Doncaster confirms rebate to be paid to Sky

Rebate is 125k per club. They will only need to sell a thouand virtual ST at cheap prices to make that back.

plenty clubs barely get a thousand through the gates on matchday, let alone logging in to watch a completely atmosphereless game

The rebate is £1.5m. The clubs will make a lot more than that selling virtual season tickets.
Your are doing what the SPFL did, and merging two things that shouldn’t.
The rebate is for last season. Virtual season tickets are for next.

If they hadn’t been in such a rush to prematurely end season then there wouldn’t need to be a rebate, and virtual season tickets could still have been sold For upcoming season.

This is the sad truth, fans of other teams have so much hatred towards Rangers over the past years that it doesn’t actually bother them when they have been shafted as long as Rangers are pissed off. I have spoken to a number of Dundee, United and St Johnstone fans and they can’t see past what’s going on, they think it’s just Rangers against Scottish football.
Take it they're Daily Record readers then if they believe the spin.

Also bungcaster slagged them off so they will go full tilt for every bean
Yeah, I can’t see BT being in a hurry to help Doncaster.

“I think we will see the Scottish game given the profile and coverage it deserves next year by Sky Sports.
“2009 was the last time we had an exclusive partner. Since then rights have been shared so it’s perhaps no surprise the broadcasters haven’t given it the love they show other leagues.
“I’m confident we will see a sea change in the approach with Sky taking up the reigns exclusively."

Our board have already in a previous statement claimed the 'status quo cannot remain'. We are all still waiting to see if they follow through with possible Court action, but it looks more unlikely as time passes.

We essentially declared war on the spfl by wanting certain members removed, and at present appear to be waving a white flag, i cannot understand why as yet we haven't shown more desire to take this further unless of course we were waiting for more lies to come out as evidence before we do so?

He’s an absolute shyster. His line about an ‘innovative and pragmatic solution’ is laughable. It’s the oldest solution in the book. Renegotiating terms with the supplier (to the detriment of the client) to allow money owed to be paid back over a longer period.

Rebate is 125k per club. They will only need to sell a thouand virtual ST at cheap prices to make that back.

Firstly, it intentionally wasn’t declared in order to swing a vote which is a lack of governance that would see a serious dent in anyone else’s career.

Secondly, why should fans pay for this to dig him out of a hole yet he continues in a 400k a year job?

Sky will shortly be named the league sponsor - for free!

The Ladbrokes deal was £2m per season so £10million over the course of Sky's 5 year deal would be the cost to the Scottish game. Worth keeping an eye on what happens with sponsorship of the SPFL now.

£300,000 per season for 5 seasons if the £1.5mil over 5 years is accurate.

Not exactly the £10million we were warned about.

If the new deal allows clubs to stream games not covered by Sky Sports then you're essentially looking at virtual season tickets for most SPFL top flight clubs. Will Sky start demanding Rangers and Celtic home games? If so then the virtual season ticket would be for a reduced number of home games as it could only cover the games Sky don't broadcast.

Thats going to be of far bigger concern to clubs. Scottish football is reliant on ticket income. How do Rangers make sure that we can bring in enough money through the sale of virtual season tickets? Are fans going to pay full price for a reduced number of home games, if Sky start to demand more Ibrox games for broadcast, and for a virtual season ticket rather than attending games in person?

£1.5m over 5 years isn't exactly armageddon stuff. not sure what the fuss is about to be honest, that cunt doncaster seems quite happy with himself over this in any case

£1.5 million rebate to Sky, £1.5 million potential income for sponsoring the League given away for free, £5 million rebate due to BT and potential court cases pending!
And 27 clubs happily voted for this omnishambles!
Fukk them all.

£300,000 per season for 5 seasons if the £1.5mil over 5 years is accurate.

Not exactly the £10million we were warned about.

That is the value of Ladbroke's sponsorship (£2m/year) over a five year period. I'd wait and see what happens with that before delivering a judgement on it. And there's BT yet.

Has Doncaster had the audacity to come out and actually speak about this on TV with reporters asking pertinent questions (I know I know) rather than hide behind a statement

Has Doncaster had the audacity to come out and actually speak about this on TV with reporters asking pertinent questions (I know I know) rather than hide behind a statement

Has this degenerate scumbag Doncaster EVER faced a press conference on anything ? It is absurd that he only issues press releases from his bunker. He answers only to Liewell.

Firstly, it intentionally wasn’t declared in order to swing a vote which is a lack of governance that would see a serious dent in anyone else’s career.

Secondly, why should fans pay for this to dig him out of a hole yet he continues in a 400k a year job?
It would be laughable but for the seriousness of the situation that this “deal” is being hailed by the usual puppets as great for Scottish football, as you say fans paying more money in order to dig a total snake oil salesman out of a hole.
We really have the dumbest football Chairmen and fans in the world who will no doubt sit back and except this farcical situation.

Every single one of those fućking games could’ve been played.

Every club has to pay money new so that the scum can get voted League winners prior to their Knew Balance deal ending.

As always the devil will be in the detail, but it strikes me that Sky will be cherry picking the live matches, as in all of our away games, so we'd need a Sky subscription. All they have stated is that we'll be allowed to stream home matches and charge for them. If Sky are providing the platform for this then you can be sure that they'll not be doing it for free. As ever the losers will be the fans.

Complete madness but can't say I'm surprised.

The intention was always to hand them the league no matter the cost or the consequences. It'll all be justified and covered up as usual though.

The mismanagement and corruption is there for all to see, just wish the rest of the clubs would wake up to it.

The rebate is £1.5m. The clubs will make a lot more than that selling virtual season tickets.
The rebate is £1.5m, the total cost will be close to £10m. As well as the rebate, Sky are getting the sponsorship rights, which is the extra £4m that Sky would have been due. That is revenue that is no longer available to the SPFL. I don't see why BT won't be coming for their full rebate.

The rebate is £1.5m, the total cost will be close to £10m. As well as the rebate, Sky are getting the sponsorship rights, which is the extra £4m that Sky would have been due. That is revenue that is no longer available to the SPFL. I don't see why BT won't be coming for their full rebate.

No mention of any sponsorship rights there.

Yes but it's £1.5m for the total rebate, split between 12 clubs. It's not £1.5m for each club.
X5 for each season isnt it? £7.5m
Some amount of money considering the lack of money in our game pre Covid. It's more the fact it didn't have to be paid

No mention of any sponsorship rights there.
And you believe that is not part of the deal? It will have been agreed not to mention it at this time. We will be watching the Sky Scottish Premiership when the season finally starts.

There are so many issues with this - the liability has not gone away. He has simply managed to reduce the Sky liability to a figure of £1.5m while opening the door to Sky to recover money elsewhere and there is still a £4m liability to BT.

In exchange for that reduced liability with Sky he has agreed that the clubs themselves can screen and sell direct to their own fans all the games that Sky don't cover. Most clubs do, in fact, record all their home games for training purposes but some probably not at a standard suitable for publishing/streaming. For clubs like Rangers who already have RTV covering home games for overseas viewers this should not be a problem. Other clubs may, however, actually need to arrange for someone such as Sky to provide coverage and the cost of that coverage may, in fact, be more than they are likely to recover in virtual season tickets.

Remember all Rangers away games are included in the Sky package of 48 games as are all the bheggars away games. So for us and the mhanky mhob the virtual season ticket would only relate to home games and would not include OF games.

The other thing that should not be forgotten is that the liability to Sky and BT whatever the figure is ultimately agreed at and however, whenever, it is agreed to be paid relates directly to season 2019/20 and that money should be deducted from the prize money paid this year. Essentially every club has at present been overpaid.

That liability, whenever it is realised, should be spread across the clubs based on the position they finished in season 2019/20 and not based on where they finish in any future season.

The bheggars, therefore, should be liable for 13.4% of any total clawback for this season based on their tainted 1st position for season 2019/20 and not a 9.6% share of that liability that their second place finish next year will attract.

I'm thinking the BBC article has worded it a certain way to make the few seem less. Surely it's £1.5 million every year over 5 years. Meaning a total of £7.5 million taken from clubs that shouldn't have been.
I also wonder what sky's "cut" of these live streams will be.
More to the point is which club gets the cash for the games? St Johnstone for example only holds 10,000 fans but, if streaming a game against us could easily get upwards of 50,000 bears wanting to stream it!
I couldn’t understand that part myself, is it 1.5 m over five years or 1.5 every year over five years!!!!

I'm thinking the BBC article has worded it a certain way to make the few seem less. Surely it's £1.5 million every year over 5 years. Meaning a total of £7.5 million taken from clubs that shouldn't have been.
I also wonder what sky's "cut" of these live streams will be.
More to the point is which club gets the cash for the games? St Johnstone for example only holds 10,000 fans but, if streaming a game against us could easily get upwards of 50,000 bears wanting to stream it!
All our away games will be on Sky as usual, so no streaming for the diddy clubs to cash in.
Our home games will now be streamed, maybe to ST holders only, maybe as pay per view.

I couldn’t understand that part myself, is it 1.5 m over five years or 1.5 every year over five years!!!!

The press reports are vague, but I'd be willing to bet that "BBC understands" is really "The SPFL have leaked to the BBC".

So probably £300k a year for 5 years, recovered from the improved TV deal that is due to start in the new season.

The short sightedness of the diddie clubs is astounding. Robbing Peter to pay Paul.
Their financial hardship in the coming year is all their own fault.
The standard of some teams in the spfl will be on par with the welsh league

Maladministration - Douglas Park was bang on the money. The Doncaster needs to be sacked and chased.

Back