Donald Findlay makes plea to save Cowdenbeath F.C.

Absolutely amazing piece of karma this. Findlay has behaved like a bitter rat since he parted Rangers. Made some awful new Club comments in the press "'new entity', and while representing Whyte really laid the boot in. He was quick to point the finger at Murray, Murray and King in Court over financial mis-management, it appears he does not practice what he preaches eh?

Following the cancellation of Stock Car racing at their Ground they are in financial turmoil under Donald's watch, they need £128K to plug the gap in the finances and community have managed a total of £28K. The Club is now reliant on soft loans from its Board.

Put that in you pipe I look forward to 'new entity' Cowdenbeath.

You would think he knew enough people he'd obliged in the past for the place to be awash with finance.

F.uck him and his club.

Scottish football needs a clearout of diddy clubs. Too many clubs. Hopefully more go to the wall and some sort of long overdue restructure takes place.

Women's netball games in England get bigger crowds than these f.ucking chancers.

Rationalise, merge - or die. That should be the message to the tiny clubs.

I'm not a great fan of Findlay but if you read all of his interview you should see that he was talking about us in an emotional sense e.g. his old pals not being at the club (at that stage).

As for the Whyte trial he was doing his job.

Cowdenbeath unfortunate collateral damage but anything to get it up Findlay after this should be welcomed

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...new-entity-establish-s-history-tradition.html

"'To me this is a new Rangers which has to establish its own history and tradition"

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2816759/Donald-Findlay-says-Rangers-new-entity-establish-s-history-tradition.html#ixzz5DUNAEYmB
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I can’t stand Findlay but I just don’t like wishing a little club like that ill hopefully he is moved on and they recover.

For the record I wouldn’t lose sleep if they went to the wall.

I'm not a great fan of Findlay but if you read all of his interview you should see that he was talking about us in an emotional sense e.g. his old pals not being at the club (at that stage).

To me it appears that it is mainly Tim's that like to blacken ex Rangers men by misquoting and exaggerating everything they've ever said.

They especial love to shoot their duff if there's ever a new club reference.

They pump semen out like a fire hose if those two words are uttered together.... try it on one, say ....new club..... and watch its eyes roll back in to their sockets shrouded by their monobrow as they shudder in to a state of protruding sexual fervour.

Ingrates.

Dearie me, know your enemies mate, why does your explanation come in context to the "must make their own history" comment. The man ran to Spiers at the Herald, gave him this as an exclusive " rangers and there fans lorded it over Scottish football way to much".

My sympathy for other Scottish clubs has gone,if they go out of business tough
bill-hader-this.gif

Findlay's general conduct since our troubles has been scandalous, for a supposed dyed in the wool bear to say the things he said is beyond the pale.
Was he a dyed in the wool Bear?

Getting onto the Rangers Board to enjoy the huge profile it provides a person in public life doesn't make them a dyed in the wool Bear ........anymore than Murray ever was one by owning the club.

I don't care what people say, a dyed in the wool Bear who spent his life engaged with the club, understands the most fundamental aspect of Rangers Football Club and its identity.

That .....the very heartbeat of the club is the support.
A support that transcends the generations, one that provides a direct connection to the days of the formation of the club by four boys, a spiritual thread through the decades passed like a family heirloom from parent to child to a grandchild and on and on in sacred trust.
The support are the club and in the case of Rangers that support has a very distinctive culture and community spirit which marks them out in British society and provides an instant recognition among the faithful.
We know who we are, we know what the club is and we understand that it is us.

I know a dyed in the wool Bear when I meet one, and Findlay doesn't pass muster.

Was he a dyed in the wool Bear?

Getting onto the Rangers Board to enjoy the huge profile it provides a person in public life doesn't make them a dyed in the wool Bear ........anymore than Murray ever was one by owning the club.

I don't care what people say, a dyed in the wool Bear who spent his life engaged with the club, understands the most fundamental aspect of Rangers Football Club and its identity.

That .....the very heartbeat of the club is the support.
A support that transcends the generations, that provides a direct connection to the days of the formation of the club by four boys, a spiritual thread through the decades passed like a family heirloom from parent to child to a grandchild and on and on in sacred trust.
The support are the club and in the case of Rangers that support has a very distinctive culture and community spirit which marks them out in British society and provides an instant recognition among the faithful.
We know who we are, we know what the club is and we understand that it is us.

I know a dyed in the wool Bear when I meet one, and Findlay doesn't pass muster.

I always thought Findlay was a Murrayite. Became a Rangers fan in the late 1980's and then stopped when he was kicked out of the club by Murray. It was a social thing for him. No real passion. Same with his supposed Unionism - completely silent during the independence referendum. A man of no courage or principle.

To me it appears that it is mainly Tim's that like to blacken ex Rangers men by misquoting and exaggerating everything they've ever said.

They especial love to shoot their duff if there's ever a new club reference.

They pump semen out like a fire hose if those two words are uttered together.... try it on one, say ....new club..... and watch its eyes roll back in to their sockets shrouded by their monobrow as they shudder in to a state of protruding sexual fervour.

Ingrates.

:D

I always thought Findlay was a Murrayite. Became a Rangers fan in the late 1980's and then stopped when he was kicked out of the club by Murray. It was a social thing for him. No real passion. Same with his supposed Unionism - completely silent during the independence referendum. A man of no courage or principle.
I think you have pinned the tail on the donkey.

F.uck him and his club.

Scottish football needs a clearout of diddy clubs. Too many clubs. Hopefully more go to the wall and some sort of long overdue restructure takes place.

Women's netball games in England get bigger crowds than these f.ucking chancers.

100 percent agree. For a country with only 5 million people there's way too many teams. Teams merge, increased revenue from number of fans increasing and the standard of football will go up

100 percent agree. For a country with only 5 million people there's way too many teams. Teams merge, increased revenue from number of fans increasing and the standard of football will go up

For all that I don't care about Cowdenbeath, I suspect Cowdenbeath fans would not gravitate up the league if their team disappeared. They may go into the junior ranks but they would not swell the coffers of the senior game, I think.

I told him to feck off out of the Regent for being a Patsy

Findlay should get his wee buddy Craig Whyte to donate some of the money he stole from us to Cowdungbeath.

There are too many clubs in Scotland. Whilst I feel sorry for the fans, that’s the economic reality of it. Even us dropping down the leagues hasn’t alleviated the hand to mouth existence of some of these clubs.

My sympathy for other Scottish clubs has gone,if they go out of business tough
Exactly , since 2012 , as far as i'm concerned ..
"If they are going to die , then they had better do it and decrease the surplus population !"

F.uck him and his club.

Anybody who watched match of the day and then sportscene last night will see we're nearly all diddy clubs in comparison we need more football in this country not less or it'll be us next with the lack of grass roots talent coming through.

I don't particularly have any hatred for Findlay in the whole Craig Whyte trial affair. I don't doubt there was a bit of putting the boot into Murray in representing Whyte, but the whole premise of the trial was that Whyte duped Murray. What Findlay proved conclusively was that Murray knew what was going on all along with Whyte and acted at the behest of Lloyds bank, whose behaviour was shameful.

Absolutely amazing piece of karma this. Findlay has behaved like a bitter rat since he parted Rangers. Made some awful new Club comments in the press "'new entity', and while representing Whyte really laid the boot in. He was quick to point the finger at Murray, Murray and King in Court over financial mis-management, it appears he does not practice what he preaches eh?

Following the cancellation of Stock Car racing at their Ground they are in financial turmoil under Donald's watch, they need £128K to plug the gap in the finances and community have managed a total of £28K. The Club is now reliant on soft loans from its Board.

Put that in you pipe I look forward to 'new entity' Cowdenbeath.

This is a bit hateful is it not mate?
Just because one person makes highly misjudged comments you want an entire team to be killed off?
Cowdenbeath has a lot of good bears in it with a stake in their local team as well as following us

Cowdenbeath have been in bother for years. It was stock cars that was keeping them going.

I've watched plenty of football at all levels of Scottish football over the last 30yrs. Lots of decent people that follow & work (for nothing) at clubs like Cowdenbeath. Not everybody is a tim/Gers hater.

Anybody who watched match of the day and then sportscene last night will see we're nearly all diddy clubs in comparison we need more football in this country not less or it'll be us next with the lack of grass roots talent coming through.
There are, what 40 clubs in Scotland in the league set up ?

You could get rid of 10-15 of them tomorrow and they wouldn't be missed. A country our size does not need 40 odd clubs.

We need to get to quality over quantity.

Cowdenbeath unfortunate collateral damage but anything to get it up Findlay after this should be welcomed

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...new-entity-establish-s-history-tradition.html

"'To me this is a new Rangers which has to establish its own history and tradition"

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2816759/Donald-Findlay-says-Rangers-new-entity-establish-s-history-tradition.html#ixzz5DUNAEYmB
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
A lawyer who doesn't understand basic company law. Fek him.

It’s a shame to see a cancer like Findlay put the nail in the coffin to a semi pro team that’s really held no malice towards anyone in its 137 years

Horrible man , daily record did us a favour IMO, someone who makes a living defending the dregs of society and does not give a shit about the ordinary decent folks he destroys in court to get his clients off should not be associated with out club.

Former Rangers vice-chairman, now chairman of Cowdenbeath FC, Donald Findlay made a public plea to save the Fife club at a meeting in the town on Thursday evening [ 22 March ].

With the self-styled Blue Brazil in danger of dropping into the Lowland League at the end of the season, or even going out of business if cash is not raised, Mr Findlay told a meeting of board and supporters in a local public house that the club was at crisis point but fighting on.

“The purpose of this meeting is not to confirm the demise of Cowdenbeath FC, and I can also say that the rumours some notable people have contributed substantial sums of money are not true – if that was the case then we would not be here,” he said.

“Not very far from here was a house I lived in and when I was growing up there were stories that were told to me by my father.

“One was about mining and a sense of community. The other was about Central Park and the football club.

“Central Park is well named for a good reason because it sits right at the very heart of the town.

“We’re not going to let the club die but if we’re going to take it forward we need people to come forward.

“I have this foolish notion of the club and the community getting more involved together.

“If I was to say now “That’s it, I’m shutting the club, we’re not going to play the game on Saturday”, we would get people coming from every direction wanting to become involved in the club.

“So why not now?

“We need people who will commit to doing something for the club and stick at it, at least until the end of next season.”

Supporters were urged to back the Club 135 initiative, which is a plea to every fan or person with a link to Cowdenbeath to donate a minimum of £10.

Reaching out to at least 13,500 people globally would raise at least £135,000 to provide some security moving forward, and the meeting heard that £35,000 has been raised in eight months – with contributions coming from the likes of Vietnam, Canada and the USA.

Cowdenbeath FC were formed in 1881 and joined the Scottish League in 1905.

http://www.rocksportradio.co.uk/donald-findlay-makes-plea-save-cowdenbeath-fc/

You let your Club die, you let your club die, Donald Findlay you let your Club die.

For all that I don't care about Cowdenbeath, I suspect Cowdenbeath fans would not gravitate up the league if their team disappeared. They may go into the junior ranks but they would not swell the coffers of the senior game, I think.
Spot on what the clubs do in the league one and two has no baring at all on the top league.what people tend to forget for young kids like I was living in a small town that’s a good distance from Ibrox as an example,going to watch the local team is usually your first taste of going to a game.

There are, what 40 clubs in Scotland in the league set up ?

You could get rid of 10-15 of them tomorrow and they wouldn't be missed. A country our size does not need 40 odd clubs.

We need to get to quality over quantity.
The mess that is Scottish football was not created by the small clubs in this country who in many ways are run better than many clubs in the top two league in this country.the mess has been created by the so called big clubs who overspent

The mess that is Scottish football was not created by the small clubs in this country who in many ways are run better than many clubs in the top two league in this country.the mess has been created by the so called big clubs who overspent
Maybe so - but I maintain that there are far too many clubs in Scotland. Far too many.

From hammering Blyth Spartans 4-1 in a friendly 4 years ago to being relegated out of the Scottish league system. How the mighty have fallen.

Maybe so - but I maintain that there are far too many clubs in Scotland. Far too many.

You're right but, that's abit like saying, "there are far too many other things for kids to do these days instead of playing football. Far too many".

You can't stop the kids trying new things that are available and if the small clubs need a hand financially it should be there in some form you don't just drop them as it would then be us next and Scotland would disappear into a nuclear football winter...then we would need to move on and support one of the top 6 in the epl :)

You're right but, that's abit like saying, "there are far too many other things for kids to do these days instead of playing football. Far too many".

You can't stop the kids trying new things that are available and if the small clubs need a hand financially it should be there in some form you don't just drop them as it would then be us next and Scotland would disappear into a nuclear football winter...then we would need to move on and support one of the top 6 in the epl :)
:)

Just as off the top of my head examples, teams like East Stirling, Stirling Albion - join up and just be Stirling United or something like that.

East Fife should merge with someone else in Fife and so on.

That would lead to better clubs, being more professional in their ways and developing a higher standard of player. Because right now - and for decades - the standard of player is utterly dire.

Donald if it all goes tits up you could sell off for a £1 to your mate Whyte then when it goes even more tits up bring in Duff and Phelps to sell on to sports retail tycoon or a guy with big green hands. Then you will be able to make another killing defending them

Horrible man , daily record did us a favour IMO, someone who makes a living defending the dregs of society and does not give a shit about the ordinary decent folks he destroys in court to get his clients off should not be associated with out club.

Not in favour of the justice system then?

We may be at a crossroads in Scottish football in general. Folk think that the big 2 clubs can withstand anything and thats not right. The poets slumped to 15k a home game without us in the league and only champions league cash allowed no change to their finances.
Next year the format isn't so forgiving, so imagine no more champions league money ever for the top 2 in the SPL and the europa league haha the smaller clubs can't qualify as it is and the spiral begins...

We won't sell strips globally with loans and good young players esp. being out of the big club tournament group stages our good name will only carry us for so long.

All this goes for them too. Someone pointed out our league is only a heartbeat from becoming provincial recently i have to agree and culling off all the smaller clubs with, for what it is, a rich history is only the first step...imagine the EPL put forward we will invite you both to the Premiership but only as Glasgow United?

Money isn't everything.

Back