Doncaster to face SPFL grilling over EBT letter to SFA

Liewell has got what he wanted, the SFA and now the SPFL infighting. Not just between the two organisation but internal fighting in the separate associations, to what end though?

There's no way he will resign - paid a fortune for doing hee haw except what he's told to do. And no doubt MacLennan, who is on record as a Rangers hater, will do all he can to protect Doncaster. As much as we might want it to happen, this cretin won't be going anywhere soon.

Then the board of Rangers Football Club need to ensure he is sacked.

I have similar concerns and based upon what we've been through it's hardly surprising.

However, I am genuinely hopeful that Lawell has over-reached this time and that this isn't an elaborate conspiracy.

I tend to agree. At first, I was sure Lawwell had thrown Doncaster under the bus.

However, now that Lawwell himself has been made to look an idiot, and people are openly grumbling at their undue influence, I'm beginning to think he's simply miscalculated the reaction.

Even if he did intend to hurt Doncaster, he's hurt himself and the beasts too.

Liewell and Dungcaster both have to go. They undermined thr Spfl board with their lies. Embarrassing if both those ugly cunts was still in their positions within Scottish football after this.

The end game is to remove the SPFL and the SFA to run the game on it's own, one organisation one voice with Liewell having the veto on all things.

Rangers will never be on this board.

There is something dodgy about this whole situation, be careful what you wish for would be my advice, I have no trust of either the SFA or the SPFL especially with Liewell in the background.

Rangers are in a position now to contribute constructively to discussions going forward, something we never had less than 18 months ago. I would hope that our opinions will be taken on board that that failings over the past few years are highlighted with regards to the management of the game.

Neither Dungcaster Rhegan or either of the boards they sit on are fit for purpose,

Neither is the CFC Compliance officer they all need cleared our from top to bottom.

Neil Doncaster is irrelevant in the larger scheme of things. The problem is that the media are framing this story as SFA v SPFL when the focus should be on the fact that Chief Executive of the SPFL is acting on behalf of one club and dancing to the tune of one man in particular.

Lawwell's undue influence in Scottish Football should be under scrutiny here. Of course, we know it won't, as most of the hacks are dancing to his tune as well.

What chance do we have when Stewart Gilmour can openly state, when asked who is running Scottish Football "Oh, Kenny I don't think you need to ask me that. Are you trying to tell me that Peter's not pulling the strings? Peter Lawwell" and the only reaction to that is for the Rhecord to print an article titled "If Peter Lawwell is running Scottish Football then Stewart Gilmour should be GLAD not sad, says Brendan Rodgers".

It beggars belief.

Neil Doncaster will be asked to explain the letter that called for a review into the use of EBTs at Rangers when the SPFL board had made it clear any such review must not focus on the Ibrox club.
The SPFL chief executive is under pressure to explain the headline on a letter to SFA counterpart Stewart
Regan that called for a review into the use of Employee Benefit Trusts (EBTs) at Rangers.

SPFL officials called for no such inquiry and now they’re set to demand clarification from Doncaster at their next board meeting on Thursday.

To add to Doncaster’s embarrassment, Hampden sources confirmed Rangers have written to express their anger and dismay at the way the issue has been handled.

Pressure is mounting on Doncaster after his letter, received by the SFA on August 18 and referenced in correspondence between Regan and Celtic chief Peter Lawwell.

The SPFL board includes Ann Budge of Hearts, Les Gray of Hamilton, Martin Ritchie of Falkirk, Morton’s Warren Hawke and Iain Dougan of Stranraer.

Doncaster, new SPFL chairman Murdoch MacLennan and independent non-exec director Karyn McCluskey are also on it.

The SPFL board met to discuss the aftermath of the Supreme Court verdict in July that ruled EBTs were taxable income, bringing an end to a long-running dispute between Rangers and HMRC.

Ibrox managing director Stewart Robertson is also a member of the SPFL board but was not allowed to take part in discussions and played no part in the decision taken by his colleagues.

In the end they agreed a review of processes aimed at avoiding future financial traumas among Scottish clubs as well as how such events would be handled in future would be beneficial.

Significantly, however, the SPFL board made it clear any such review must not focus on Rangers and its use of EBTs that ultimately led to its financial collapse in 2012.

Despite that, Doncaster’s letter to the SFA was headlined, “Independent review of use of tax avoidance schemes at Rangers FC and actions of Scottish football authorities”.

Surprisingly given the headline, it’s understood the narrative of the letter followed the terms of reference handed down in the original brief by SPFL board members.

Three days after receiving the letter, Lawwell also wrote to the SFA expressing his disappointment at the decision of their board to draw a line under the issue by refusing calls for further inquiries into the Ibrox financial collapse.

He wrote: “I am disappointed to note the position of the Scottish FA board in relation to our request for a review and indeed the request by the SPFL, on behalf of the 42 clubs in Scotland, for a review.”

The SPFL refused to comment last night.
He has to go after that.

The end game is to remove the SPFL and the SFA to run the game on it's own, one organisation one voice with Liewell having the veto on all things.

Rangers will never be on this board.
That's exactly what I think liewells end game plan is.

Like all on this board I will never trust the fat Japanese as far as I could thro him, we need to be alert at all times.

Rangers are in a position now to contribute constructively to discussions going forward, something we never had less than 18 months ago. I would hope that our opinions will be taken on board that that failings over the past few years are highlighted with regards to the management of the game.

Agree with your post it's time for us to reduce their cancerous grip on the game up here. We need to be in the vanguard of changes up here , more home grown players brought through something that the French do by ensuring that the 1st eleven must have a certain quota of youth produced players in the starting 11. We and them would still have the better squads but would help the others spend more in producing better youth players and even up the ability of us and them just filling out teams with better foreign players if we are only allowed a certain amount , then over time would help the whole setup in Scotland. We need to show the other teams up here that Rangers whilst being the best are also interested in ensuring that the game up here works for all.

He is made of Teflon, I wouldn't be surprised if he survives. After the disasters under his watch and he is still there. he will only get the sack on the Fat Japanese say so.

Just like the Craig White trial where the jurors were asked if they supported Rangers however, no one thought to ask them if they supported Celtic.
To be fair they could have supported pretty much any club as hatred seems to be universal in Scotland. Better question would be are you interested in football period.

Neil Doncaster is irrelevant in the larger scheme of things. The problem is that the media are framing this story as SFA v SPFL when the focus should be on the fact that Chief Executive of the SPFL is acting on behalf of one club and dancing to the tune of one man in particular.

Lawwell's undue influence in Scottish Football should be under scrutiny here. Of course, we know it won't, as most of the hacks are dancing to his tune as well.

What chance do we have when Stewart Gilmour can openly state, when asked who is running Scottish Football "Oh, Kenny I don't think you need to ask me that. Are you trying to tell me that Peter's not pulling the strings? Peter Lawwell" and the only reaction to that is for the Rhecord to print an article titled "If Peter Lawwell is running Scottish Football then Stewart Gilmour should be GLAD not sad, says Brendan Rodgers".

It beggars belief.
Beggar being the operative word, it is long overdue that the influence exerted by the fat Japanese and his rancid club over football in this country is terminated.

Just like the Craig White trial where the jurors were asked if they supported Rangers however, no one thought to ask them if they supported Celtic.

The cuñts just lie.
I'm not a Celtic fan but,.... Magnificent institution
I don't really follow football but..... Rangers and Hospitals
I'm atheist but ...... defend catholic priests.

Neil Doncaster will be asked to explain the letter that called for a review into the use of EBTs at Rangers when the SPFL board had made it clear any such review must not focus on the Ibrox club.
The SPFL chief executive is under pressure to explain the headline on a letter to SFA counterpart Stewart
Regan that called for a review into the use of Employee Benefit Trusts (EBTs) at Rangers.

SPFL officials called for no such inquiry and now they’re set to demand clarification from Doncaster at their next board meeting on Thursday.

To add to Doncaster’s embarrassment, Hampden sources confirmed Rangers have written to express their anger and dismay at the way the issue has been handled.

Pressure is mounting on Doncaster after his letter, received by the SFA on August 18 and referenced in correspondence between Regan and Celtic chief Peter Lawwell.

The SPFL board includes Ann Budge of Hearts, Les Gray of Hamilton, Martin Ritchie of Falkirk, Morton’s Warren Hawke and Iain Dougan of Stranraer.

Doncaster, new SPFL chairman Murdoch MacLennan and independent non-exec director Karyn McCluskey are also on it.

The SPFL board met to discuss the aftermath of the Supreme Court verdict in July that ruled EBTs were taxable income, bringing an end to a long-running dispute between Rangers and HMRC.

Ibrox managing director Stewart Robertson is also a member of the SPFL board but was not allowed to take part in discussions and played no part in the decision taken by his colleagues.

In the end they agreed a review of processes aimed at avoiding future financial traumas among Scottish clubs as well as how such events would be handled in future would be beneficial.

Significantly, however, the SPFL board made it clear any such review must not focus on Rangers and its use of EBTs that ultimately led to its financial collapse in 2012.

Despite that, Doncaster’s letter to the SFA was headlined, “Independent review of use of tax avoidance schemes at Rangers FC and actions of Scottish football authorities”.

Surprisingly given the headline, it’s understood the narrative of the letter followed the terms of reference handed down in the original brief by SPFL board members.

Three days after receiving the letter, Lawwell also wrote to the SFA expressing his disappointment at the decision of their board to draw a line under the issue by refusing calls for further inquiries into the Ibrox financial collapse.

He wrote: “I am disappointed to note the position of the Scottish FA board in relation to our request for a review and indeed the request by the SPFL, on behalf of the 42 clubs in Scotland, for a review.”

The SPFL refused to comment last night.
Request by the SPFL on behalf of the 42 clubs? The statement by Liewell was a complete lie. The member clubs made no such request. We should be asking for his resignation on the back of such misrepresentation of the member clubs

Stunning arrogance. But not surprising and I even expect it to be swept under the carpet. It shouldn't but I expect it will. Any other result would likely signal a genuine change in the wind, so to speak.

First Mr King and friends got us our club back then they removed the parasite that was fat ashley. Now they are setting their sights on liewell and his lickspittles. This is not going to end well for the Japanese eyed c--t.

for the sake of the oft alluded transparency then all correspondence between the spfl/sfa and celtc should be made publc.

How much attention is the media going to give to the truth behind Doncaster's letter in comparison with the propaganda onslaught a few days ago?

This is reminiscent of the BBC-instigated lie about Boruc being cautioned for crossing himself. Relatively little prominence was given to the statement by the Lord Advocate that the story was rubbish.

He's got to go over this , caught lying through his teeth to do Liewells dirty work

Liewell should also be forced to resign all his positions for bringing the game into disrepute

They both knew what they were doing
Exactly this. He has been exposed as a puppet of Liewell. He let himself be used as an excuse for Liewell to then express his disappointment at the SFA response to Doncaster's letter.

W.A.T.P.
Our Autumn Freshtival Wines

Red Wine White Wine Bubbles Mixed Cases

Folding-Table-A.jpg

Keep up to date with Aldi

Back