Doncaster now warning of dire consequences of no reconstruction

I could have this wrong but I think the spin they are putting on it is that by having reconstruction you can implement the reduced number of games they are talking about. Without reconstruction they are saying it's a standard 36 game season and they're threatening punishment if clubs could not play all these games.

Why the two are hand in hand and why the SPFL is once again threatening clubs to vote their way or else is what needs answered.

This is the crux. Why is the SPFL starting with threats? Why are they not saying - as in so many other cases - that these are extraordinary circumstances and we would never hurt our member teams, the teams we are here to represent???

With regards the FT / PT arguement, I don’t think it matters whether teams are FT or PT.
I remember when we played Malmo years ago, most of not all of their players were PT, or had other jobs. So long as you meet your contractual commitments to your club, why should a Doctor, Dentist, Civil Engineer or the like be barred from playing professional football if they’re good enough.

I sort of agree with your sentiment, MB, but not with the consequences. We have a joke league because teams with plastic pitches and empty stands are impacting what the league can earn (TV rights) whenever they play a real team. Doctors, Dentists and Civil Engineers, if good enough to play professional football (by definition), will be offered professional contracts at professional clubs.

This is the crux. Why is the SPFL starting with threats? Why are they not saying - as in so many other cases - that these are extraordinary circumstances and we would never hurt our member teams, the teams we are here to represent???
You mean having a board that represents all clubs being transparent in its actions and running the national sport properly?

Wishful thinking eh mate!

They are not even trying to hide it now. Don’t remember Doncaster etc pushing hard for reconstruction weeks ago, but now we are all doomed if it does not go through? Why does reconstruction make a difference? How does reconstruction allow games to proceed and get bodies in stadiums, which is the lifeblood of the majority of Scottish teams? Is it because Hearts will go legal and that will expose all their dodgy dealings since March? If anybody sees anything different then they are either corrupt or stupid. Hopefully some of the other clubs are starting to wake up to what has really been going on.

The SPFL exec are absolute fucking lowlife scumbags, as is Jackson for going to bat for these fuckers yet again. I hope they get told where to go and Hearts or others take legal action.

I would hope we ourselves are sitting in the shadows, adding to the dossier on a daily basis, just waiting to see how it pans out before deciding how we get these chancers out the door. We can’t let the passing of time turn into apathy.

The hibs vote totally baffles me - vote to drop from 6th to 7th and £130k less in prize money. And vote to deprive themselves of the income from two Edinburgh derbies. That makes no sense unless there was something else on offer.

Same as Dundee. Vote to lose the income from 2 sell-out home derbies and tv revenue from 4 derbies that would have been live on tv, as well as award your rivals a title.

Like you say, it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, unless promises have been made to pay them more than they lose, by whatever means.

Give the bheasts the title *
Avoid relegation -work in progress
Get the Scottish cup ties played ASAP - next on the agenda

Exactly what will happen, no doubt about it. They'll get them games played, even if some clubs have to field youth players as they've released everyone. They'll say that the prize money is essential for remaining clubs.

They are not even trying to hide it now. Don’t remember Doncaster etc pushing hard for reconstruction weeks ago, but now we are all doomed if it does not go through? Why does reconstruction make a difference? How does reconstruction allow games to proceed and get bodies in stadiums, which is the lifeblood of the majority of Scottish teams? Is it because Hearts will go legal and that will expose all their dodgy dealings since March? If anybody sees anything different then they are either corrupt or stupid. Hopefully some of the other clubs are starting to wake up to what has really been going on.

The SPFL exec are absolute fucking lowlife scumbags, as is Jackson for going to bat for these fuckers yet again. I hope they get told where to go and Hearts or others take legal action.

I would hope we ourselves are sitting in the shadows, adding to the dossier on a daily basis, just waiting to see how it pans out before deciding how we get these chancers out the door. We can’t let the passing of time turn into apathy.

Don't discount our Resolution having influenced their actions.

Whether it was seen as a distraction or the possibility of Reconstruction happening might have seen a few more clubs backing us, I don't know, but the timing of ending Reconstruction talks a few days before our Resolution was due to be voted upon was a strange choice. To then suddenly bring Reconstruction back to the table when nothing else has changed, is far too much of a coincidence.

Everything they do is done to suit their agenda - and their agenda is to do what suits one club best, not the Premiership and not Scottish football as a whole. The fact that most other clubs can't or don't want to see what they are up to is what is most puzzling.

They had since the 13th of March to enter into meaningful discussions on how to save the game in this country.

Instead they spent their time gerrymandering and ramming through the awarding of a tainted title* - all for the benefit of one club.

The vast majority of clubs were happy to go along with this for a measly few shekels.

F.uc.k each and every one of them.

And the mechanism already existed in order to release cash for all these clubs without strings attached but Fat Japanese Peter insists the money...ALL the club’s own money can only be paid out when they agree to giving the pollution an unwon title. Only in Diddy land!

I would have thought that before agreeing to any league sizes the question asked to every team in Scotland should be, can you afford to run a football team without any fans?

If the answer is as expected, a no by every team outwith of the premiership, then maybe you increase the top league for a season so to include more teams and make sure we still have enough full time clubs in Scotland for the next season.

In the lower leagues you can arrange a shorter campaign if and when fans are allowed back. You might find some teams will rather sit out for the whole season so you really need to wait until it is possible to start.

14-14-14 may well be the best way of arranging this but i really don't see how you can jump in with that set up just now.
My thoughts are aligned with yours.
if you can’t afford to play there will be no punishment.
the number who are left can be divided into what’s best.
the opt outer can form a temp LG when available to play.
heres the problem,
next august, where do all the now amalgated teams go, which LG?
was that a one off and only the prem will be official and the rest filter back to where they are now?
not easy.
the spfl ‘s job is to find a way to preserve the 42, regardless.

You just hope they stop the whole charade and someone grows a spine and takes them to court over the initial vote.

The above just drags this circus on ... while clubs lay players off and let contracts run out in cost-cutting exercises we/they were let to believe not necessary due to payments.

Then again, calling an end to the season did hand clubs the opportunity to not renew or "force-"extend contracts running till "the end of the season" (i.e. 1st June or the like).

My thoughts are aligned with yours.
if you can’t afford to play there will be no punishment.
the number who are left can be divided into what’s best.
the opt outer can form a temp LG when available to play.
heres the problem,
next august, where do all the now amalgated teams go, which LG?
was that a one off and only the prem will be official and the rest filter back to where they are now?
not easy.
the spfl ‘s job is to find a way to preserve the 42, regardless.

Yup, that is the real problem the SPFL should be trying to find solution for. If they came out and said what you suggested you'd maybe find less dissent amoungst the clubs. To the lower leagues it all just looks like Hearts trying to save themselves at the moment.

I guess you just have to have a temp league(s) that allows for winners to add to their history, prise money and euro places. After that all the team league rankings revert back to whatever it was. Harsh on any team that did well during that time but they should be in a better position than the teams that sat out of a season.

The Scottish game has been falling further into the gutter since the clubs voted to send the most successful one down the leagues. This pandemic has only hurried up the complete destruction of it and for what?

One rancid club!

No - the £10m doesn't actually exist does it? Thought that only applied to N&V. ;)

In reality I would expect them to have some trouble making it disappear. Approx £4m is due to BT who probably won't be that interested in picking up the games not covered by Sky next season.

Sky, who are due approx £6m, have all the games they want. Total of 54 games gives them all Rangers and Celtic away games, all Edinburgh derbies, all Dundee Utd Aberdeen games, the end of season relegation deciders and title clinching games plus about another 8 random games. Can't imagine them wanting too many Hamilton St Mirren type games for £6m.
They don't have Rangers and Celtic home games and that closed down captive audience.

Why does the SPFL board tell everyone what they must do?

Why do they scare everyone with dire consequences if they do not follow the SPFL advice on a vote?

It seems to me that the SPFL tells Scottish clubs what to do or else we will make it very bad for you.

The SPFL board are making the decisions before any discussions are held by all the clubs.

This is it.

Things are round the wrong way: the SPFL board should be working for the clubs but instead the SPFL board are calling the shots and the clubs are dancing to their tune.

The SPFL board's MO is to warn of dire consequences if the clubs don't do x, y or z.

It's how they operate, it's how they achieve their, i.e. the SPFL board's, goals.

I’m of the same opinion.

It’s like Alonzo Harris said in Training Day

“This shit’s chess, it ain’t checkers”

The game in Scotland in finished. I hope the board are waiting ready to fire the bullets
U
Given that Hibs voted in favour of the SPFL resolution costing themselves 6th place and £130,000 in prize money it wouldn't be a huge stretch of the imagination to think that these turkeys will vote for Christmas yet again. Then we had the reduction of prize money for teams from 2nd to 6th when the SPFL was formed.

ThIs is the only league in the world where clubs actually vote to reduce prize money for themselves?

No wonder the English laugh at Scottish football.

There is over £800k in parachute payments that will no longer be needed.

Th8s money will be used to “make good” to shíte like Hibs.

Are all the clubs in the championship full time. I could see them trying to merge the two leagues and telling the part time clubs to bolt.

Even an 18 team league top 8 bottom 10 split.

Doesn’t matter how the vote goes if they want it it will happen.

They don't have Rangers and Celtic home games and that closed down captive audience.
It's a valid point and I would expect the SPFL to push this in their negotiations. Sky would probably suggest that they could cover 8 weeks of Rangers or Celtic home games from the random 8 games they've already signed up to and would probably suggest that a lot of those games were less attractive and, as such, of lower value. After that they would be looking at probably 14 - 16 weeks worth of home games to recover the £6m by which time crowds could be back and that option not available.

As the Sky deal is exclusive it would make it difficult to attempt to negotiate away the BT £4m by attempting to sell them any surplus games without impacting the existing deal.

Not saying that they won't manage to punt some of the games with the home games during the closed doors period the obvious choice. It would, however, take a lot of games to negotiate away £10m worth particularly with the perceived better or high profile matches already sold.

He seems to be quite happy to constantly bang on about the dire consequences but seems utterly unwilling to actually do something that 1. helps Scottish football and 2. helps Scottish football clubs.

Instead he is too busy doing what Celtic want, when Celtic want it.

He can't even make his own mind up what is good or bad for the game. He says something needs to happen then the very next sentence that if it does happen then it'll ruin everything. The guy is a complete fud that has been caught up in so many lies he doesn't even know where to go now. He doesn't even know what answer to give when. Doesn't have a clue where he's going and what he's already done.

The blind panic has been caused because of the threat of legal action by Hearts.

EUFA stated they would look at awarded titles in relation to Championship League qualification, if there was a "public perception of unfairness."

A legal case would upset the applecart. This is what is terrifying the SPFL Board.

Celtic no getting their pockled place. Absolute disaster for the tims.

Is this a move to jettison the lower leagues? They couldn’t wait to bring them under their control when we were sent down there, to get their thieving hands on the tv revenue generated by us.

Or is someone threatening to spill the beans?

Rangers should be calling for Doncaster to resign.

Also why restart in front of empty stands if we couldn't finish in front of empty stands.

Appears that this clown just opens his mouth and spouts crap, without giving any real thought on the subject of reconstruction

A buffoon of the highest order, who needs chased

That means clubs from the Championship down would be expected to fulfil all 36 league fixtures. And any club which could not play their games could then be faced with the ultimate threat of expulsion from the SPFL

One source told us: “These are going to be very difficult conversations but that’s just the reality of the situation Scottish football now faces.

“Doncaster will meet with the Premiership clubs on Monday to discover if there is any consensus among them for what Ann has proposed, in terms of a 14 team top division for next season.

“If they can’t agree on that then everyone will be back to square one. And that’s when the chief executive is going to have to explain the next steps to clubs in the lower three tiers. As things stand, three leagues of ten clubs is not going to be possible.

“Some Championship clubs have already made it clear they’ll be in no position to play a full league campaign. But unless 75 per cent of all clubs can agree on some form of reconstruction, then the rules state it must be a 36 game season.

“If any club can’t fulfil its own fixtures it would become a disciplinary issue - one of the most serious disciplinary issues there is - and it would carry unlimited punishments

This feckin idea that because the rules currently say the leagues must play a set number of games is bloody ridiculous. The World is in crisis therefore amend the feckin rules that would penalise clubs during these unprecedented times.

One thing for sure there will be no reconstruction unless there is a hell of a lot arm twisting between now and the vote. Oops, sorry, forgot we are talking about SPFL here, corrupt as feck and will do anything to get the vote they desire.
I still don't understand why null and voiding was overlooked to avoid this mess. Surely it wasn't purely just to ensure the beggars were given a title ? /QUOTE]

You have answered your own question.

This whole shitshow was for one thing and one thing only, to ensure Celtic were awarded the title, and to ensure their march towards 10IAR was not derailed. Nothing else matters.

Now unfortunately there is the very strong possibility that Budge's reconstruction plans might be rejected, bringing with it both Hearts relegation and Budge's threat of court action.

The SPFL Corrupt 3 fear this going to court, it will undoubtably allow all to see the corruption taking place by those running our game. You can bet Doncaster and pals will be doing all they can between now and the vote to silence the dissenting voices, however thankfully, it looks like they have an impossible task.

Looking forward to Scottish football tearing itself apart from within the Courts of the land this summer.

Anything that comes out of that clowns mouth should be ignored. You couldn't mark his neck with a blowtorch. The Fat Japanese Bitch.

Jackson peddling more of Doncasters p!sh...

Reconstruction will not happen, why will teams vote for an expanded league which will eventually see more teams relegated. Clubs wont put themselves at risk of relegation from the premiership.

The blind panic has been caused because of the threat of legal action by Hearts.

EUFA stated they would look at awarded titles in relation to Championship League qualification, if there was a "public perception of unfairness."

A legal case would upset the applecart. This is what is terrifying the SPFL Board.

Celtic no getting their pockled place. Absolute disaster for the tims.

A post that I put on another thread

Something sprung the SPFL into action.

Whether that was a tip off from Liewell via the ECA that while Null & Void wasn't to be on the table in Scotland, it could be on the way across Europe if UEFA were considering it & not much could be done if that was the decree from the European Body.

Or was it that due to their astronomical wage bill that they needed to have the "champion" status to ensure access to CL monies for next season or even to ensure they were paid bonuses from sponsors that were only payable upon being "champions".

From Lego & TLB's press conferences demanding to be given the league to the SPFL implementing TLB's idea about PPG basis was them getting their ducks in a row.

We all know if Rangers had been 13 points clear with 2 Old Firms to play and the filth had a game in hand, then any mention of Rangers being handed a League Title would have seen the person who suggested it being rounded on by their acolytes in the media. See Scot Gardiner for a hint at what would have happened.

Just think if we had been awarded the league title if roles were reversed after all that has gone on in the last 2 months and a week later, the EPL announced that they were starting up again.

:eek:

Vote 1- vote yes to award Celtic the title or you won't get payments.

Vote 2 - vote no to prevent an independent investigation into corruption as it will cost money(Rangers negate this by offering to pay for the enquiry) and will take up too much valuable time which is now being taken up trying to force through league reconstruction.

Vote 3- vote yes for league reconstruction to allow Hearts to remain in the premiership avoiding legal action against spfl and finding the truth behind potential vote rigging and suspect behaviour by spfl officials. Vote yes or your club will be thrown out of the league for failing to fulfill playing all your fixtures which even if there is reconstruction you may not be able to play.

Davie Provan described the spfl as "behaving like the Sicilian Mafia".

Scottish football is in a bad place.

What he means is the risk of being sued and losing millions to Hearts, Thistle and Stranraer is too great so they have to force this through to appease them.

This could be the final nail in Doncaster’s coffin. It’s going to be a hard sell to get 75% of clubs to vote for it and to persuade them he’s in effect going to have to admit to the unknown liability they’ve been exposed to by his insistence on ending the season early.

The first club that goes under will be on his head.

Will be good to get the popcorn out and watch this one unfold.

Getting away from the sham that is the spfl for a moment. We now seem to be getting our orders from tv companies. They want this derby they want that derby, they will insist on getting their 4 old firm games.

This is just not right in my book. If your not good enough, you drop out the league or into the bottom 6 and I include the old firm in that, although highly unlikely. That's not sporting integrity in any form. Leagues shouldn't be arranged for what's a bigger pull for tv audiences.

Getting away from the sham that is the spfl for a moment. We now seem to be getting our orders from tv companies. They want this derby they want that derby, they will insist on getting their 4 old firm games.

This is just not right in my book. If your not good enough, you drop out the league or into the bottom 6 and I include the old firm in that, although highly unlikely. That's not sporting integrity in any form. Leagues shouldn't be arranged for what's a bigger pull for tv audiences.

We are due them £10m +

They say jump, the SPFL asks how high sir.

Doncaster answers to nobody, apart from that corrupt mob at Cesspit FC. He wouldn't last 5 minutes in any other League in the world where he wouldn't get away with the nonsense he does up here in Scotland. A free media would have had him binned long ago.

I don't have to get with any program, I have seen quite clearly what has been happening and posted about it multiple times. So maybe don't go in a wee hissy fit over a half hearted comment. Also getting legal advice and getting everything in place takes time but because it's not happening right now, Rangers have betrayed us all. Give me a break.
Feel free to get back to me when Rangers take action.

The time for Rangers taking action has come and gone. It should have been done BEFORE Celtic were awarded their title.

There is no merit in now seeking the removal of Dungcaster & McKenzie as we’ve allowed them to continue doing their jobs unhindered despite legal advice that they had breached their professional responsibilities.

Not only have Rangers betrayed us their fans they have also betrayed the clubs who supported us & clubs will think very carefully before ever supporting us again.

I may be wrong, but it seemed to me when Doncaster was under the spotlight he kept insisting he wasnt pushing agendas but was only there to do what the clubs wanted, yet here's the caant again laying down the law and telling everybody what HE wants.

You are correct but this is the SPFL that we are talking about.

Outwith 4 OF games a season, the only other thing Scottish Football has to sell is the Edinburgh Derby.

We saw what happened when we were demoted - Doncaster was hot footing it down to Isleworth with Liewell in tow trying to save the deal.

I'd like to see the structure of the deal in say Holland, a Country comparable to ourselves in size but they have 4 teams who have a chance of winning the Eredivise but most years, the winners come from either Amsterdam or Eindhoven.

The club done their bit with the dossier and by offering to pay for an independent enquiry.

Without the full backing of all the diddy clubs and blind self centred chairmen there wasn’t much more they could do.

Would anyone on here honestly think if we’d went to a Scottish court we would have got justice??

No, neither do I.

So f&@k Hearts and the rest, let them suffer I say and hopefully many of them will disappear.

If anyone thinks that’s harsh, just remember what they done to us in 2012.

Or whoever is working him from the back. Literally changing the rules to save themselves from any independent enquiries. The potential of Hearts taking legal action is the only driver of this.

Feel free to get back to me when Rangers take action.

The time for Rangers taking action has come and gone. It should have been done BEFORE Celtic were awarded their title.

There is no merit in now seeking the removal of Dungcaster & McKenzie as we’ve allowed them to continue doing their jobs unhindered despite legal advice that they had breached their professional responsibilities.

Not only have Rangers betrayed us their fans they have also betrayed the clubs who supported us & clubs will think very carefully before ever supporting us again.

So you're quite happy as a 'fan' to jump at the board and say they've betrayed us just because they've not said anything in public. You don't have a clue what happens behind the scenes. In fact it's probably best they don't say every move they make because 'fans' like yourself make ridiculous claims like this.

Also betrayed the other clubs? Are you taking the p***? Where is Hearts legal team? Where is Partick's? Instead of attacking what is meant to be your own club, maybe stop and actually question why no club has taken any action yet.

HARE
BY KEITH JACKSON
22:29, 27 MAY 2020UPDATED22:30, 27 MAY 2020
0_19914413.jpg
(Image: SNS Group)
Scotland's clubs will be warned next week that failure to thrash out league reconstruction in time for next season will effectively press the self destruct button on the professional game in this country.

Record Sport understands SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster is bracing himself for a series of monumental meetings next week - beginning on Monday when he will hold crisis talks with all 12 top flight clubs.

And Doncaster will attempt to hammer home the message that a radical overhaul of the current league structure - and in particular the lower three leagues - is no longer an option but an absolute necessity.

The move comes after an SPFL board held an emergency meeting to study a reconstruction ‘discussion paper’ put forward on Tuesday by Hearts owner Ann Budge.

Thursday’s meeting of the Hampden top brass also centred around growing concerns over next season’s Championship after a number of second tier clubs admitted earlier this week that they cannot afford to start up the next campaign behind closed doors.

And now Doncaster will have to spell out the dire consequences of any failure to agree on a new format in time for football’s big re-start.

thought the crisis was to end the season early to release cash to clubs. Corrupt as hell. terrible organisation the SPFL.

Back