Doncaster confirms rebate to be paid to Sky

The rebate is £1.5m. The clubs will make a lot more than that selling virtual season tickets.

I appreciate I'm not as smart as Doncaster but how is this any different to what we do now? We stream our matches live and sell virtual tickets via RTV.

Last edited:
Its ok Fartz secret investor and saviour going to make up the difference any other line of business the tin tack would have been deployed.

It won’t matter to the fans of the rest of the country. Seeing the big bad Rangers fans pissed off makes up for any shortfall in cash.
This is the sad truth, fans of other teams have so much hatred towards Rangers over the past years that it doesn’t actually bother them when they have been shafted as long as Rangers are pissed off. I have spoken to a number of Dundee, United and St Johnstone fans and they can’t see past what’s going on, they think it’s just Rangers against Scottish football.

I'm thinking the BBC article has worded it a certain way to make the few seem less. Surely it's £1.5 million every year over 5 years. Meaning a total of £7.5 million taken from clubs that shouldn't have been.
I also wonder what sky's "cut" of these live streams will be.
More to the point is which club gets the cash for the games? St Johnstone for example only holds 10,000 fans but, if streaming a game against us could easily get upwards of 50,000 bears wanting to stream it!

All clubs should be pushing for the scum to pay for it as they are the ones who will benefit from CL revenue for not winning a title.

I said this would be the case prior to the vote and our resolution being filed.

Said it many times on here in recent weeks but I think this is why it was absolutely wrong for Robertson to state that we were "strongly opposed to playing games behind closed doors".

We should have kept our powder dry in that regard, given it was never going to be finished in front of crowds we robbed ourselves of that economic argument as both the remaining options left N&V or ending season on PPG, would result in this penalty from Sky.

Rebate is 125k per club. They will only need to sell a thouand virtual ST at cheap prices to make that back.
1000 virtual season tickets to break even, assuming all of their normal actual season tickets are shifted too. That’s dreamland stuff for their chairmen, they’ll be lucky to shift a couple of thousand virtual ones with no real season tickets sold IMO. Especially with their home games against us & them on Sky subscribtion already.

The rebate is £1.5m. The clubs will make a lot more than that selling virtual season tickets.
The rebate is £1.5m, plus they have free league sponsorship for a year, so at a minimum it’s cost £3m. The clubs will make no more than ST money, unless they are able to sell individual games, and who would pay for Hamilton v StMirren?

The rebate is £1.5m, plus they have free league sponsorship for a year, so at a minimum it’s cost £3m. The clubs will make no more than ST money, unless they are able to sell individual games, and who would pay for Hamilton v StMirren?

No mention of league sponsorship there far as I could see

Surprised they don't just award Celtic the title for next season in the same statement. Would make sense you think?

They probably want their refs to earn their match fees, so will let them win the league for the mentally challengeds instead.

Pretty fair that the board and the refs get a turn each at doing it.

Rebate is 125k per club. They will only need to sell a thouand virtual ST at cheap prices to make that back.
Yes but it's £1.5m for the total rebate, split between 12 clubs. It's not £1.5m for each club.
Regardless of the financial shambles and obvious ineptness of this whole 'tainted title at any cost' scenario, your continued justification and defence of The spfl and Doncaster is damn near admirable in it's own weird way.

Not sure about that, as far as I know the SPFL will owe BT Sports a rebate too. Sky may have been willing to work with them given that they are now the exclusive provider of Scottish football but BT Sport surely won't be so easy to work with considering they're losing 'us' to their closest rivals.

I have sky tv and sports
3 season tickets
3 mygers memberships

I’m not paying a penny more for my football this year, especially if I’m financing other clubs.

am binning the sports package after the free holiday trip we are getting. I'm not evening watch it anyway. EPL games are getting broadcast on Prime and BBC, that will do me, plus Portugal, Denmark, Italy and Polish football on Freesport

Not sure about that, as far as I know the SPFL will owe BT Sports a rebate too. Sky may have been willing to work with them given that they are now the exclusive provider of Scottish football but BT Sport surely won't be so easy to work with considering they're losing 'us' to their closest rivals.

what is the deal again with cup competitions?

Back