Don't let the support down Rangers

For years we have been fed the line the computer picks the fixtures. Lying rats.
Every season the first Old Firm game is around the 3rd or 4th fixture, had this game been at Ibrox it would have gone ahead late August.
Just for good measure we are at Pittodrie for the first game whilst the filth host Hamilton.
Gerrard did say he would be happy to play the game later however as Rangers supporters we have been around longer and know how it works in Scotland. Every advantage is handed to them, just like trophies.
Rangers must speak out against the cabal, Aberdeen away again first game? Hamilton at home for them? Whats the chances of this as it was the other year there?
Don't let them rub our noses in it Rangers, if only for the supporters, speak out about this.

This is the type of unhinged nonsense that we would be laughing at if the tims came away with it.

Utterly embarrassing rubbish.

I really despair with some of our support they just don’t get it. The stiff upper lip and silent stance doesn’t work the league will come down to the smallest of margins therefore every advantage count and the other lot have already stole a march on us
Im not saying stay silent. Im asking if its a definite we go to Pittodrie 3 times?
In what way have they stole a march on us? Genuine question.

Everyone knows it's not randomly done. Hasn't for years. However challenging a fixture list with lawyers is the most ridiculous idea yet.

So please enlighten me as to what we do instead.

Never said challenge it with lawyers, i was referring to them.
Voice our opinion through media channels.

Aberdeen away. Let’s not kid ourselves, this is the fixture that mob would want us to have, and we’ve got it. I agree with McCoist, looks like fixture manipulation to me. As we know Aberdeen will fight like F*ck in this one, try to boot us off the park and get Morelos sent off, no doubt with someone like Madden in charge.

But let me be clear, no excuses, it can work for us if Gerrard has us up for it, we win and gets the momentum going. If not, we’re 3 points behind after 1 game and already chasing which is a c*nt of a place to be.

That same sheep fixture where the fhilth routinely hand out a cricket score ? Well, maybe we should try the same approach. Do we now look at the Kilmarnock fixtures in the same way ? What about Hearts ? Time to do our talking on the pitch.

Last edited:
2007 and 2010 I think it is mate going by the fixtures list posted in this thread.

Kinda proves the point doesn't it?

First time in over a decade the first Old Firm of the season ends up in October. Conveniently a few weeks after Celtic were pushing for the game to be pushed back in the media.

I agree with the OP it does look a bit suspect, however I would rather get a tough trip to Pittodrie out the way early doors.
No winter break has got to be good news for us. Our players don't seem to come back from their winter camp.

Read quite a few replies.... don't know if it's been highlighted already.....
They go away to sheep after we trash them at the piggery in Oct - a 6 point
swing :p
glass half-full (not often for me)

There is always an Old Firm game as the last/first game of the year lol, never seen someone complain why that isn’t played at the end of November.

Can we stop the excuses. If we want to win the league we need to win these games. Imagine the statement we could give to the scum if we hammer the sheep first game back.

What exactly is it the board expected to do.

We will continue to maintain a watchful eye on the decisions of footballs governing bodies. Let me reassure the fans that we will not be found wanting in this situation.

Stewart Robertson on 16/3/20.

So, I dunno. Something?

The places we now class as a tough trip really shows how far we've fallen.

No moaning about away fixtures when we were pumping every team on the way to 9 in a row.

We're Rangers FFS.

There are plenty of things to get angry about. This is not one of them.

Pittodrie behind closed doors is a good fixture to start us off with.

Everyone knows it's not randomly done. Hasn't for years. However challenging a fixture list with lawyers is the most ridiculous idea yet.

So please enlighten me as to what we do instead.
It is a computer that churns out the fixture lists.
That said, the computer is pre-programmed with certain information.
Like, the champions at home first game, when the Rangers/septic games are played, Hearts not at home when Scotland Rugby games are scheduled.
(Don’t know if that one is still a thing.)

It is a computer that churns out the fixture lists.
That said, the computer is pre-programmed with certain information.
Like, the champions at home first game, when the Rangers/septic games are played, Hearts not at home when Scotland Rugby games are scheduled.
(Don’t know if that one is still a thing.)
The input parameters will be critical then to the end result. The first old firm date must therefore have been scheduled for October instead of the usual August/September date.

Shouldn't matter - we should be looking to win home and away against all the teams at whatever point we get them. We shouldn't be making excuses.

For years we have been fed the line the computer picks the fixtures. Lying rats.
Every season the first Old Firm game is around the 3rd or 4th fixture, had this game been at Ibrox it would have gone ahead late August.
Just for good measure we are at Pittodrie for the first game whilst the filth host Hamilton.
Gerrard did say he would be happy to play the game later however as Rangers supporters we have been around longer and know how it works in Scotland. Every advantage is handed to them, just like trophies.
Rangers must speak out against the cabal, Aberdeen away again first game? Hamilton at home for them? Whats the chances of this as it was the other year there?
Don't let them rub our noses in it Rangers, if only for the supporters, speak out about this.
Our first league game in 2018/19 season was v Aberdeen away, 1-1 draw, Morelos sent off in a game we should have won. It's coming to something when our fans are worrying about playing Aberdeen away in the first game of the season, ffs

It’s not just the OF match, or the opening game, look at the run they’ve handed us in January, a time when we’ve struggled in recent years
2nd Celtic (h)
9th Aberdeen (a)
16th Motherwell (a)
23rd Ross County (h)
27th Hibernian (a)

Gotta play these teams at some point may aswell get them first and the fact they'll be no fans at Pigtoddrie means no money for the sheep cxunts.

The paedo club got what they asked for tho with the of game what a coincidence.

Let's Go Rangers win it for the goo guys!

The folk saying man up etc are totally missing the point. Of course you need to play everybody home and away over the course of a season, but with the current situation, a closed doors Old Firm Game would be a serious disadvantage for the Home Team, especially when fans are likely to be back by the time we play them at Ibrox in December.

I can't remember the first Old Firm game of the season ever being in October in my lifetime.

They're pulling the strings again before a ball has even been kicked.
20 October 2007.

Our first league game in 2018/19 season was v Aberdeen away, 1-1 draw, Morelos sent off in a game we should have won. It's coming to something when our fans are worrying about playing Aberdeen away in the first game of the season, ffs
[/QUOT

You've answered your own question.
They gave us our 2nd most difficult away fixture and we dropped 2 points after the opening game.
Think about it, and that goes for the other clowns on here spouting this line.

20 October 2007.
Was there not a more recent season where the first game against them was the last of the quarter?
Either the 3-1 game (Broadfoot’s penalty game) or the 4-2 game (Mendes peach game) are in my mind here.

The input parameters will be critical then to the end result. The first old firm date must therefore have been scheduled for October instead of the usual August/September date.
The parameters are changed this season with potential European fixtures, internationals etc.

Should I be seething at this? TBH I really don’t give feck anymore. They will and can and getaway with doing what they want when they want. The only way to beat them is on the pitch and we know how they will try and bugger us up on the pitch too. I’m rapidly falling out of love with game in this shitty country. I will love my Club til I die but by %^*& it’s getting harder every day to love the game

You've answered your own question.
They gave us our 2nd most difficult away fixture and we dropped 2 points after the opening game.
Think about it, and that goes for the other clowns on here spouting this line.
I think the “clown” remark is a bit much just because some have a different point of view.
Maybe you should ask yourself if that is really necessary.
Anyway, Aberdeen away is a much easier proposition, currently, than Kilmarnock for example.
If you want, you could include away game against Hearts, okay not this season, Hibs, nearly always difficult, and, for this current season only, Dundee United, given the celebratory mood the home fans will be in.
By the way, I fully agree that the computer output I mentioned earlier were deliberately manipulated to give the scum every chance of getting their scum fans into the stadium.

Was there not a more recent season where the first game against them was the last of the quarter?
Either the 3-1 game (Broadfoot’s penalty game) or the 4-2 game (Mendes peach game) are in my mind here.
You might be right mate, I only mentioned the 20 Oct 2007 game because we humped them 3 0. :D

They’ve spent over a decade structuring everything in their favour, including placemen in influential positions to prevent anything being changed. We are a big and important club but we are equal to the other 40 clubs in the system. We can’t just go and do what we like any more than Cowdenbeath or Raith can. I know people want it to be but It isn’t all Rangers fault.we have to change it using the structure which is stacked against us, that’s why I’ve been saying for years we need allies to win votes. I’m sure the people at the club know this but we must burn all the bridges and boats, fans demand it so we have to just sit here by ourselves giving them exactly what they want.

I think the “clown” remark is a bit much just because some have a different point of view.
Maybe you should ask yourself if that is really necessary.
Anyway, Aberdeen away is a much easier proposition, currently, than Kilmarnock for example.
If you want, you could include away game against Hearts, okay not this season, Hibs, nearly always difficult, and, for this current season only, Dundee United, given the celebratory mood the home fans will be in.
By the way, I fully agree that the computer output I mentioned earlier were deliberately manipulated to give the scum every chance of getting their scum fans into the stadium.

In hindsight you are correct. Its not like myself to post in this way .
However some of the replies made me wonder if i was on Rangers Media. ;)

24th October 2010 3-1 win

Is the latest the game has been under the SPL/SPFL - round 9

They get what they want. If the fixture had been in early September they'd have kicked up the biggest shit storm imaginable. We just lube up.

"The status quo cannot remain". Oh yeah? Sure about that?
Correct, we just bend over and take it. In the last three seasons we have been given tough away games for the first fixture, Aberdeen, Kilmarnock, Aberdeen, and I don’t go with this shoite of we have to play everyone, so it doesn’t matter, getting your nose in front matters a lot in this league, and this “we should expect to beat Aberdeen away”, if that’s the case we should win every game. The advantage has once again been handed to them unchallenged. Random fixture computer my arse.

No, the computer does pick the fixtures - but it does so, based on certain caveats that are also input into the equation. Eg, keep Celtic / Rangers home games apart on the same day, etc.

The issue is not that they're lying about what the computer has produced, it is what caveats were entered into the system at the same time, and who decided what they should be ?

Can someone correct me if I'm wrong here with regards to the fixture list before the split.

Taking the top six from the season just gone, we play all these teams twice away from home and the mentally challengeds don't play any of them twice away from home.

Last edited:
Correct, we just bend over and take it. In the last three seasons we have been given tough away games for the first fixture, Aberdeen, Kilmarnock, Aberdeen, and I don’t go with this shoite of we have to play everyone, so it doesn’t matter, getting your nose in front matters a lot in this league, and this “we should expect to beat Aberdeen away”, if that’s the case we should win every game. The advantage has once again been handed to them unchallenged. Random fixture computer my arse.

Many predicted that it would be the Sheep away for our first game and that the first Piggery game would be as far down the fixture list as possible. Its rigged to fook, like everything else associated with the SPFL. Everybody can see that now, mate.

Back