Don't want 'lost' title celebration (like Liverpool)

blueballs

Happily thinking about our impending title celebrations, and how the outpouring of joy from fellow Bears 10 years in the waiting will play out.

In normal times, wed be in Ibrox with the players and management, but given the seemingly never ending restrictions, I have no confidence of that happening any time soon.

Certainly not this season, and I'm growing less sure itll even be by the start of next.

Got me thinking bout Liverpool, and there celebrations for last years success. I remember thinking it sad watching the players lift up the trophy on a temp stage in the Kop at an empty stadium. Roll on this season, fans are still not there and given the teams not as successful thus far, it just feels like Liverpool supporters will have missed out on a proper celebration of a title years they'd waited so long for

I'm desperate that doesn't happen for us. Perhaps Liverpool fans had a celebration on the streets, and I read with smiles fellow Bears planning something similar; I just hope this isn't a lost party

We've waited so long, the team deserve so much credit, the Bears are the best support in the world, any notion that we wont or cant celebrate properly, together and in full voice just bothers me.

Go against the doomsday grain here but some fans will get to see us by the season end
I hope so mate, I've always been the one in our household that's been certain things would improve

Was certain wed get our summer holiday last year, then October break, then normal Xmas, more recently Summer Holiday 2021....and always been feckin wrong

Would love for fans to be in there and celebrate with the team

Get what your saying op but all of those liverpool players looked delighted at winning the league. Videos ive seen would seem the fans loved it too.
We will have many parties but doubt we'll be allowed a big one in public officially

Get what your saying op but all of those liverpool players looked delighted at winning the league. Videos ive seen would seem the fans loved it too.
We will have many parties but doubt we'll be allowed a big one in public officially
Absolutely mate, the players will be delighted and rightly so.....they deserve absolutely all the credit and I hope they party crazy in their own "wee bubble"

I'm being purely selfish, wanting to party, sing, cheer and cry in a stadium with 50k Bears and the team, gaffer and coaches all on the pitch lapping it in.

Go against the doomsday grain here but some fans will get to see us by the season end
We've absolutely no chance of being in the stadium this season unfortunately.

Me personally I think I'll book the time off around the final 2 games of the season in May to travel up.

I also want to be in Glasgow whenever we are able to clinch the league mathematically but it looks like that will have to be a tough decision depending how the situation is when that happens.

Absolutely mate, the players will be delighted and rightly so.....they deserve absolutely all the credit and I hope they party crazy in their own "wee bubble"

I'm being purely selfish, wanting to party, sing, cheer and cry in a stadium with 50k Bears and the team, gaffer and coaches all on the pitch lapping it in.
We would all love that mate. Gonna have to settle for getting drunk and making sure my beadrattling neighbours know all about it though :))

If you listen to Sturgeon and Leitch then there is absolutely no chance any fans will be back in the stadium this season. Leitch is telling people not to book holidays until 2022.

Whenever it is it's going to be an absolute pr disaster all covid rules will be flouted. Songs will be sung. Police will be heavier handed than they have been with the Tim's lately. There will be some trouble and we will leave the town a mess.
Canny wait

Whenever it is it's going to be an absolute pr disaster all covid rules will be flouted. Songs will be sung. Police will be heavier handed than they have been with the Tim's lately. There will be some trouble and we will leave the town a mess.
Canny wait
That’s it, and it’ll likely come before the may elections which is a PR success for the nationalists as they visibly deal with unionists on the street with police force. It’s going to be an almighty clusterfuck from a PR side. For example, when Celtic rioted and stood on roofs of police cars and vans and assaulted officers at their last league award, there wasn’t w single arrest during or post. There also wasn’t a single shred of media coverage on the debacle. Remember that when we take over

Thousands of Liverpool fans celebrated outside Anfield when it was won, similar celebrations happened when Leeds and WBA got promotion and for Arsenal winning the cup.

By May we should be in a slightly different situation vaccine wise

On the upside of possibly flouting covid restrictions during the celebrations, Sturgeon will likely remind us of responsibility and not care who it is - so Celtic and Ayr United will get dragged in too!

See if we're still in current conditions.

Can you imagine all the headlines from the rhebel mhedia!!??

"Hooligan Rangers fans flout covid rules to celebrate title", etc, blah , blah!!!

Yet not a peep when the bheasts were ripping apart Torbett Towers!

Can just feel it!!!!!!

I think by may restrictions will have eased slightly , dont think we will have full stadiums but we will be allowed to gather outside

If they would hurry up with these jabs then hopefully we get a proper celebration at Flag day.
I'm actually quite hopeful that the most clinically vulnerable categories will have received their second doses by May*, they account for a huge proportion of covid mortality rates so this could (fingers crossed) really help with easing restrictions.

*based on current vaccination rates

If you listen to Sturgeon and Leitch then there is absolutely no chance any fans will be back in the stadium this season. Leitch is telling people not to book holidays until 2022.
Whereas his English counterpart has his summer holiday booked for Cornwall, international travel I can understand but I imagine this summer to be much like last year with staycations. If you can travel to a hotel, sit in a bar and eat in a restaurant then I can't see why you can't sit your arse inside Ibrox. Game on I say! I fancy it to all work out in our favour

We've absolutely no chance of being in the stadium this season unfortunately.

Me personally I think I'll book the time off around the final 2 games of the season in May to travel up.

I also want to be in Glasgow whenever we are able to clinch the league mathematically but it looks like that will have to be a tough decision depending how the situation is when that happens.
You can't say no chance when every chance will be afforded Glasgow being a host venue for the Euros in June, there's still a chance until there's explicitly no chance. There were fans in stadiums in multiple cities across the UK as recently as December, not 1 person will know what tier restriction Glasgow will be in come April/May especially not death ticker Dr Death Leitch

Optimistic by May.

My fear is police just trying to stop any sort of party at George Sq or Ibrox!

Not that its going to stop us anyway to be fair
The police wont be able to control people getting to the square and if they did it would be a site to behold because the bears will line the streets of the town singing and it will amazing to see.

I’m classed as CEV, so I’ll not be jumping around with a crowd. Think I’ll have my own wee fireworks party though at 9.55pm that night. 55 for obvious reasons, and 9 because it isn’t quite 10. B-D

Last edited:
I’d absolutely love a huge party but I’ll admit I’m genuinely shit scared of catching COVID.
After everything I’ve done to avoid it so far, I’ll personally not put myself at risk.
We have way more class than the mutants.
nyq8xhX.gif

If it happens (too long in the tooth to take anything for granted!) I'll have a celebration with my mates and raise a toast to a few of our friends who have sadly passed since the last time we won the league.

After we beat Hibs on Wednesday night a nice bottle of Moet & Chandon will get placed in the fridge ready to be recovered - and emptied - on the day the title is officially confirmed. Probably late February or early Match. That will do me nicely - for now.

A country-wide co-ordinated firework display, if we can't celebrate in large groups. Covid is real folks, don't be taking unnecessary risks.
Either way I'll be wiping tears from my eye, it's been a long ten years.

Optimistic by May.

My fear is police just trying to stop any sort of party at George Sq or Ibrox!

Not that its going to stop us anyway to be fair
They done nothing when the bheasts took to the streets to celebrate their tainted trophy they were given thanks to a rigged vote and a Zoom meeting.

You can't say no chance when every chance will be afforded Glasgow being a host venue for the Euros in June, there's still a chance until there's explicitly no chance. There were fans in stadiums in multiple cities across the UK as recently as December, not 1 person will know what tier restriction Glasgow will be in come April/May especially not death ticker Dr Death Leitch
I absolutely hope you are right but I am so certain this will be the case. Opening stadiums encourages mass movement of people and creates crowds on public transport, and will not happen in the next 4 months in my opinion.

I'll be absolutely delighted of course if I am proven to be wrong.

I’ll be at George square and Ibrox and there’s nothing anyone can do to stop me or the thousands of others who will go. Even all the armchair fans I know are talking about it. I will not be missing this for the world and think it’s frankly mental anyone would unless they themselves or they live with someone who is at serious risk of covid. Assuming it’s late March then trophy day in May then most adults nevermind vulnerable people should be vaccinated, even in Scotland where it’s going slower.

Socially distant celebrations in your own house would be a total damp squib for what is going to be the biggest title we’ve won in at least 25 years, possibly ever.

If we are in Tier 3,4 full lockdown we should not be going to the stadium or George Sq. I hate these restrictions and I don't agree with a lot of them but 50k of people crammed into George is a breeding ground, especially with eveyone pissed and hugging each other and singing. We will be completely critised as a group of supports and dragged through the mud. Celebrate at home, get the tunes going and sing in your garden until your hearts content.

It will be gutting not to be up at Ibrox with the players celebrating together but lets keep everyone safe and lets not tar the name our club and support.

Lets hope we are in a better place by the last home game and we can get some crowd in to Ibrox and have some sort of party with the players. Fingers crossed.

Hope so mate, might be the best to hope for..

...still sad the players and gaffer wont be there

Would love to show them face to face what it means
I will take the fine and take the virus to celebrate this. That sounds terrible, but Im sorry this season will only happen once and i aint giving a fukc for any authorities when we win it. If it kills me i will die a happy man

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be great if restrictions eased enough and the vaccine had been given to a huge % of the population come the time we win the title this season that allowed some fans into the stadium and allowed safe gatherings.

Happily thinking about our impending title celebrations, and how the outpouring of joy from fellow Bears 10 years in the waiting will play out.

In normal times, wed be in Ibrox with the players and management, but given the seemingly never ending restrictions, I have no confidence of that happening any time soon.

Certainly not this season, and I'm growing less sure itll even be by the start of next.

Got me thinking bout Liverpool, and there celebrations for last years success. I remember thinking it sad watching the players lift up the trophy on a temp stage in the Kop at an empty stadium. Roll on this season, fans are still not there and given the teams not as successful thus far, it just feels like Liverpool supporters will have missed out on a proper celebration of a title years they'd waited so long for

I'm desperate that doesn't happen for us. Perhaps Liverpool fans had a celebration on the streets, and I read with smiles fellow Bears planning something similar; I just hope this isn't a lost party

We've waited so long, the team deserve so much credit, the Bears are the best support in the world, any notion that we wont or cant celebrate properly, together and in full voice just bothers me.

Under normal circumstances I would be at Ibrox, under current climate, that may not be possible. Hope people adhere to what ever restrictions we are under. Don't want the achievement being over shawdowed. After Manchester the lies by press we don't want to give them any amo.
If we can go to Ibrox then it be celebration at home with my Family.

Last edited:
I’d absolutely love a huge party but I’ll admit I’m genuinely shit scared of catching COVID.
After everything I’ve done to avoid it so far, I’ll personally not put myself at risk.
We have way more class than the mutants.

Totally agree with your post.

Unfortunately, as demonstrated by this thread already, we have fans who will think 55 is a valid enough reason to ignore serious public health restrictions and probably travel from throughout the country to gather en masse in Glasgow.

Ironically, many of these will have criticised the recent shark throwing behaviour from the east end during the pandemic but unfortunately some have a “if they do it, it’s ok for us to do it” mentality - I can never understand why folk use these idiots as a benchmark for their own behaviour.

I genuinely fear the press and others will use any potential public gatherings to celebrate 55 as a stick to beat us with and try and outshine our achievements on the park by the behaviours of a minority.

We’ve been to hell and back as a Club and a support over the last 9 years and the Club is currently making massive strides in every department including PR - let’s not spoil that.

We'll be threatened with the jail - garaunteed , we're seen as the bad guys unlike the luvable rogues from the east

Everyone in Scotland already has their opinion on us.

I really struggle to find any fu.cks to give when it comes to the reaction from fans of other clubs, the media, politicians and other luvvies in general.

I certainly won’t be letting folk that hate us stop us from celebrating such a big title win. Others are free to do so but me and thousands of others won’t be missing this opportunity, especially considering the double standards that have been at play for the last year regarding mass protests etc

Back