Donald Findlay says reconstruction 'self-seeking'

jaws73

Official Ticketer
Hearts' league reconstruction proposal is "self-seeking" and a "non-starter", says Cowdenbeath chair Donald Findlay.

The Tynecastle club want a 14-14-14 SPFL set-up for the next two seasons - a move that would spare them relegation from the Scottish Premiership.

But Cowdenbeath are one of four sides in the bottom two tiers who have told BBC Scotland they will vote against it.

Should two more join them - plus Forfar Athletic, Peterhead, and Elgin City - the new plan would fail in any ballot.

While not declare his club's position, Stenhousemuir chairman Iain McMenemy said on Wednesday the proposal was doomed to failure, while the move would also deny Cove Rangers promotion from the bottom tier.

Hearts must gain the support of 15 of the 20 clubs in the bottom two tiers, as well as 10 of the 12 Premiership sides and eight of their 10 Championship rivals.

Findlay says he would have more sympathy for the Edinburgh outfit - and chair Ann Budge - if they admitted the plan was about saving themselves.

"This is all about Hearts not preparing to accept relegation," he told BBC Scotland.

"There are not new proposals, they don't address anything new, and they have already been rejected."

Budge was the co-chair of a reconstruction group whose plans faltered earlier in May after top-flight clubs indicated they would not support them in a ballot.

And Findlay suspects that a series of individual divisional meetings next week will come to a similar conclusion.

"I am not opposed to having league reconstruction talks in the future, but it would have to involve a reorganisation of Scottish football, with a fairer financial model," he said. "That would lead to better competition and a better product."

The whole thing is a clusterfook.
The only clusterfuck there mate is Findlay. Clown saying Hearts don’t want to accept relegation. Well it’s maybe news to him but Hearts have not been relegated. They couldn’t be as they didn’t finish at the bottom of the league.
They are 100% correct not to accept it. Unfortunately at the moment our club look to have accepted Celtic were league winners even when it was just impossible.

If everyone accepts that there are champions then there must be relegated teams, so get over it budge unless prepared to go to court and get whole shitstorm voided.

The problem,and,it’s always been the problem is the tails wagging the dog.These teams have less supporters than a fair few junior teams in the west of Scotland.

Doing his best to endear himself to the rest of Scottish football since he was recorded singing The Sash. Must be horrible pretending to be someone you’re not wether that be when he was recoded or now.

The whole thing is a clusterfook.
It sure is, why do Hearts even think any club is going to entertain this after what has happened in Scottish football over the last few months.
Another level of sheer lunacy that actually embarrassing for Hearts and everyone else

Interesting to see how they try and force this through because at the moment it is not happening

5 - 4 - 3 - 2 -1 Breakaway league announced.

we all know why the leagues were merged in the first place
100% this it was merged because the tv deal when we were expelled would have been split into 2 different tv deals now they don't need them it will happen. This is probably what dundee were promised a 16 team full professional league

Hearts' league reconstruction proposal is "self-seeking" and a "non-starter", says Cowdenbeath chair Donald Findlay.

The Tynecastle club want a 14-14-14 SPFL set-up for the next two seasons - a move that would spare them relegation from the Scottish Premiership.

But Cowdenbeath are one of four sides in the bottom two tiers who have told BBC Scotland they will vote against it.

Should two more join them - plus Forfar Athletic, Peterhead, and Elgin City - the new plan would fail in any ballot.

While not declare his club's position, Stenhousemuir chairman Iain McMenemy said on Wednesday the proposal was doomed to failure, while the move would also deny Cove Rangers promotion from the bottom tier.

Hearts must gain the support of 15 of the 20 clubs in the bottom two tiers, as well as 10 of the 12 Premiership sides and eight of their 10 Championship rivals.

Findlay says he would have more sympathy for the Edinburgh outfit - and chair Ann Budge - if they admitted the plan was about saving themselves.

"This is all about Hearts not preparing to accept relegation," he told BBC Scotland.

"There are not new proposals, they don't address anything new, and they have already been rejected."

Budge was the co-chair of a reconstruction group whose plans faltered earlier in May after top-flight clubs indicated they would not support them in a ballot.

And Findlay suspects that a series of individual divisional meetings next week will come to a similar conclusion.

"I am not opposed to having league reconstruction talks in the future, but it would have to involve a reorganisation of Scottish football, with a fairer financial model," he said. "That would lead to better competition and a better product."
Donald Findlay is Out of order. He’s seeking the limelight end of

cowdenbeath ffs Cowdenbeath?

I dare one of you chairmen fuuuckers, i dare you. Call it truthfully. Just for once, please

" This is all to placate Celtic getting the title"

Pleeeeeeeeaaase

Bunch of fuucking cowards

Who gives a toss what this attention seeker thinks.
Its all about their own clubs survival ,and we have Cowdenbeath joining other heavyweights from Alloa ,Brechin and their ilk ,giving their tuppence worth.
I despair for football in this country.

Doing his best to endear himself to the rest of Scottish football since he was recorded singing The Sash. Must be horrible pretending to be someone you’re not wether that be when he was recoded or now.
I think he was pretending he was something he’s not when he was singing the sash tbh

To be fair, what budge is trying to do is embarrassing. Silly Moo.
boHshuj.jpg

A bel*end from a past era who should just F*ck Off. Full of his own self importance.

Yeah Donald it is, as was every single vote cast by every club in two separate votes since lockdown. That’s why the current FA are carrying on as normal after being outed as a bunch of scheming liars.

I don’t think it’s all about Hearts not wanting to accept relegation at all. I think it’s all about the SPFL staving off legal action.

What’s their end game? Is it to drag the farce of reconstruction on long enough until the threat of legal action peters out?

Or is this all just a way for Budge to save face? She can say she tried everything in her power but alas it failed.

You’ve got to love follow follow on these threads ! Yesterday it was fcuk Hearts , budge is a clown , this will fail now we’ve got the lower league teams saying no it’s like fcuk them , arseholes etc.
I know it’s Findlay but there are other teams saying no and Budge on Sky this afternoon trying to say if they say no the SPFL board should just do the change anyway

As I’ve said before, the fact that Scottish football is influenced by inconsequential diddy clubs who can barely get a few hundred to turn up to watch them is ridiculous. Radical restructuring is required to half the number of league teams (Or move to two leagues of 12 or 14) and make our game sustainable. No one with any sense would think that the chairman of f*ckin Cowdenbeath should have ANY say in how the game in Scotland is restructured. It’s a joke.

Back