Dorrans : The Foreign Lads Know This Club Is World Renowned

NorseGod

6982789.jpg

THE badge on the front of the jersey will always be more important than the name on the back.

And Graham Dorrans knows Rangers need the men inside them to stand up and be counted as pressure builds on the Light Blues.

The midfielder realised his lifelong ambition when he moved to Ibrox in the summer and put pen-to-paper on a three-year deal with his boyhood heroes.

It hasn’t been a nightmare start to his dream campaign, but there is no doubt that Dorrans would have expected better in the opening weeks of the season.

The 30-year-old was one of eleven new recruits that boss Pedro Caixinha brought to Rangers but the Portuguese’s signing record has come under increasing scrutiny throughout an inconsistent run of performances and results.

Former Gers midfielder Charlie Adam stated on Sunday that ‘more British players’ were needed as Caixinha’s side crashed to a damaging defeat to Motherwell in the Betfred Cup semi-finals.

But Dorrans insists the Ibrox foreign legion know exactly what is expected of them this season as Rangers look to transform their fortunes sooner rather than later.

He said: “It is difficult to come and play for this club. It is a massive club.

“Everyone knows that. I have said that before.

“But everyone in that dressing room knows the standards needed to play for this club.

“Unfortunately, on Sunday we didn’t reach those standards and that is ultimately why we paid the price.

“We just need players who can go out and win games. Whether they are from Portugal, Columbia, Brazil, anywhere in the world, doesn’t matter. It doesn’t matter if they’re British.

“As long as we go out and win games, that’s what we need. We need winners. At the moment, we’re not winners because we’re not winning games.

“I think there is a bit much made of that (Scottish players knowing about Rangers).

“The foreign boys who have come over know this club is renowned worldwide. You don’t just hear about Rangers when you’re about to sign. Everyone knows about this football club.

The foreign lads may know that the club is renowned worldwide,but they have to learn the privilege of playing for this world renowned club,and the expectations that come with it.

I don't think the foreign, or the Scottish lads for that matter, have done particularly bad individually

The main problem is our manager's minging system and the fact our play has zero pattern to it

Charlie Adams says.... What small minded, xenophobic morons in this country always say. We don't need British, we need good. I don't care if we field a Martian.
Exactly. The issue isn’t where they come from because of where they come from. There is an argument about settling in a country with a different language and a significantly different climate though.

I don't think the foreign, or the Scottish lads for that matter, have done particularly bad individually

The main problem is our manager's minging system and the fact our play has zero pattern to it
That is also true. Constantly humping it long and high and shouting ‘Charge’ is not going to work that often.

6982789.jpg

THE badge on the front of the jersey will always be more important than the name on the back.

And Graham Dorrans knows Rangers need the men inside them to stand up and be counted as pressure builds on the Light Blues.

The midfielder realised his lifelong ambition when he moved to Ibrox in the summer and put pen-to-paper on a three-year deal with his boyhood heroes.

It hasn’t been a nightmare start to his dream campaign, but there is no doubt that Dorrans would have expected better in the opening weeks of the season.

The 30-year-old was one of eleven new recruits that boss Pedro Caixinha brought to Rangers but the Portuguese’s signing record has come under increasing scrutiny throughout an inconsistent run of performances and results.

Former Gers midfielder Charlie Adam stated on Sunday that ‘more British players’ were needed as Caixinha’s side crashed to a damaging defeat to Motherwell in the Betfred Cup semi-finals.

But Dorrans insists the Ibrox foreign legion know exactly what is expected of them this season as Rangers look to transform their fortunes sooner rather than later.

He said: “It is difficult to come and play for this club. It is a massive club.

“Everyone knows that. I have said that before.

“But everyone in that dressing room knows the standards needed to play for this club.

“Unfortunately, on Sunday we didn’t reach those standards and that is ultimately why we paid the price.

“We just need players who can go out and win games. Whether they are from Portugal, Columbia, Brazil, anywhere in the world, doesn’t matter. It doesn’t matter if they’re British.

“As long as we go out and win games, that’s what we need. We need winners. At the moment, we’re not winners because we’re not winning games.

“I think there is a bit much made of that (Scottish players knowing about Rangers).

“The foreign boys who have come over know this club is renowned worldwide. You don’t just hear about Rangers when you’re about to sign. Everyone knows about this football club.

Please just do your talking on the park… because so far …you have been a massive let down.

there is a difference knowing the club is world renowned and playing to a world renowned standard.
Dorrans as a player who showed class in the premiership but has yet to show class in our team which is a concern and a disappointment.

All you need to do is look at prso and novo as examples of how you don’t need to be home grown to fight for every ball and have this football club at your heart.

Just not been good enough yet some of them. Hopefully they come good soon.

If anything the foreign lads have shown more passion because they seem to be playing for Pedro, with the exception of Pena.

Charlie Adam isn't the brightest. We had a team full of lower league English journeymen last season and that didn't seem to do us any good.

It's not the nationality that is the problem, its the quality of player.

Yeah but does Graham Dorrans? An absolute coward when things get heated and has been a failure all in.

I keep reading these comments about Dorrans and just cant agree. Sunday for example he operated in what was a two man midfield with Pena and Windass being so poor. Teams play as a team funnily enough and whilst it may be possible to carry one passenger now and again but not 50% of the midfield.

Quality not nationality is the requirement. It's not rocket science,and if that quality comes with a dollop of desire all the better.

Having read the full article I thought his views on Kenny Miller were of more interest than the "foreigners".

I keep reading these comments about Dorrans and just cant agree. Sunday for example he operated in what was a two man midfield with Pena and Windass being so poor. Teams play as a team funnily enough and whilst it may be possible to carry one passenger now and again but not 50% of the midfield.

Correct.
With Windass and Pena posted missing we were two short in the midfield,that never ends well.

You mean launching high balls to a lone striker who's about 5ft 9 when he's being marked by 3 monsters doesn't work?

I knew this would turn into a Dorrans bashing thread. Sick of this place and the clowns that actually don’t understand how football works.

What do you expect him to say? Every player at some stage will have to do their media duties. Most times they are told what to say, that’s why teams have a press officer. What players say and what they mean are 2 completely different things! But it’s still met with nonsense like “do your talking on the pitch” or “I would rather they kept their mouths shut” and the likes.

Just gives people more of chance to do what they love, slaughtering our players for any old reason. Dorrans has done absolutely nothing wrong in this interview.

Fed up reading the ‘we’ll do better next time’ stuff now.

Do your talking on the park or not at all thanks.

So by the same had Carlos Peña has been a revelation and lived up to his billing for scoring some goals? Dorrans has been an absolute letdown and totally anonymous when things get tough. His legs are gone and he's not been at the races bar maybe 2 games. A couple of goals here or there doesn't hide that fact.

Don't talk p1sh! Dorrans is the second top goalscorer and is one of the top for assists in the league!

Quality not nationality is the requirement. It's not rocket science,and if that quality comes with a dollop of desire all the better.

Having read the full article I thought his views on Kenny Miller were of more interest than the "foreigners".

Shit sick reading about Miller mate.

Every other day near enough there are threads on him and he's done next to nothing to merit the column inches he has this season.

So by the same had Carlos Peña has been a revelation and lived up to his billing for scoring some goals? Dorrans has been an absolute letdown and totally anonymous when things get tough. His legs are gone and he's not been at the races bar maybe 2 games. A couple of goals here or there doesn't hide that fact.
Maybe take up another hobby mate, if you think Dorrans has been an absolute letdown compared to others then football just isn't for you.

Im getting pretty jaded with words like these nothing to do with Graham but it seems we have been hearing soundbites like this from the players for seasons now after bad performances which there have been far too many of them, we need our team to start talking on the pitch and quickly and not trying to appease the fans with comments all the time

Wish our club would just pull all media, regroup and start talking on the pitch only.

I am sick of these little one liners being made into articles and talking points. Ex Ranger Charlie Adam says we need more British players.... what like him?

Hindu, Jew or cockafuckingtoo, I am sure NONE of us really care... if they are winners on the park and bring us back to having a team to be proud of again then that is all that matters.

Take us out of this misery Rangers ffs, its been too long being this shite.

Where is the whole article?

Dorrans has been as disappointing as the foreign lads a few glimpses of talent aside.

He SHOULD be giving us so much more on the park than he has been.

Has any other club suffered more "Foreign lads do/don't know what it's all about" crap more than us ?
Same whenever there's a discussion about a new manager, we get plenty of our own on here who insist the manager has to be either an ex-player or a high profile British manager because they 'know what its all about'.

Then we laugh at the bheasts for their 'sellik-minded' pish without any hint of irony.

We’re you not listening? It’s not about patterns anymore, it’s about moments.

I am becoming more and more convinced that there are more Tims than bears on this forum.

Either that, or we have the world’s biggest ever gathering in one place of non playing footballer football fans.

I’m off to work

Somebody with Charles Green as an avatar joined on Sunday and started a thread. Some folk agreed :eek: Place is hoaching with them and trolls baiting.

Wish our club would just pull all media, regroup and start talking on the pitch only.

I am sick of these little one liners being made into articles and talking points. Ex Ranger Charlie Adam says we need more British players.... what like him?

Hindu, Jew or cockafuckingtoo, I am sure NONE of us really care... if they are winners on the park and bring us back to having a team to be proud of again then that is all that matters.

Take us out of this misery Rangers ffs, its been too long being this shite.
Don’t care where our players come from as long as they show fight and desire to win games.

Same whenever there's a discussion about a new manager, we get plenty of our own on here who insist the manager has to be either an ex-player or a high profile British manager because they 'know what its all about'.

Then we laugh at the bheasts for their 'sellik-minded' pish without any hint of irony.

"Sellik-minded" is a thing unto itself, in fairness

Back