Dornan and NBM have their say

Terry Tibbs

Clubs must be held liable for chants, MSP demands
Elizabeth Burden
February 22 2019, 12:01am, The Times

Rangers manager Steven Gerrard condemned the abuse handed out to his Kilmarnock counterpart Steve Clarke

Calls for strict liability to be introduced to Scottish football have been renewed after sectarian chanting directed at the the Kilmarnock manager at Ibrox.

The system would hold clubs responsible for consistent failures to tackle sectarianism and is already employed by Uefa in Europe.

Rangers fans at Wednesday’s match have been accused of shouting “19th Century Terrorist bastard” at the Kilmarnock manager Steve Clarke.

James Dornan, the SNP MSP for Glasgow Cathcart, wrote to Rangers, Celtic, the Scottish Football Association and Scottish Professional Football League yesterday, calling on them to support his member’s bill on strict liability and to meet his cross-party parliamentary group on combating sectarianism in Scottish society.

“It’s clear we’ve scuttered round this for far too long — there’s no sign of it going away — and the behaviour of the last week has shown this is still a huge problem in Scottish football,” he said. “For a manager like Steve Clarke to say he’s so delighted he didn’t bring up children in Scotland because of this is a terrible indictment.”

Steven Gerrard, the Rangers manager, said at a press conference that the club was doing its best to stamp out offensive name-calling. The club added in a statement: “Rangers wishes to make it clear unacceptable behaviour will not be tolerated at Ibrox. Everything possible will continue to be done to eradicate this kind of behaviour.”

However, Mr Dornan said that the club’s promise was “empty words”. “These clubs will know who these people are because they sit in the same seats every week; it’s all season ticket stuff. They’re scared of the knock-on affects to their attendances. The SFA and SPFL don’t deal with it because they’re in thrall to Celtic and Rangers,” he said.

David Scott, from the anti-sectarianism charity Nil By Mouth, backed Mr Dornan. “Scottish football has run away from this for the past ten to 15 years,” he said.

However, Labour MSP James Kelly said legislation to tackle sectarianism already existed.

Usual drivel from Dornan and NBM.
Heard him on the radio there.
No shame in associating himself with Irish Republicans, hypocrite!

If I call someone a *** it’s not because they are a catholic, it’s because they are an IRA supporting bigot.

The chants directed to Clarke were probably out of order, w@&£er was sufficient but again his complaints lack consistency as do those by NBM and Dornan!

Neither are fit for purpose given there continued desire to only get involved when it goes one way. If they want to be taken seriously come out and make their feelings known every time there is an incident not just when it involves Ranger being the villain.

The biggest problem with both NBM and the SNP is they are full to the brim with bigotry, they are run by people with agendas left right and centre and they hate everything Protestant and British. Until they change their attitude and accept that there are others (and our fan base isn’t whiter that white) that need to be held accountable they can never and will never be taken seriously

Usual drivel from Dornan and NBM.
Heard him on the radio there.
No shame in associating himself with Irish Republicans, hypocrite!

If I call someone a *** it’s not because they are a catholic, it’s because they are an IRA supporting bigot.

The chants directed to Clarke were probably out of order, w@&£er was sufficient but again his complaints lack consistency as do those by NBMhanks and Dornan!
Nil by Mouth are a sham of an organisation they did NOTHING about the mhanks with all their stuff I contacted them and they did NOTHING they should be called Nil By Mhanks.

Last edited:
Dornan is desperate to push through this strict liability, which I worry would be especially bad for us regardless of the behaviour of a minority of fans.

Who would oversee this, Shifty MacLennan and his impartial staff at the SFA? The SNP hordes? Bernhard Higgins? Joe Fitzpatrick? The unscrupulous BBC Sportscene gang?

We need to state that it’s not a football problem. It’s a society problem. What’s different in Scotland, especially in the West of Scotland, that makes the situation worse? Dornan, and other politicians are afraid to mention ‘the elephant in the room’. Football is an easy target for them and avoids them looking at the real cause.

NBM are a sham of an organisation that have been exposed as hypocritical w@nkers by numerous posters on this site regularly. Dornan is a biased buffoon with no self awareness regarding his own leanings that render the label bigot for him spot on. As Shropshire Bear and Ubik point out, the real elephant in the room is the one that not one politican or social commentator (read Catholic minded idiot) will address is the root cause of Sectarianism.
And let's also factor in the SNP's odious omission of sporting and religious organisations in the Historic Child Abuse inquiry - that says more about them and their mindset. Putting child welfare behind votes and the reputation of a football club that conspired to allow pederasty on an industrial scale is shocking, scandalous and morally repugnant.

There is going to be a big push for strict liability. Then other clubs fans will fight to get rid out it like they did with OBAF act when they realise it will affect them too.

James Dornan, Spiers, etc thrive on the sectarianism industry. They have nothing else to offer the country so this keeps them gainfully employed and they have no interest in sorting it.

Parasites.

Nil by Mouth are a sham of an organisation they did NOTHING about the mhanks with all their stuff I contacted them and they did NOTHING the should be called Nil By Mhanks.

Remember an excellent post by a bear on the old board showing up NBM for the one sided sham it is. He had sent them 2 emails, one posing as a Rangers fan and one posing as a Celtic fan complaining about sectarianism at football. The “Celtic fan” got a reply almost instantly and was fairly long from what I remember highlighting all the work they are trying to do to eradicate anti catholic bigotry.

The Rangers fan got a reply eventually and at that it was about 2 lines.

I’m sure other posters will remember the thread and explain it in more detail.

Dornan is desperate to push through this strict liability, which I worry would be especially bad for us regardless of the behaviour of a minority of fans.

Who would oversee this, Shifty MacLennan and his impartial staff at the SFA? The SNP hordes? Bernhard Higgins? Joe Fitzpatrick? The unscrupulous BBC Sportscene gang?
Dornan can push for whatever he wants but it is against FIFA regulations for any government intervention in football.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...b/03/fa-warns-against-government-intervention

The only ground he could make up in this is public opinion forcing it through. However Celtic will be at the very least as much against this as ourselves. As well as the bigotry they would get hammered for showing support for a proscribed terrorist organisation.

With regards strict liability and the government trying to push it, I thought the likes of FIFA and UEFA didnt like governments getting involved in football matters and if they did santioned the football authorities. Can someone clarify? Cheers

and meanwhile it not a problem for the Killie fans to be up to their knees in Ayr blood or the Dundee fans up to their collective knees in Arabs blood? Of course not it’s only anti ‘Celtic’ chants that are being called out as sectarian. They call themselves unrepentant - Is it the ‘bastard’ bit that offends the rhebels?

Remember an excellent post by a bear on the old board showing up NBM for the one sided sham it is. He had sent them 2 emails, one posing as a Rangers fan and one posing as a Celtic fan complaining about sectarianism at football. The “Celtic fan” got a reply almost instantly and was fairly long from what I remember highlighting all the work they are trying to do to eradicate anti catholic bigotry.

The Rangers fan got a reply eventually and at that it was about 2 lines.

I’m sure other posters will remember the thread and explain it in more detail.

Gomacgers was the poster in question IIRC .

James Dornan, Spiers, etc thrive on the sectarianism industry. They have nothing else to offer the country so this keeps them gainfully employed and they have no interest in sorting it.

Parasites.
Dornan actually causes it

maybe if we stop separating children at 5 or less due to their parents beliefs then we will get nowhere.
This is it and it will NEVER EVER change untill this is stopped.
I'm on the outside looking in living up north.
Where ever u stayed determined what school u went to where I come from.
Untill that changes nothing else will!!

The very fact Dornan, a Rangers hating crackpot, is trying to introduce football legislation shows what a laughing stock government involvement is in this problem. Dornan buys into "the Klan", "incubators", and various crackpot conspiracy theories.
I note he didn't write to Kilmarnock. This tells me he's the type of amateur who doesn't see beyond the old firm while he screeches accusations at Rangers supporters of anti catholic bias in his loud simian voice.

Dornan is leading the charge to have us shut down , make no mistake. He's not even listening to what the club has said. His intolerance just oozes out. He wants blood.
Rangers must speak out about the double standards in Scottish football. I don't understand why we have had consecutive boards who continually allow their own brand to be damaged in such a fashion.
As for strict liability, you just know that when Lawell eventually agrees to it, he's struck a deal with Dornan.

If anyone actually offended though?

If Clarke wins the game does he mention this torrid abuse? He's just a bitter prick who can't accept a bad result.

Society is fucked. The day football fans are banned from calling some a [insert adjective] bastard is a sad sad day. What about Scotland fans with English bastard, calling someone a fat bastard, are these to be deemed out of bounds too?

Clarke has stirred up a pile of absolute pish here because he is a terrible loser.

The issue with strict liability as being discussed here is what is classed as sectarian in this country. What we sing/say is and what they sing/say isn’t!
Until that is fully resolved, possibly in a court of law, and not just passed off as ‘banter’ when directed at us we will get hammered every time.

I don’t remember Septics apology for their fans bahavoiur on Sunday.
Why no comment from them? Of course that’s rights it’s just a Rangers problem
They don't apologise as the supporters are also a seperate entity

So that's the compliance officer, VAR and strict liability to shaft us over.

How can they ramp it up even more, and they will. Scottish equivalents of Belsen and Buchenwald ?

This strict liability stuff, it will end up like “ Trial by Sportscene” where one club (us) get whatever punishment they decide for whichever songs they decide are sectarian/offensive yet the other clubs (mostly them) will be treated differently and not receive as harsh punishments.

It will end up being Stewart, Sutton and Hartson combing over everything during our games on a Monday morning and nothing been said about any other team.

The songs have to stop at games, we know that but as with the compliance officer stuff etc it needs to be done fairly against EVERY club, not just us.

Anyone got the video of Rangers players and staff arriving at Parkhead earlier this season.

Be good for Dornan and NBM to listen to that. Gerrard's an "orange Judas bastard" apparently haha

Clubs must be held liable for chants, MSP demands
Elizabeth Burden
February 22 2019, 12:01am, The Times

Rangers manager Steven Gerrard condemned the abuse handed out to his Kilmarnock counterpart Steve Clarke

Calls for strict liability to be introduced to Scottish football have been renewed after sectarian chanting directed at the the Kilmarnock manager at Ibrox.

The system would hold clubs responsible for consistent failures to tackle sectarianism and is already employed by Uefa in Europe.

Rangers fans at Wednesday’s match have been accused of shouting “19th Century Terrorist bastard” at the Kilmarnock manager Steve Clarke.

James Dornan, the SNP MSP for Glasgow Cathcart, wrote to Rangers, Celtic, the Scottish Football Association and Scottish Professional Football League yesterday, calling on them to support his member’s bill on strict liability and to meet his cross-party parliamentary group on combating sectarianism in Scottish society.

“It’s clear we’ve scuttered round this for far too long — there’s no sign of it going away — and the behaviour of the last week has shown this is still a huge problem in Scottish football,” he said. “For a manager like Steve Clarke to say he’s so delighted he didn’t bring up children in Scotland because of this is a terrible indictment.”

Steven Gerrard, the Rangers manager, said at a press conference that the club was doing its best to stamp out offensive name-calling. The club added in a statement: “Rangers wishes to make it clear unacceptable behaviour will not be tolerated at Ibrox. Everything possible will continue to be done to eradicate this kind of behaviour.”

However, Mr Dornan said that the club’s promise was “empty words”. “These clubs will know who these people are because they sit in the same seats every week; it’s all season ticket stuff. They’re scared of the knock-on affects to their attendances. The SFA and SPFL don’t deal with it because they’re in thrall to Celtic and Rangers,” he said.

David Scott, from the anti-sectarianism charity Nil By Mouth, backed Mr Dornan. “Scottish football has run away from this for the past ten to 15 years,” he said.

However, Labour MSP James Kelly said legislation to tackle sectarianism already existed.
Means nothing unless you call it all out otherwise it doesn't look good does it

Dave Scott said "please give us more money so I can keep stealing a living".
It's nearly April. The Government will be setting the budgets for the new tax year about now

Lucky for him this happened at the right time

Nil by Mouth are a sham of an organisation they did NOTHING about the mhanks with all their stuff I contacted them and they did NOTHING the should be called Nil By Mhanks.

They are but that is nothing new and why our support need to be a bit more savvy.

maybe if we stop separating children at 5 or less due to their parents beliefs then we will get nowhere.
Z6lK7Nc.gif

Means nothing unless you call it all out otherwise it doesn't look good does it

the precise point we are all making
but as it doesn't suit certain peoples agendas its "whataboutery"

example - do Partick fans still sing "f*** the pope and f*** the queen"
all for the banter of course

Back