Doncaster to face SPFL grilling over EBT letter to SFA

Paisley Ger

Official Ticketer
If they want to draw a line under the matter, he shouldnt survive this.

Resign or be sacked should be the only option on the table at Thursdays SPFL board meeting with him.
There's no way he will resign - paid a fortune for doing hee haw except what he's told to do. And no doubt MacLennan, who is on record as a Rangers hater, will do all he can to protect Doncaster. As much as we might want it to happen, this cretin won't be going anywhere soon.

TheMilster

Square dome Doncaster has to go after this, no way can he survive doing Lawells bidding.
Celtic should be charged with brining the game into disrepute.

Amadeus

Official Ticketer
I still cant shake the thought , that Lawwell has orchestrated this whole episode to unseat Doncaster and let him get his own choice in place (i know you could argue Doncaster is lawwells puppet) but if Doncaster has to resign , his replacement will most definetly be a choosen man , probably already working close at hand and being well prepared - only my opinion

Steve Snedden

I still cant shake the thought , that Lawwell has orchestrated this whole episode to unseat Doncaster and let him get his own choice in place (i know you could argue Doncaster is lawwells puppet) but if Doncaster has to resign , his replacement will most definetly be a choosen man , probably already working close at hand and being well prepared - only my opinion

I have similar concerns and based upon what we've been through it's hardly surprising.

However, I am genuinely hopeful that Lawell has over-reached this time and that this isn't an elaborate conspiracy.

Ardoyne RSC

its all going quite badly for the donkey............i just hope there is something highlighted here in regards to the fat Japs influence......but i wont hold my breath
I think his name should not be The Fat Jap, but a more appropriate one - like The Other Fat Korean, there are many similarities other than appearance. I just hope he doesn't have any ICBMs, although his pals in the Green Brigade might be able to help him there.

Billy1872

He won't resign, even though he should. Unless Rangers and our fans demand it and make it known, then he'll feel the pressure. You couldn't mark this cunte neck the a blowtorch. You seeing a pattern with this bastard and the mhutants in the east?

Billy1872

Also Celtic have brougbt the game into disrepute and should be punished for their lies and trying to bully people into their agenda. That club is an absolute embarrassment. When Rangers go top tonight, watch the bastards feel the pressure.

Pandamonium

Regan has handled the situation very well, he had a press conference and answered questions, he was honest to point out it was only the scum who wanted the enquiry and dug his heels in on drawing a line under the whole fiasco. He is clearly a man who wants to keep his well paying job.

Doncaster on the other hand has blown it. I hope he goes, he has been useless for the game and should have been sacked years ago for his handling of the game in 2012

Coisty09

Official Ticketer
It might suit us to have a weak Dungcaster still in place as he would know he could not do Jap eye's bidding without reproach.

Tim Hunter

Official Ticketer
Intelligence?

When there was talk of us going down to the 3rd division, his argument for saying we couldn't was "There's no place for them there"............obviously, the thought of all the other teams moving up a notch was too much to work out for him.
I gave him the benefit of the doubt regarding demotion, and that the financial consequences of putting Rangers outside the SPL, would be a failure of his fiduciary responsibilities as SPL CEO.
I supposed he told the clubs,"if you want Rangers out, do it yourselves".
Only after his trip to London with Fat Pete, did his attitude to Rangers change.
Regardless, his latest faux past should be the end of him.

Dave Angell

In an ideal world, both Doncaster and Regan would be out on their arses, and Liewell would be charged with bringing the game into disrepute, and be kept well away from the process to bring in replacements for his puppets.

Azulmac

Will Doncaster admit to influence or instruction from his master before he goes. His position is unattainable and hopefully he names names.

jweebear

Liewell has got what he wanted, the SFA and now the SPFL infighting. Not just between the two organisation but internal fighting in the separate associations, to what end though?

Moodymann

There's no way he will resign - paid a fortune for doing hee haw except what he's told to do. And no doubt MacLennan, who is on record as a Rangers hater, will do all he can to protect Doncaster. As much as we might want it to happen, this cretin won't be going anywhere soon.
Then the board of Rangers Football Club need to ensure he is sacked.

robrob

I have similar concerns and based upon what we've been through it's hardly surprising.

However, I am genuinely hopeful that Lawell has over-reached this time and that this isn't an elaborate conspiracy.
I tend to agree. At first, I was sure Lawwell had thrown Doncaster under the bus.

However, now that Lawwell himself has been made to look an idiot, and people are openly grumbling at their undue influence, I'm beginning to think he's simply miscalculated the reaction.

Even if he did intend to hurt Doncaster, he's hurt himself and the beasts too.

Billy1872

Liewell and Dungcaster both have to go. They undermined thr Spfl board with their lies. Embarrassing if both those ugly cunts was still in their positions within Scottish football after this.

gersmad

The end game is to remove the SPFL and the SFA to run the game on it's own, one organisation one voice with Liewell having the veto on all things.

Rangers will never be on this board.

There is something dodgy about this whole situation, be careful what you wish for would be my advice, I have no trust of either the SFA or the SPFL especially with Liewell in the background.

Stivenstoune

Rangers are in a position now to contribute constructively to discussions going forward, something we never had less than 18 months ago. I would hope that our opinions will be taken on board that that failings over the past few years are highlighted with regards to the management of the game.

Union Jack 1872

Neither Dungcaster Rhegan or either of the boards they sit on are fit for purpose,

Neither is the CFC Compliance officer they all need cleared our from top to bottom.

Fat Halpert

Neil Doncaster is irrelevant in the larger scheme of things. The problem is that the media are framing this story as SFA v SPFL when the focus should be on the fact that Chief Executive of the SPFL is acting on behalf of one club and dancing to the tune of one man in particular.

Lawwell's undue influence in Scottish Football should be under scrutiny here. Of course, we know it won't, as most of the hacks are dancing to his tune as well.

What chance do we have when Stewart Gilmour can openly state, when asked who is running Scottish Football "Oh, Kenny I don't think you need to ask me that. Are you trying to tell me that Peter's not pulling the strings? Peter Lawwell" and the only reaction to that is for the Rhecord to print an article titled "If Peter Lawwell is running Scottish Football then Stewart Gilmour should be GLAD not sad, says Brendan Rodgers".

It beggars belief.

frankieboy

Neil Doncaster will be asked to explain the letter that called for a review into the use of EBTs at Rangers when the SPFL board had made it clear any such review must not focus on the Ibrox club.
The SPFL chief executive is under pressure to explain the headline on a letter to SFA counterpart Stewart
Regan that called for a review into the use of Employee Benefit Trusts (EBTs) at Rangers.

SPFL officials called for no such inquiry and now they’re set to demand clarification from Doncaster at their next board meeting on Thursday.

To add to Doncaster’s embarrassment, Hampden sources confirmed Rangers have written to express their anger and dismay at the way the issue has been handled.

Pressure is mounting on Doncaster after his letter, received by the SFA on August 18 and referenced in correspondence between Regan and Celtic chief Peter Lawwell.

The SPFL board includes Ann Budge of Hearts, Les Gray of Hamilton, Martin Ritchie of Falkirk, Morton’s Warren Hawke and Iain Dougan of Stranraer.

Doncaster, new SPFL chairman Murdoch MacLennan and independent non-exec director Karyn McCluskey are also on it.

The SPFL board met to discuss the aftermath of the Supreme Court verdict in July that ruled EBTs were taxable income, bringing an end to a long-running dispute between Rangers and HMRC.

Ibrox managing director Stewart Robertson is also a member of the SPFL board but was not allowed to take part in discussions and played no part in the decision taken by his colleagues.

In the end they agreed a review of processes aimed at avoiding future financial traumas among Scottish clubs as well as how such events would be handled in future would be beneficial.

Significantly, however, the SPFL board made it clear any such review must not focus on Rangers and its use of EBTs that ultimately led to its financial collapse in 2012.

Despite that, Doncaster’s letter to the SFA was headlined, “Independent review of use of tax avoidance schemes at Rangers FC and actions of Scottish football authorities”.

Surprisingly given the headline, it’s understood the narrative of the letter followed the terms of reference handed down in the original brief by SPFL board members.

Three days after receiving the letter, Lawwell also wrote to the SFA expressing his disappointment at the decision of their board to draw a line under the issue by refusing calls for further inquiries into the Ibrox financial collapse.

He wrote: “I am disappointed to note the position of the Scottish FA board in relation to our request for a review and indeed the request by the SPFL, on behalf of the 42 clubs in Scotland, for a review.”

The SPFL refused to comment last night.
He has to go after that.

Bluegenebop

The end game is to remove the SPFL and the SFA to run the game on it's own, one organisation one voice with Liewell having the veto on all things.

Rangers will never be on this board.
That's exactly what I think liewells end game plan is.

sammysun

Like all on this board I will never trust the fat jap as far as I could thro him, we need to be alert at all times.

Chosenfew

Rangers are in a position now to contribute constructively to discussions going forward, something we never had less than 18 months ago. I would hope that our opinions will be taken on board that that failings over the past few years are highlighted with regards to the management of the game.
Agree with your post it's time for us to reduce their cancerous grip on the game up here. We need to be in the vanguard of changes up here , more home grown players brought through something that the French do by ensuring that the 1st eleven must have a certain quota of youth produced players in the starting 11. We and them would still have the better squads but would help the others spend more in producing better youth players and even up the ability of us and them just filling out teams with better foreign players if we are only allowed a certain amount , then over time would help the whole setup in Scotland. We need to show the other teams up here that Rangers whilst being the best are also interested in ensuring that the game up here works for all.