Don't let the support down Rangers

I am happy to go away to Aberdeen in the first game as it gets rid of a tricky game without fans .
As for the first old firm game being played later than usual , I would say that stinks

As for the first old firm game being played later than usual , I would say that stinks.

Which, I reckon is precisely the point the OP was making.

Like you, I'm not fussed at going to Dollywood. I'm expecting Clancy as ref, mind.

Lennon: we should be declared Champions using points per game.

SPFL: Celtic are champions using points per game.

Lennon: make the first Rangers - celtic game as late as possible.

SPFL: the fixtures have made the first Rangers - celtic game as late as possible.

I wonder what the rat will demand next. Whatever it is, the evidence is he will get it.

Spot on but it is alot harder if you fall behind early and are playing catch up.
Agreed but we are playing before them on a few occasions. Up to us to put the pressure on and keep it on. The winter break killed our momentum. We need to come out of traps flying and keep going

There are plenty of things to get angry about. This is not one of them.

Pittodrie behind closed doors is a good fixture to start us off with.

I don't think that's the main point from the OP.

It's the fact we all knew the 'random computer' would churn out Rangers going to the scum hut as late as possible in the first round of games.

We also know that if the roles were reversed, the same 'random computer' would have trotted the Ibrox fixture out in Aug/Sept.

They get what they want. If the fixture had been in early September they'd have kicked up the biggest shit storm imaginable. We just lube up.

"The status quo cannot remain". Oh yeah? Sure about that?

Yeah some folk really will just accept any old shite now. It’s completely unacceptable and that line you just quoted, I knew that would prove to be a lot of bollocks.

You've answered your own question.
They gave us our 2nd most difficult away fixture and we dropped 2 points after the opening game.
Think about it, and that goes for the other clowns on here spouting this line.
A bit less of the clown abuse if you don't mind. Just stating this isn't the first to happen to us. Doesn't matter when we play Aberdeen it will still be a very tense game.

Was there not a more recent season where the first game against them was the last of the quarter?
Either the 3-1 game (Broadfoot’s penalty game) or the 4-2 game (Mendes peach game) are in my mind here.

Pretty sure the Mendes peach was in the August.

Think you are correct with the Broadfoot penalty match. Or rather, the game Collum refused to red card Stokes after two minutes.

I would suspect that Sky (even though they will deny it) will have been pushing for the later than normal opening Old Firm game.

Completely agree with the OP. All the people posting the same old tired nonsense like “get on with it”, “we have to play everyone home and away anyway”, “excuses” are completely missing the point and are actually part of the problem.

To win the title of course rangers have to amass more points than Celtic on the pitch, but to do that Rangers are fighting on an uneven playing field where the officials are handing Celtic every possible marginal advantage. We have witnessed inexplicable refereeing cost us points time and again. We are once again having to go to Aberdeen on first game for the second time in 3 or 4 years with Rugby Park our first fixture in between - what are the possible odds of that being the result of a random computer generator - the probability is minuscule. We are once again facing a run of fixtures immediately following the new year OF that is about as challenging as possible - exactly what killed momentum in the last two seasons. Celtic requested the OF be later so they could have the advantage of a home support and the SPFL have complied. And this is after a summer where the SPFL openly and corruptly did everything possible to hand Celtic a title.
The ultimate point here is that the governing body and officials are doing everything they can to ensure success for Celtic - including directly pandering to their wishes with complete impunity. We must therefore fight them on everything. Call out every injustice, complain about every refereeing call against us, ask for explanations when a random computer spits out fixtures that every semi-intelligent Rangers fan was able to predict....unless we start fighting against the stacked deck, we will always be starting at a massive disadvantage. When the SPFL and officials’ blatant infringements on fairness and “sporting integrity” become so normalised that we as a support just accept and say “let’s just get on with it”, then the game is up.

For years we have been fed the line the computer picks the fixtures. Lying rats.
Every season the first Old Firm game is around the 3rd or 4th fixture, had this game been at Ibrox it would have gone ahead late August.
Just for good measure we are at Pittodrie for the first game whilst the filth host Hamilton.
Gerrard did say he would be happy to play the game later however as Rangers supporters we have been around longer and know how it works in Scotland. Every advantage is handed to them, just like trophies.
Rangers must speak out against the cabal, Aberdeen away again first game? Hamilton at home for them? Whats the chances of this as it was the other year there?
Don't let them rub our noses in it Rangers, if only for the supporters, speak out about this.
We need to win all games end of

For years we have been fed the line the computer picks the fixtures. Lying rats.
Every season the first Old Firm game is around the 3rd or 4th fixture, had this game been at Ibrox it would have gone ahead late August.
Just for good measure we are at Pittodrie for the first game whilst the filth host Hamilton.
Gerrard did say he would be happy to play the game later however as Rangers supporters we have been around longer and know how it works in Scotland. Every advantage is handed to them, just like trophies.
Rangers must speak out against the cabal, Aberdeen away again first game? Hamilton at home for them? Whats the chances of this as it was the other year there?
Don't let them rub our noses in it Rangers, if only for the supporters, speak out about this.
Nonsense.

yes things stink, they are trying hard to make life as easy as possible for the mhanks. But ultimately it should have little bearing on how the season goes.

I have to say I am delighted that we get the sheep away with no fans. Thought we would be certainties to get them at Ibrox first with no fans. This is always a tough game and removing their fans helps us.

2006/07 - Game 8 (A)
2007/08 - Game 10 (H)
2008/09 - Game 4 (A)
2009/10 - Game 7 (H)
2010/11 - Game 9 (A)
2011/12 - Game 8 (H)
2016/17 - Game 5 (A)
2017/18 - Game 7 (H)
2018/19 - Game 4 (A)
2019/20 - Game 4 (H)

Thanks for posting. I thought we had played September/October previously as 1st game.

The input parameters will be critical then to the end result. The first old firm date must therefore have been scheduled for October instead of the usual August/September date.

Why should the input parameters been different for this first match v the filth than say, the last four seasons?

You also said 'therefore', which to me, seems like supposition on your part.

This is the type of unhinged nonsense that we would be laughing at if the tims came away with it.

Utterly embarrassing rubbish.

Meanwhile the filth are actually laughing at how easy it all is to manipulate all aspects of football in this wee hole and punters like you refuse to acknowledge what is openly staring you in the moosh.

Forget Aberdeen, that is a red herring in this debate, if you'll pardon the pun.

Do you honestly believe if the first match v the filth was scheduled for Ibrox, it would have been delayed till the last possible date available to the SPFL and its 'random computer'?

That is what you contend is 'utterly embarrassing rubbish' boiled down to the bare bones.

Yes or no?

2006/07 - Game 8 (A)
2007/08 - Game 10 (H)
2008/09 - Game 4 (A)
2009/10 - Game 7 (H)
2010/11 - Game 9 (A)
2011/12 - Game 8 (H)
2016/17 - Game 5 (A)
2017/18 - Game 7 (H)
2018/19 - Game 4 (A)
2019/20 - Game 4 (H)

I'm pretty sure the first fixture v the filth in 2003 at Ibrox came about in Oct as did the fixture in 2002. I'm also pretty sure the 2001 fixture was played on or around the September weekend. But ultimately it proves absolute zilch in this debate.

You see there was no probems about crowd access back then. No pleas from the filth to get a change in the date of the fixture to suit their own requirements.

The 'random computer' has chucked out this mid Oct date for one reason and one reason only. The SPFL, and spurred on by the filth beforehand coming out and openly stating it, are terrified that the first match this season between Rangers and the filth goes ahead with the filth at a disadvantage crowd wise.

After all that has went on in general with the leniency shown to the filth after a good two decades at least (their punishment after the shame game in 99 being a case in point) and especially what has transpired since the Good Friday vote, how any Rangers fan can male allowances for the vagaries, which are now common place in favour of the filth, actually beggars belief.

Lets just beat them on the Park and get 55. That will sicken them.

The problem is, the last title has literally been won in a boardroom. People now have legitimate reason to feel that simply doing it on the park won’t be enough.

Lets just beat them on the Park and get 55. That will sicken them.
Beating them on the park is just that wee bit harder when the the fixtures, referees and league “committee” are loaded against us
Anyone who thinks that “the luck of the draw”, rescinded red cards, a hostile media and the compliance officer are random is deluding themselves.

I think this is a great time to get the sheep gets a tricky fixture out the way with no hostile atmosphere etc

Why should the input parameters been different for this first match v the filth than say, the last four seasons?

You also said 'therefore', which to me, seems like supposition on your part.
You miss my point.

I am saying they have changed the parameters for this season by making the date of the first game in October, mysteriously after the tramp suggested just this.

The use of the word therefore refers to this is fact, not supposition.

It's incredible people are just brushing it off 2 months after they were awarded a title over Zoom they didn't win on the park.

No wonder they walk all over us when our fans are so blinded.
Doesn't help that we as a support seem so fractured in how to deal with it. We have one camp of "suck it up" and another wanting to go to war. Whichever route we choose we need to be United or it's doomed to failure.

I am of the opinion that last year the intensity of having to play catch up every week finally got to us after New Year. Every week we had to win to stay in touch with them. They even brought a game forward in Dec to increase that pressure. By beating Aberdeen we put the pressure on them. I am all for it. Let's see how they handle it. First game of season , no fans at Parkhead it's best chance Accies will ever have.

We have to be so up for first game, to win and make that statement.

Back