Doncaster now warning of dire consequences of no reconstruction

This just sounds like Doncaster is terrified of Hearts etc taking the SPFL to court incase his secrets get out. Everything is always "Do it this way or financial meltdown".

He is lying. This is not the only way to get less games played in the lower levels. They could just have a vote to change the Championship etc to be only 18 games. There is no need to use that to force reconstruction through.

Doesn't matter what goes on, he always comes up with doom and gloom if no one votes the way they want people to vote. Next will be the Bet Fred Cup as there will be no sponsor for that next season.

So clubs who have already voted against reconstruction are now expected to vote for it three weeks later?

Uncle Pete better dust off his rousing speech.

he wont need a 'rousing speech', the scottish clubs will vote the way doncaster wants and if they dont it will be fudged/lost/re-vote or whatever to get the necessary

Tweaking things with a temporary fix will not save Scottish football. Radical and permanent restructuring is required.
  • Fewer teams in the league set up. 42 is already a ridiculous number in a country the size of Scotland, the idea that we may end up with more is laughable. For me, we should have 2 professional leagues of 14 max. Scottish Premier and Scottish Championship.
  • 2 up 2 down each year between the Premier and Championship. 1 automatic (bottom of Premier, top of Championship), 1 via a play off final (2nd bottom of premiership v 2nd in Championship).
  • 2 regional leagues below that (East and West). Play off between regional league winners for promotion into the Scottish Championship. Or both go up.
  • Ability for Premier clubs U21 teams to compete in the regional leagues but not valid for promotion, to assist with player development.
  • One unified and professionally run governing body to replace the SFA and SPFL. With a voting system that gives precedence to the Premier clubs ie those bringing most revenue into the Scottish game ie. Premier votes count x2, Championship votes count x1, Regional clubs count x0.5.
  • A TV deal that allows us to showcase the best of Scottish football (including home games at a packed Ibrox, not just away games with embarrassing empty stadiums). And not just with the usual suspects but looking at streaming options such as Amazon etc.
  • Change of law to allow the sensible reintroduction of alcohol into Scottish grounds to aid revenue into the game. By sensible I mean open for a limited amount of time before and after a match and at half time.
There’s much more that can be done I’m sure and while I’d rather see Rangers compete in a UK or European league set up, that still seems like a pipe dream. So Scottish football needs to emerge from this pandemic not with a slightly tweaked set up that protects the self interest and status quo of so many clubs, but with a radically different set up that protects the long term and sustainable future of the game in our country while focusing resources on fewer clubs to make the game more competitive.

How would this affect the TV deal? Surely the agreement is to show the SPFL in its current format.

We’ll end up playing everyone home and away and then having a split where everyone in the top/bottom 7 plays home and away. Anything to ensure four old firm games in a 14 team league.

The fact is there is very little cash in the Scottish game and many clubs are on the edge. Doncaster has been scrambling around from day one bending the rules to keep the game going which also saves his own skin. His recent antics certainly haven’t been forgotten so he can only act the bully and scare clubs into voting his way so many tines

They had since the 13th of March to enter into meaningful discussions on how to save the game in this country.

Instead they spent their time gerrymandering and ramming through the awarding of a tainted title* - all for the benefit of one club.

The vast majority of clubs were happy to go along with this for a measly few shekels.

F.uc.k each and every one of them.

A round of applause for the gentleman.

How would this affect the TV deal? Surely the agreement is to show the SPFL in its current format.

We’ll end up playing everyone home and away and then having a split where everyone in the top/bottom 7 plays home and away. Anything to ensure four old firm games in a 14 team league.
Listen out for a 'twist' in the TV deal. They will want to take advantage of Rangers and Celtic playing at home as the closed doors interest will be there . They will see £ signs there. They will somehow sell this as the only way to cover the shortfall from the last incomplete season and that Sky want to see reconstruction to retain the Edinburgh derby and to add a Dundee derby into the TV mix.

The fact is there is very little cash in the Scottish game and many clubs are on the edge. Doncaster has been scrambling around from day one bending the rules to keep the game going which also saves his own skin. His recent antics certainly haven’t been forgotten so he can only act the bully and scare clubs into voting his way so many tines
He has been scrambling round desperate to award Celtic the title. This is just the after birth now

Why does Doncaster threaten what must happen?

I thought - and I'm sure others have said it - the SPFL is there to work for the clubs and do what they want. Not tell them what must be done and the consequences of not doing so.

I thought the only way to save the game was to vote for the resolution handing celtic the title?
That was just the first priority.
After that, after everybody had complied, everything changed.
The next priority is to ensure those who were unhappy, were losing out, were battered into complying, were given unwritten promises that they’d be looked after, were taken care of.

So Rangers I believe would have received the Document from Hearts proposal and now what Donkeys plans are at the corrupt cabal. They better be ready to fight these kunts there making the rules up as they go along and no one is coming out challenging them.

He has been scrambling round desperate to award Celtic the title. This is just the after birth now
If many of the smaller teams didn’t receive cash recently they’d have went bust already. That would have been very much a thought at the time

What did Doncaster do before he came up here? Anyone any idea of his credentials?
He was Secretary of Norwich from 97 and promoted to head of operations and then chief executive in 2001. He was appointed as a director of the Football League in 2006 and then elected to the Football Association board in 2008 as one of two representatives from the Football League.

Stepped down following Norwich's relegation from the Championship in 2009 before pig eye secured his services to save Scottish football.

And what a fabulous job he has done.

It’s from Doncaster’s mouthpiece Keech, which means it doesn’t change the fact I still can’t see the incentive for Premiership teams to vote in favour.

Unless everyone decides the ‘greater good’ is all of a sudden the priority rather than rampant self interest as we have come to expect over the last 2 months.

I see the bullying, bribery, blackmail and coercion has started already (y'know, the stuff they said they didn't do).

How does any of it solve anything for anyone other than the clubs being relegated and the extra couple that will be promoted?

If anything, the Championship becomes even less appealling without Hearts.

That's not the proposal. The proposal is a 6/8 split. Do keep up.;):)

I see the bullying, bribery, blackmail and coercion has started already (y'know, the stuff they said they didn't do).
"Robust" discussions.
Now that everyone has bought that line he clearly sees no reason for the threats not to be even more blatant. After all - they're not really threats.

Surely all it does is save two teams - the two in the premiership who wouldn’t have been. Everyone else must still be fucked.

It’s from Doncaster’s mouthpiece Keech, which means it doesn’t change the fact I still can’t see the incentive for Premiership teams to vote in favour.

Unless everyone decides the ‘greater good’ is all of a sudden the priority rather than rampant self interest as we have come to expect over the last 2 months.
The deficit of £10m is all that needs thrown in front of the top flight teams to make them vote the way they want this to go.
If they can make that deficit disappear, the club's will vote through whatever makes that happen
That's gonna be sold as:
Reconstruction and giving Sky more games for TV..
(Rangers and Celtic closed door home games?

The same spin , will filter down the league's...
No money unless you vote this through.

A club that can't fulfil its fixtures in a 12-10-10-10 will not suddenly find itself able to fulfil fixtures in a 14-14-14.

The start point here should be to ask who is capable of fulfilling their fixtures next season. Form two leagues (or one!) from that number and tell the rest they are no longer part of the SPFL and should seek to join the Lowland/Highland League or the Juniors when they resume. They may be great wee community clubs with fans as passionate as us - but they do not need to be a part of senior professional football.

Last edited:
Jackson is now their main go to guy for spinning their narrative. Incessant lies from Doncaster and his cronies.

Don't click, don't buy.

Reconstruction done in a hurry to stop relegation will be a disaster. Both from a footballing point of view and a financial point of view.

Can someone explain what the difference is between 4 leagues and 3 when it comes to teams fulfilling fixtures? Does different league sizes open up pots of gold?

Feck all to do with reconstruction, if no crowds are allowed doesn’t matter the size of the effin league. The ‘dire consequences’ mentioned are to stop relegated teams take legal action. Seriously, how has that clown got away with it for so long?

6z0dOJG.gif

Wasn't Doncaster's own proposal the only way to avoid "dire consequences"? Since that was fraudulently passed, Dunfermline have release just about all of their reserve squad, Queen of the South have been left with 3 players and Hamilton are up shit creek.

Anyone who believes a word that comes out of this trumpet's mouth deserves all they get.

So the lower leagues say they can’t operate without fans attending games, not sure how forcing through reconstruction helps that,
I am thinking exactly this.

If a Championship club remains in the Championship, what does reconstruction give them?

Wasn't Doncaster's own proposal the only way to avoid "dire consequences"? Since that was fraudulently passed, Dunfermline have release just about all of their reserve squad, Queen of the South have been left with 3 players and Hamilton are up shit creek.

Anyone who believes a word that comes out of this trumpet's mouth deserves all they get.
I think that when he speaks of "dire consequences" he is speaking "dire ear".

The Rangers QUOTE="Souness86, post: 6138167, member: 936"]
The Rangers resolution allowed clubs access to the money they needed.

The SPFL chose to disregard that option
Yes it did offer that option to clubs. It did however leave a risk further down the line of greater liability to the sponsors or delaying the new tv deal. For clubs to survive I think they need both deals to be paying out and even then it might not be enough. Doncaster has always been in a hole here as clubs just ain’t built to survive a shock like this. Hopefully this will take his job and I will enjoy watching him scrambling around trying to make this all come good

No mention of reconstruction a few weeks ago but now we face ‘dire consequences’ if it doesn’t go through.

What Doncaster is worried about is the prospect of legal action from Hearts.

Reconstruction would not make any difference to the problems facing clubs in the lower tiers so ‘disciplinary action’ is really just a crude threat to vote his way.

Will Rangers do anything here.

Lockdown has been bad enough, having to witness this vile charade unfold has made it 3ben worse.

B great if they could let us know one way or another, maybe let H & H or 4Lads speak off the record on the club’s behalf.

I’m finding the whole shítshow beyond stressful.

I await more votes being lost , firewalls , bribery and spin to get another rigged decision pushed through . I hate the word clusterfuck but can’t think of anything else to use .

If reconstruction is only way to save Scottish football, why did it take a club to propose this?
Why didnt the SPFL propose this? They are the ones ruining, sorry running, the game.
If this saves Scottish football, what changes on 2 seasons for it to return to status quo?

Back