Dorrans

Dorrans had the chance to take out Brown in the last OF game in a 40/60 tackle, he wouldn't have won the ball but he had a legitimate chance of letting Brown know he was there and bottled it. I knew then he wasn't the player we needed in the middle of the park. Even Hugh Burns said in the commentary at the time, go on take him and then groaned when it didn't happen, probably at the same time as me. Souness would have went right through him given the same chance. We are sadly still lacking that midfield enforcer.

Dorrans should not be playing next to Jack and behind Pena.

He should be playing in Penas position with Holt in next to Jack.

He was garbage today albeit not alone in that.

Disappointing after the last couple of games where he looked better, but overall his start with us has been average.

Of course he isn’t the player he was at West Brom 5 years ago - if he was he wouldn’t be here.

Dorrans was never the midfield enforcer some on here want him to be. He was more forward midfield at WBA etc normally in 3 man midfield. We are getting outnumbered in there must games. Also today their 2 up front pushed up well and stopped us playing out and both teams played long ball most of game

Dorrans last few games he’s played well. Today, he was a waste of a jersey. He must take the criticism when it’s merited.

I like Dorrans but he was desperately disappointing today - I actually thought he had been subbed at one point in the second half.

Being a Rangers fan seems to get you far enough these days. Happened with Halliday, he was dog shite but was awrite cus he hates the pope and the ira

Its actually the complete opposite. Rangers supporters always become the whipping boys as is clearly evident from this thread.

Hadn't seen him play for ages before he signed but the fact he hasn't had a Scotland call up since 2009 did alarm me considering how poor our national team is

I will go against the grain here I thought he was playing well today his passing was excellent but then we just missed out the midfield and played long.

To get the best of Dorrans we need to get him on the ball 10/15 yards further forward and because of the way we play we don't use him in the way we should imo.

I will go against the grain here I thought he was playing well today his passing was excellent but then we just missed out the midfield and played long.

To get the best of Dorrans we need to get him on the ball 10/15 yards further forward and because of the way we play we don't use him in the way we should imo.

Pretty much agree with that.

I did think Dorrans was quite poor today. Looked as though at some points he was hiding.

Given that our tactics mainly seemed to be to isolate Morelos and then punt the ball in his general direction, I'm not sure what Dorrans could have done to impose himself on the game.

Yes he didn't affect the game very much, but the ball was flying over his head a lot.

Goes into hiding too much for me,thought he would have showed up in the O/F game. Would have been better off with Naismith at least he would battle.

He’s too slow, and doesn’t have the legs to get about the pitch it appears.

I don’t see a championship winning team having Dorrans in it.
Most would be when as part of a midfield 2 your up against a 3 every week.....and the manager refuses to change it.

Most would be when as part of a midfield 2 your up against a 3 every week.....and the manager refuses to change it.

The manager is far from blameless, but that doesn’t excuse players from taking responsibility. For me Dorrans hasn’t lived up to his billing thus far.

The manager is far from blameless, but that doesn’t excuse players from taking responsibility. For me Dorrans hasn’t lived up to his billing thus far.
When he gets the ball he has 2 options really in Morelos or Candeias, well when Candeias isnt mopping up defensively for Tavernier. The one in front of him and the one on the left do shite all.

When he gets the ball he has 2 options really in Morelos or Candeias, well when Candeias isnt mopping up defensively for Tavernier. The one in front of him and the one on the left do shite all.

I don’t agree.

Plenty of times today included he had John, Windass, Candeias and Morelos in front and he decides to take a touch, turn back the other way and the momentum is lost. His lack of being able to get about the pitch is also noticeable, we need legs in the middle of the pitch and he doesn’t have it. I’d argue he has been only slightly better than Halliday so far and he wasn’t good enough either.

Dorrans was poor today I agree. However he is being played too far back to be effective. About his tackling,he never could tackle its not his game.
Build a solid base in midfield with Jack and Mcrorie with Dorrans further ahead in midfield. He can shoot,see a pass and is a decent finisher

I’d sit Pena out on Wednesday and move Dorrans further forward with Holt in beside Jack.

Either that or a 4-4-2 with Jack & Dorrans together and Herrera partnering Morelos.

Maybe Miller, Wallace and Dorrans want Pedro out?

You're probably right but that raises some issues.

What happens if any new manager comes in and they don't like him?

What happens if a new manager comes in and some of the other players dont like him?

What about the fans? Do these players not care if we lose just as long as they get a nice new boss that they like?

Dorrans was poor today I agree. However he is being played too far back to be effective. About his tackling,he never could tackle its not his game.
Build a solid base in midfield with Jack and Mcrorie with Dorrans further ahead in midfield. He can shoot,see a pass and is a decent finisher

I agree.
The midfield needs some presence and backbone added to it.
Young McCrorie might well be the one to add that vital ingredient.

Drop Pena, play Dorrans there, put Holt beside Jack until Rossiter gets fit (if he ever does). Buy Mclean, Moult and Walker in January.

Spend whatever it takes to get a suitable manager. let him and your DOF put a 3-5 year plan in place.

Dorrans so far has been an imposter.
Perhaps not all his own fault.
I like Pedro on the whole, he's a very enthusiastic guy, clearly has football knowledge in abundance, gets Rangers.
However we need a manager that can come in and get the best out of the players.

I look at Rodgers and whats he done for them. Several of their players pre Rogers their fans wouldn't have blinked an eyelid had they moved on. Armstrong, Brown etc but last season they were integral to their season and we need a similar workings from our own manager.

I think we should spend a substantial amount more on getting the best manager we can possibly get, someone with a proven track record of improving players and being hard to beat.

Who that man is I've no idea but I don't get paid the big bucks to make those sort of decisions.

I think Pedro is 1 more howler away from the bullet.

A lot of the support have turned and it's very hard to return after that.

Matter of time now I think.

After the last few matches in which he played very well, I was expecting more in such an important game. He was poor today but not the worst by a long way. Therein lies the problem.

Goes into hiding too much for me,thought he would have showed up in the O/F game. Would have been better off with Naismith at least he would battle.

Give Naismith those 3 chances Windass had yesterday and guaranteed he finished at least 2 of them.
That's the difference.

Totally agree. Some people are incapable of forming an overall opinion.

Dorrans has been relatively average since he signed, but this hero to zero shite is brain dead pish.

Well said. It does my head in reading it almost weekly on here of a variety of players and other staff.

I was at game and standing bit away but did anyone else see Dorrans giving Nemane tight for giving the ball away at the second goal? Seemed to me to go on for a wee while and Dorrans seemed quite animated.

He just doesn't have the legs to produce consistently. Looked good against 10 man St Johnstone but I'm still not sure what his role is supposed to be

To be fair to Dorrans, and Jack for that matter, the number 10 in front of him was absolutely anonymous and looked like he was hiding most of the game. Anytime Peña did get the ball to feet he took too long with it and was robbed or it just never stuck to him.

A good number 10 should provide a link to the deeper midfield players to play off of, Peña just never provided that at all yesterday. He was like a man down.

I think overall Dorrans was ok but not great yesterday. Made some loose passes but managed to retrieve a couple back also.

I can't get my head around Dorrans he's either being played too deep or is he just average and past his best.

Dorrans should not be playing next to Jack and behind Pena.

He should be playing in Penas position with Holt in next to Jack.
Or Barjonas who played well last year , Holt isnt the answer, we saw how poor he was last season in the tim games etc, good guy and works hard but thats it, i would give him a chance though for a few games but i know what will happen.

unfortunately in the last few years our big players have not stood up and been counted in the big games.Dorrans should be excelling in these games.

I expected big things from him but he's yet to hit the ground running. Unfortunately he's far from being the worst out there.

i dont know why most on this thread think he should be played further forward

he has not played that position in years

theres a reason norwich let him go for the price they did

Back