Don't want 'lost' title celebration (like Liverpool)

If bears here in Belfast can remember, when the league was stopped last season and handed to the scum. They flogged west Belfast in there cars doing a convoy with flags. Complete shite show.

Probably best for The Lounge rather than in here. I know you are not - entirely - serious and I'm sure you would 'die happy'. However, what if its your wife, mother, child, brother etc that it kills as a result of you bringing it home? You content to live with that?
I live on my own. Wont be killing anybody

The fact we are so far ahead should give those in charge time to prep for this.

Something live on RTV to keep us at home and have a few cans while we watch.

Missed out on celebrating my birthday and graduation because of this shit show. I don’t think there’s any chance I could stop myself from partying when we win the league, I’ll try to be responsible and isolate before/after, wear a mask and not kiss any grannies

Hotel now booked for trophy day. Family up north live to far away for taxi home on the Saturday so got myself and family travelling sorted for that night. Will George square be fenced off? Will most likely head to other venue?

Hotel now booked for trophy day. Family up north live to far away for taxi home on the Saturday so got myself and family travelling sorted for that night. Will George square be fenced off? Will most likely head to other venue?

Il be in Glasgow that day.

If main places are fenced off, and only 5 of us appear at St Enoch Centre then so be it.... it will still be a party.

At least next season we should be back in Ibrox and able to see the players do a lap of honour with the trophy. Liverpool fans won’t even get to see the team with the trophy in the flesh as it will be back in Man City’s hands by the time they get back to a full Anfield again.

Ibrox should be open for it. There is no reason not to. 3 reasons to:

- Bears are going to congregate regardless, what difference does it make if its edmiston drive and George square or in our seats. You could argue that it would be safer in the stadium.

- In 6 weeks time, we should have had about 80+% of the adult population vaccinated. People can then make a call whether they want to go or not.

- It will be a good tester event ahead of the euros.

Clearly it wont be open. But it should.

Go against the doomsday grain here but some fans will get to see us by the season end
Really hope so Arkanoid but if it happens how do they decide who attends?
Is it the folk that are vaccinated who are in with a better shout...so basically the elderly and medically vulnerable? Can't see that causing anything but utter anarchy and for that reason I don't think any of us will set foot in Ibrox this season sadly.

No matter what police/politicians say there's going to be large crowds gathering for a celebration on trophy day. Due to large numbers of people crammed into city centre would it not be possible to have an organised gathering at one of the large parks within the city. That way we can celebrate in large numbers but have more space rather than packed into a smaller area like George Square.

No matter what police/politicians say there's going to be large crowds gathering for a celebration on trophy day. Due to large numbers of people crammed into city centre would it not be possible to have an organised gathering at one of the large parks within the city. That way we can celebrate in large numbers but have more space rather than packed into a smaller area like George Square.

They'd rather let us gather and shout at us on telly.

Really hope so Arkanoid but if it happens how do they decide who attends?
Is it the folk that are vaccinated who are in with a better shout...so basically the elderly and medically vulnerable? Can't see that causing anything but utter anarchy and for that reason I don't think any of us will set foot in Ibrox this season sadly.
Until we can all get in nobody should get in.

Letting the old and vulnerable back in first because they have been vaccinated first is an utterly horrendous slap in the face to the younger healthy generation that have had to waste over a year stuck in the house to protect those groups.

Happily thinking about our impending title celebrations, and how the outpouring of joy from fellow Bears 10 years in the waiting will play out.

In normal times, wed be in Ibrox with the players and management, but given the seemingly never ending restrictions, I have no confidence of that happening any time soon.

Certainly not this season, and I'm growing less sure itll even be by the start of next.

Got me thinking bout Liverpool, and there celebrations for last years success. I remember thinking it sad watching the players lift up the trophy on a temp stage in the Kop at an empty stadium. Roll on this season, fans are still not there and given the teams not as successful thus far, it just feels like Liverpool supporters will have missed out on a proper celebration of a title years they'd waited so long for

I'm desperate that doesn't happen for us. Perhaps Liverpool fans had a celebration on the streets, and I read with smiles fellow Bears planning something similar; I just hope this isn't a lost party

We've waited so long, the team deserve so much credit, the Bears are the best support in the world, any notion that we wont or cant celebrate properly, together and in full voice just bothers me.

I live 200 metres from the Kop. The streets were bouncing till 3am. Ive got video and pics but dont know how to post.

The next day the fans were going crazy at the water front.

The press didnt attack them the way they attacked us.

Last edited:

Letting the old and vulnerable back in first because they have been vaccinated first is an utterly horrendous slap in the face to the younger healthy generation that have had to waste over a year stuck in the house to protect those groups.
Agree mate.
I get the logic behind why they decided to target the elderly and medically vulnerable first but have said all along that it should have been the fit and able first as they are the majority of people that go to work every day and mingle in the general population more often - for me it would make sense to get these folk done which would play a large part in getting the economy back up and running then target the other categories. There is 2 sides to the argument though.

Try saying that to their faces...

tenor.gif

Jesus. Rampant ageism.

Ive isolated and wasted a year stuck in the house despite the fact that SOME people including the young have been ignoring all pleas to follow the restrictions.

When we were allowed to go out for a "substantial meal" and a drink, I was in a pub and saw this young guy walk out the toilets without even washing his hands. Claty doesnt cover it in normal circumstances but during a pandemic?

Anyway I agree its all or none at least not based on age, sex, race etc.

Optimistic by May.

My fear is police just trying to stop any sort of party at George Sq or Ibrox!

Not that its going to stop us anyway to be fair
It's actually in the police interest to contain it to one location. It is political pressure that will attempt to enforce this.

Despite the hysteria, it was incredibly sensible decision making from the police to march the fans from Ibrox to George Sq - allows maximum police resources in the one contained area with minimum disruption to residents.

Regarding some previous posts around 'catching COVID' I strongly recommend going and doing some research into outdoor transmission - You are far more likely to catch it with 3 friends in your house than with 30,000 in George Sq.

Jesus. Rampant ageism.

Ive isolated and wasted a year stuck in the house despite the fact that SOME people including the young have been ignoring all pleas to follow the restrictions.

When we were allowed to go out for a "substantial meal" and a drink, I was in a pub and saw this young guy walk out the toilets without even washing his hands. Claty doesnt cover it in normal circumstances but during a pandemic?

Not ageism at all. I included the vulnerable in that aswell which could be any age.

Obviously there have been younger people breaking guidelines but there has also been plenty of older people breaking them aswell.

The end of your post is in agreement with only letting people in when we can all get in anyway, so we will leave it there.

Jesus. Rampant ageism.

I don't think WS was being ageist, he was making a valid point that it would be a slap in the face if the elderly and vulnerable were allowed back into Ibrox before others due to being vaccinated..all of us or none of us as we all agree has to be the way forward.

The point you make about the young guy not washing his hands is indeed clatty and especially reckless given that we're in a pandemic however I don't know how many old men and women have stood a bawhair away from me in supermarket queues with their mask dangling under their nose breathing all over me. There are ignorant people from all age brackets out there, not just the young.

Not ageism at all. I included the vulnerable in that aswell which could be any age.

Obviously there have been younger people breaking guidelines but there has also been plenty of older people breaking them aswell.

The end of your post is in agreement with only letting people in when we can all get in anyway, so we will leave it there.

You've highlighted older people so that's ageism.

The Natzis didnt just kill Jews but they were still anti semitic.

I don't think WS was being ageist, he was making a valid point that it would be a slap in the face if the elderly and vulnerable were allowed back into Ibrox before others due to being vaccinated..all of us or none of us as we all agree has to be the way forward.

The point you make about the young guy not washing his hands is indeed clatty and especially reckless given that we're in a pandemic however I don't know how many old men and women have stood a bawhair away from me in supermarket queues with their mask dangling under their nose breathing all over me. There are ignorant people from all age brackets out there, not just the young.

Sorry but he was trying to blame the elderly and vulnerable for him having to isolate. Thats ageism.

Sorry but he was trying to blame the elderly and vulnerable for him having to isolate. Thats ageism.
To be fair the whole point in staying at home is primarily to protect the elderly and vulnerable from contracting the virus as they are more likely to require hospital attention hence the protect the NHS slogan.

To be fair the whole point in staying at home is primarily to protect the elderly and vulnerable from contracting the virus as they are more likely to require hospital attention hence the protect the NHS slogan.

People of all ages can catch the virus. The lockdowns were designed to "protect the NHS" from being overwhelmed. Nothing to do with age.

They reckon over 80% of deaths were in the 80 plus age range, many in care homes ( including my father in law).

The point is the poster is making out he stayed at home and wasted a year to protect the elderly and the vulnerable. I stayed at home too, as instructed, to "protect the NHS".

Im not blaming the NHS and no one should blame the elderly and vulnerable.

There's far too much of a blame culture in society.

Wrong. The govt was at pains to point out that you and me were asked to stay at home to "protect the NHS".
Yes, protecting the NHS by limiting the chance of the old and vulnerable contracting the disease and needing hospital treatment.

At this stage I have known many people personally to have caught the illness and given their younger age and general health none of them needed hospital treatment.

I won't get back in as I'm of an age that hasn't even got the first shot of the vaccine yet.

If others can get back in safely then they should go for it. Why should others not be able to enjoy themselves because of my circumstances?

I had no problem staying at home to protect those groups but through no fault of my own I am not yet eligible for a vaccine and I will be less than impressed if this prevents me getting back to football at the same time as other groups I was told I was protecting.

Yes, protecting the NHS by limiting the chance of the old and vulnerable contracting the disease and needing hospital treatment.

At this stage I have known many people personally to have caught the illness and given their younger age and general health none of them needed hospital treatment.

What do you mean you had no problem staying at home? You said you'd wasted a year isolating because of the elderly and vulnerable and it was a horrendous slap in the face if they got into Ibrox before you.

I guess you'll be pissed off at the idea of vaccination passports with all those lucky old people going on holiday while you're stuck in the house wasting your life?

People of all ages can catch the virus. The lockdowns were designed to "protect the NHS" from being overwhelmed. Nothing to do with age.

They reckon over 80% of deaths were in the 80 plus age range, many in care homes ( including my father in law).

The point is the poster is making out he stayed at home and wasted a year to protect the elderly and the vulnerable. I stayed at home too, as instructed, to "protect the NHS".

Why do you keep making it seem like vulnerable somehow only goes hand in hand with older people?

I have a brother who is diabetic and younger than myself, he falls into the vulnerable category.

Nothing to do with ageism.

What do you mean you had no problem staying at home? You said you'd wasted a year isolating because of the elderly and vulnerable and it was a horrendous slap in the face if they got into Ibrox before you.

I guess you'll be pissed off at the idea of vaccination passports with all those lucky old people going on holiday while you're stuck in the house wasting your life?
I had no problem staying at home to protect the vulnerable, but I will absolutely have an issue if a day comes that those groups get to enjoy life again before me simply because I am not yet eligible for a vaccine because I am not also vulnerable.

It would be a horrendous slap in the face and there’s no other way of looking at it.

I won't get back in as I'm of an age that hasn't even got the first shot of the vaccine yet.

If others can get back in safely then they should go for it. Why should others not be able to enjoy themselves because of my circumstances?
That’s awfully noble of you.

Personally I will have a great issue with not being allowed to attend events simply because I am not eligible for a vaccine yet that I don’t honestly believe I will even need.

Why do you keep making it seem like vulnerable somehow only goes hand in hand with older people?

I have a brother who is diabetic and younger than myself, he falls into the vulnerable category.

Nothing to do with ageism.

It was you that mentioned the elderly. Im referencing the vulnerable because you included them and then tried to claim you weren't being ageist.

Instead of elderly and vulnerable why not insert black and women in your post?

Anyway. Lets not get too worked up. If you're lucky one day you might be elderly. The alternative is death.

WATP

I honestly didn't read it that he was being ageist and I could see the point being made.

Sorry to hear about your father in law, that's horrible mate.

Main point we all agree on is we all go back when safe to do so not selected people.

I didn’t call a 50 year old elderly?
no i mean in general with that stay at home message, our vulnerable have been vaccinated the large majority anyway .

if people are claiming they are staying at home to protect the elderly or vulnerable NOW then they are in a way referring to that age group as vulnerable or elderly as we are working on them now lol

I’m quite happy to settle winning the league in any way shape or form.

Just our luck that we can’t be there.

Suspect various parts of Glasgow and pockets of areas across Scotland will be rammed with bears anyway.

Champions League nights, would be gutted to miss out on those.

Champions league nights will be full capacity. Or i should say, should be full capacity.

Jesus. Rampant ageism.

Aye but he probly washed his hands at the sink inside the toilets before he walked out?

I honestly didn't read it that he was being ageist and I could see the point being made.

Sorry to hear about your father in law, that's horrible mate.

Main point we all agree on is we all go back when safe to do so not selected people.

A guy I went to high school with caught it and died too. A really nice guy. A very well known bluenose Albert Jukes.

Its just the luck of the draw mate. I had it for 12 awful days but Im fine now even though Im in the vulnerable group. To be honest life is overrated anyway.

Agree mate.
I get the logic behind why they decided to target the elderly and medically vulnerable first but have said all along that it should have been the fit and able first as they are the majority of people that go to work every day and mingle in the general population more often - for me it would make sense to get these folk done which would play a large part in getting the economy back up and running then target the other categories. There is 2 sides to the argument though.
So the people who are more likely to carry it without being ill should use up the vaccine first while they go about their business carrying it to people who may die? I’m not sure there’s 2 sensible sides to that tbh.

A guy I went to high school with caught it and died too. A really nice guy. A very well known bluenose Albert Jukes.

Its just the luck of the draw mate. I had it for 12 awful days but Im fine now even though Im in the vulnerable group. To be honest life is overrated anyway.
It is in a way down to luck I suppose, which the chances can be reduced by following simple advice.

Glad you've recovered fully.

I've highlighted the last thing you said there above - that's quite a worrying thing to read from someone mate. If you're struggling and need to speak to someone there's loads of like minded folk on here who can try to help. Myself included.

Get big screens put up in Bellahouston Park (make sure they work,unlike the ones at Manchester!) and let us all watch the trophy being lifted in a large area together.

Keeps us off the streets at Ibrox and City Centre and we can party together.

Get it sorted.

Back