no where :mad:

Last edited:
Ah I see what you mean but it's not that bad a place. I have to admit though that the last time I was in Kirkaldy it was bloody freezing, and that was in the summer!

W.A.T.P.

I've been to and travelled through a few towns in Fife in my time. A very strange place.

I suppose there is a place for the likes of Cowdenbeath but Findlay can piss off if he thinks any Bears will put their hands in their pockets after he took the job of defending Craig shyte

Back