Dorrans has had a set back

️SG: Defoe is a doubt, Lafferty is a doubt. Goldson is fine. Grezda is still a little bit away. Murphy has started kicking balls but he won't be back until the last few games of the season. Dorrans has had a setback but we are not sure to the extent of it just yet.

️SG: Defoe is a doubt, Lafferty is a doubt. Goldson is fine. Grezda is still a little bit away. Murphy has started kicking balls but he won't be back until the last few games of the season. Dorrans has had a setback but we are not sure to the extent of it just yet.
Has he been analysing the same footage as our esteemed compliance officer :))

Just trying to lighten the mood :rolleyes:

That thug Power has potentially ended his career after Dorrans waiting his whole life to get his dream move to Rangers. Gerrard rates him very highly as well and he'd have got a chance to cement a place this season if he was fit.

The f*cking thug didn't even get booked for the assault on Dorrans as well.

Seems the peak for Dorrans' Rangers career was his first league game. All been downhill since.

Our injuries are horrendous as usual . For a wee while there we were very un-Rangers like in that we had almost a full squad to pick from with the exception of Dorrans/Murphy .

Now it’s suspsenions to Morelos, Mcgregor and injuries to Arfield, Murphy , Dorrans, Lafferty , Defoe , Grezda the list goes on.

There is always some cretin who says "just pay him off" or "just cut our losses" in these types of threads. Does my box in. You can't just cancel a player's contract because they are injured. Everyone should know that by now.

Of course you can, I'm no saying just get rid of him if he's injured but if a player looks like they will be of absolutely no use to us on the pitch we can come to an arrangement where the player is paid off.

Pay him off it’s time accept he is finished
10k minimum a week for 18 months, I'd rather keep him in the hope we can utilise a goalscoring midfielder at some stage. Surely that's a better bet than somehow finding a seven million sum to offload yet another midfielder? There is no money tree and I'm sure this is why we have been overly patient with JR and GD mainly because we have to be

There is always some cretin who says "just pay him off" or "just cut our losses" in these types of threads. Does my box in. You can't just cancel a player's contract because they are injured. Everyone should know that by now.

It’s hardly a radical opinion to think we should maybe come to an agreement with him and let him go is it?

He’s had more injuries than appearances while he’s been here and is clearly at the tail end of his career.

He’ll be on a very decent wage and we’ve not had anything in return.

I'd try and come to an agreement with him in the summer.

He's cost us a lot of money and we have barely seen him play for us, and when he has been available he was played in a much deeper role than he was used to.

Of course you can, I'm no saying just get rid of him if he's injured but if a player looks like they will be of absolutely no use to us on the pitch we can come to an arrangement where the player is paid off.

It’s hardly a radical opinion to think we should maybe come to an agreement with him and let him go is it?

He’s had more injuries than appearances while he’s been here and is clearly at the tail end of his career.

He’ll be on a very decent wage and we’ve not had anything in return.

So an injured player is to just accept a pay off and give up the treatment and rehabilitation that they were promised in their contract (and in Dorrans' case also give up playing for his boyhood team)?

If we are seen to be just giving up on players and chucking them on the scrap heap when they are having injury problems, how is that going to look to our signing targets of the future?

Think about it.

Absolutely no luck at all and I suspect we won't be seeing him much, if at all, in a Rangers top again.

I'd try and come to an agreement with him in the summer.

He's cost us a lot of money and we have barely seen him play for us, and when he has been available he was played in a much deeper role than he was used to.

Yeah I'm sure he will be happy to give up his medical care and some of his future wages :rolleyes:

Give the guy a break. He is trying his hardest to get fit ,wants to play for us , supported us all his life. And when he gets injured playing for us some people want us just to get rid of him . Sometimes I despair at some of our support. This is the time to get right behind him and give him all our support. I really hope he gets back to full fitness and form.

And yet if we go on a bad run some on here will still say him or Rossiter will be the key when they are back.

Dorrans is 31, if he doesn't recover and establish himself with us he'll be looking at dropping a level professionally. I personally hope he comes back stronger than ever as we need his quality, but it isn't looking positive.

Back