Dorrans

Albertz Was King

Don’t let the goal statistics and the occasional decent display fool you.

Guy is painfully average and has the heart of a mouse

He hid and didn’t wanta battle today yet in the final minutes he starts to think if he shows a bit of fight, he will get off the hook. It was the same against Celtic where he shat his pants for 89 minutes then decided he would look like he had some dig for the last few mintes.

Not a fan of him as a character and as a player he is incredibly negative, literally passes backwards for fun.

Unbelievably slow and weak as well.

Being a Rangers fan seems to get you far enough these days. Happened with Halliday, he was dog shite but was awrite cus he hates the pope and the ira

Had a discussion at the end with my mate who said the same.

Out of the midfield today it looks as though RJ was the best and he only just gets pass marks

He didn't hide. We played a long ball game for 90 minutes which completely bypassed the midfield

As an aside, why are you not a fan of him as a "character," mate? That's a really bizarre comment for me. I've met Graeme a few times and you could not meet a nicer guy who is more passionate about Rangers
I must clarify that I’m not a fan of his “football character”.

We all know players who when it’s going well can really show they have ability but when the game is going against them, they fall apart.

He falls into that category for me.

In the centre of the pitch we need those who can battle and play.

He hid in the sense he took the easy way out time after time, in other words playing backwards and not looking to control, get turns and play forwards.

I must clarify that I’m not a fan of his “football character”.

We all know players who when it’s going well can really show they have ability but when the game is going against them, they fall apart.

He falls into that category for me.

In the centre of the pitch we need those who can battle and play.

He hid in the sense he took the easy way out time after time, in other words playing backwards and not looking to control, get turns and play forwards.

Ah, fair enough. Honestly, as a midfield two, him and Jack definitely don't mix well. It's not a nice balance at all. We're crying out for some dynamism in there

Has been one of the biggest disappointments of the season, think I just expected too much from him. Few posters are right, there is a reason he is back in the SPL

People expecting too much as usual. He's a good low level EPL squad/periphery player. He has never been the main man or a leader to take a game by the scruff of the next. He's a compliments player but has nobody to compliment.

When are we going to stop judging players on a game to game basis?

After St Johnstone he was lauded and petitions were being scribbled to get him a Scotland call up

Knee jerk reaction pish

Totally agree. Some people are incapable of forming an overall opinion.

Dorrans has been relatively average since he signed, but this hero to zero shite is brain dead pish.

He’s too slow, and doesn’t have the legs to get about the pitch it appears.

I don’t see a championship winning team having Dorrans in it.

Or Pena, Herrera, Windass, Cardoso, Dalcio, Holt, Candeias.

Maybe try Dorrans in a position that isn't a defensive duo and then judge him.

Our formation is the problem nearly all the teams we are playing are using 5 man midfields you need to be Paul pogba to counteract a midfield that has more players in their midfield than we have. If we measured up and played with a 5 man midfield like our opponents then I believe that we would control and win more games.

Playing 2 in midfield with Pena off the striker is asking for trouble. With the squad we have Holt. Or Windass centrally are the only options we have! Pena has been dire in every big game we've played

I agree on all of those, but the OP was about Dorrans.

To me he does have license to get forward, I just don’t think he has the legs to get box to box, and we need that type of midfielder.

Listen we all want a bear to do well for us, but so far with Dorrans two big test against Celtic and today he hasn’t cut it.

I’m not sure other players would be cut the same slack.

When are we going to stop judging players on a game to game basis?

After St Johnstone he was lauded and petitions were being scribbled to get him a Scotland call up

Knee jerk reaction pish

The knee jerk reaction was people lauding him after St Johnstone because besides that he has been awful all season and is another dreadful signing.

quite frightening that on the back of that performance graham dorrans gets singled out. but then again we shouldn't be surprised as for years at rangers the local lads get the brunt of it. "being a rangers man means you get away with it"? do me a favour. barry ferguson, kris boyd, andy halliday, lee mcculloch, alan hutton, kyle lafferty. the list is endless. guys like candeias run about like headless chicken and get lorded as warriors. yet he takes a tackle of kieran tierney in an old firm and lays down for 10 mins and shys out the rest of the game. bruno alves rolling about after a tussle with moult today (oh and pulls out of an old firm clash because of a "tight calf") yet he's a hard man. Out of the 3 mentioned I know who I would rather have at Rangers

Very frustrating player. Seems to want to feint to kick the ball or do a rubbish wee cryff turn instead of moving the ball on quickly and keeping play flowing. Slows us down

Don’t let the goal statistics and the occasional decent display fool you.

Guy is painfully average and has the heart of a mouse

He hid and didn’t wanta battle today yet in the final minutes he starts to think if he shows a bit of fight, he will get off the hook. It was the same against Celtic where he shat his pants for 89 minutes then decided he would look like he had some dig for the last few mintes.

Not a fan of him as a character and as a player he is incredibly negative, literally passes backwards for fun.

Unbelievably slow and weak as well.

This is nonsense from start to finish.

Norwich fans I work with told me his legs had gone.

He's certainly not a patch on the player he was squad player that's about it .

Well thought out reply. The first league game of the season excepted, Dorrans has offered absolutely nothing. He consistently goes missing. For someone to claim he has been our best player this season is just laughable.

It didn’t need to be a thought out reply consideringly the post before was nonsense!

He’s never hid, always wants the ball, and wants to try and make things happen. Not his fault players aren’t on his wavelength. We can see his frustration from the stands.

Has he been our best player this season? Probably. Has he offered something in each game he’s played in? 100%. Have his teammates been up to his level? Nope.

Think it is more we have not got the right balance in midfield, he played a lot better with holt beside him.
Our best performances this season coincidently happened when the Dorrans and Jack partnership was split up.
It's so bloody obvious that the engine room of the team needs a Fecking engine in it. Right now that needs to be Holt. In time Rossiter.

Well thought out reply. The first league game of the season excepted, Dorrans has offered absolutely nothing. He consistently goes missing. For someone to claim he has been our best player this season is just laughable.

Did you miss the past 2 games before today where he was clearly man of the match?

Sorry mate but you are talking drivel.

Back