Dorrans

inverbear112

Dorrans played 90 mins vs fleetwood yesterday , I genuinely can’t believe a fully fit Graham Dorrans isn’t in and around our matchday squad and it appears king has been signed in his kind of role.

Is there anyway back for Dorrans?
I’d honestly thrash out a pay as you play deal for him as his ability is never what was in question, what do others think?

Dorrans played 90 mins vs fleetwood yesterday , I genuinely can’t believe a fully fit Graham Dorrans isn’t in and around our matchday squad and it appears king has been signed in his kind of role.

I’d honestly thrash out a pay as you play deal for him as his ability is never what was in question, what do others think?
Why would he accept a pay as you play deal when he has a contract that gets him paid every week?

Feel for him, but I can't see a way back for him now.

Anyone with long-term injuries will struggle to get into the team now, especially midfield.

He’s under contract so he’s never taking a pay as you play, cause he never plays! It’s not worked out due to long term injury and unfortunately everything has moved on without him.

What is this "fully fit Graham Dorrans" of which you speak?

Not his fault but he's been a disastrous signing. Looked past it before he got injured and seems to have a never-ending series of niggles which keep him out for weeks at a time. We need to cut our losses and move on, even pay as you play would mean he'd have to be firing on all cylinders when he came in and I can't see that happening after such a long time out.

When is he out of contract? Gutted it hasn't worked out for him. If he is fit, loan deal til January is a must for him and us.

Why would he accept a pay as you play deal?

What is this "fully fit Graham Dorrans" of which you speak?

Not his fault but he's been a disastrous signing. Looked past it before he got injured and seems to have a never-ending series of niggles which keep him out for weeks at a time. We need to cut our losses and move on, even pay as you play would mean he'd have to be firing on all cylinders when he came in and I can't see that happening after such a long time out.

A fully fit Dorrans done absolutely %^*& all against the mentally challengeds. Along with Murphy they were meant to take us to the "next level" . Was a huge disappointment and hopefully he finds a new club for both parties

Gerrard can’t trust him to stay fit. How many times was he due back last season but picked up another knock? It’s a shame it’s not worked out but he can’t stay fit.

I saw him at Mansfield in the friendly a weeks ago and he was completely overshadowed by Jamie Barjonas in the centre mid.

He was very poor that day and I say that as someone who was a big Dorrans fan.

With the signing of King, he's even further away from our midfield now.

You have to say that Gerrard has called it right though, as our midfield options are absolutely superb now.

Was overrated before his injury and we have now moved on significantly since. He’s too slow to play in this team. If he was up to it Gerrard would play him. It’s as simple as that.

Really feel for him. A very talented player who was done by a thug at Killie and then brought back to soon by Murty and he's never recovered.

Gerrard really is ruthless though when it comes to moving on from players.
I must say it's what I like about Gerrard.

He isn't unreasonable, people get a chance but he needs to see something pretty quickly or he'll just move on.

He was really unlucky with injuries but I'll be shocked if he ever plays for us again. Hope he gets a decent loan and gets back to playing regularly somewhere though

Got a feeling it's an application issue, he clearly isn't training hard like the rest of the squad, Grezda is the same. If he was he would be in the squad. Gerrard is savage and if you don't hit those high levels you are gone, Halliday is a shining example of this IMO, limited ability, 110% application.

Can see him either being paid off, or getting a loan just before the window closes with us picking up the majority of his wage

King has had a better career than Dorrans. Dorrans hasn't kicked a ball in a long time - mainly due to injury. Even prior to joining Rangers he has fitness issues.

He's clearly not in our plans so we need him off our books as the squad is just too big.

I doubt Dorrans will play another game for our first team and wouldn't be surprised if there was already a negotiated deal where he leaves at the end of the window with a pay off.

Doubt the likes of Hearts, Hibs or even Motherwell would have place for him now. A real shame

He was done when he got here and had been on the decline for several years .

I feel for him but he’s made a fortune from us for very little contribution,

He’s made a lot of money from football as well as us , If he is such a massive fan he should ask to get his contract ripped up and go elsewhere.

Nope

Dorrans has been unfortunate with all the injuries, but the sooner he moves on the better, for player and club.. A lot of money in fee and wages used up for no return. May sound harsh, but it's money that could have been spent on a left back.

To be honest, and as harsh as it sounds, I don’t think that Dorrans at his fittest and best is good enough for a Gerrard team.

Yeah, when he signed two years back he was a great option as an upgrade on Holt, Halliday and anyone else we were throwing in at centre mid.

Now, he's not better than Davis, Jack or Aribo and he's going to find himself behind Kamara too.

He's maybe on a par with the likes of Docherty and Polster for places in the squad and those two have age on their side as well as the chance to improve where he's at / past his peak.

We've not even through about the possibility of playing Arfield in the middle if required now.

It's a real shame that his chance to play for us was ended by a thug but he's about 9th in line for a place and at that point we should be looking at youth players like Barjonas and Thomson.

We don't need him now unfortunately.

Why would he take a pay as you play deal?

He was done when he got here and had been on the decline for several years .

I feel for him but he’s made a fortune from us for very little contribution,

He’s made a lot of money from football as well as us , If he is such a massive fan he should ask to get his contract ripped up and go elsewhere.

He’s that much of a massive fan, he’s doing the opposite

We have paid Graham Dorrans around £20k a week for 2 years, for a return of 17 games. Not to mention the fee of around £1.3m.

Yes he will be devastated but he needs to move on. He is nowhere near the midfield.

It’s been a waste of money on the scale of Grezda, Pena and others.

Dorrans signing has been unfortunate, Grezda and Peña’s bordered on the negligent.

Was overrated before his injury and we have now moved on significantly since. He’s too slow to play in this team. If he was up to it Gerrard would play him. It’s as simple as that.
Not over-rated at all. His injuries haven't helped, but had he been fit he would have been a good player here.

Time is up unfortunately. Not a question of talent just of ability to remain fit and the fact we now have a larger squad with adequate midfield options.
Like him a lot though, and a good Bear.

This constant run of injuries / few weeks playing before the next run of injuries goes back to before he signed for Rangers unfortunately.

Good lad no doubt and a fan but also a guy who has made plenty money out of the game. He should be actively (i don't know that he isn't tbf) looking for a new club. Get himself over to America or somewhere nice and warm and get the pension topped up to the max.

We need him off the wage bill.

Feel sorry for him but even if he was fit I don’t believe he has the mobility or the pace we require for our style of play these days.

If we can't get him away permanently we should find an SPL club to loan him to. One who could pay as much of his wages as possible.

I am disappointed that it hasn’t worked out for Dorrans. I’ve been a big fan of his over the years. Gerrard can’t think he’s fit enough or playing well enough to be involved and that’s fine by me. It is a shame though, I think Dorrans would been a good alternative to Aribo. It’s easy to forget some of his play before he came to Rangers. He is a very talented and technical player but hasn’t really ever shown it since joining. Maybe he is finished at this level but I’d like to see him go out on a 6-month loan deal to see how he performs before severing ties. At his best he certainly was EPL level. I guess Gerrard and co who see him him in training, etc. will know best.

Back