Dorrans

Like a less talented Kranjcar all over again. Showed flashes of brilliance but clearly a few yards off the pace almost everytime he played. Couple that with constant niggling injuries then the big one that kept him out for what feels like forever...I wouldn't be surprised to see him chuck it once his contract expires. A damn shame but we have no room for sentiment this season.

Dorrans played 90 mins vs fleetwood yesterday , I genuinely can’t believe a fully fit Graham Dorrans isn’t in and around our matchday squad and it appears king has been signed in his kind of role.

Is there anyway back for Dorrans?
I’d honestly thrash out a pay as you play deal for him as his ability is never what was in question, what do others think?

Dorrans & Murphy both goners imo

Hasn't worked out at all and has seen us piss a lot of money away as a result. Not the first and won't be the last time it happens. Wish him all the best for the future.

Genuinely up there alongside some of our worst signings in recent years...not his fault of course but still, dreadful return for our money.

Wonder how many millions we've wasted on the likes of Dorrans, Rossiter, Lafferty, Grezda, Pena, Herrera, Senderos, Barton.

Scary thought.

Got a feeling it's an application issue, he clearly isn't training hard like the rest of the squad, Grezda is the same. If he was he would be in the squad. Gerrard is savage and if you don't hit those high levels you are gone, Halliday is a shining example of this IMO, limited ability, 110% application.

Application issue my arse
Dorrans has never came across like that in all his time at club. He’s been injured for god sake , he even paid his own way to a training camp in the summer in Dubai to try get into shape before preseason commenced

Genuinely think we should offer Murphy and Dorrans to our closest competitor outwith the scum, either Hearts or Aberdeen.

Win/win

The only answer is that we end up paying most of his wage and he goes out on loan to another Scottish team.

Can’t see anyone picking up his wages, and can’t see him being interested in moving down south for a league one club. Hearts would be a good fit for him, the new Don Cowie.

I still don’t understand why people think a fully fit Dorrans would get near Gerrard’s squad anyway? He’s done nothing to show us that in his time here.
Spot on mate, hardly played football for a couple of years and in his thirties.
Some need to let go of dorrans, rossiter etc.
I have my doubts about murphy, but he needs a chance before going down the dorrans route.

Can we please stop this chat about Dorrans featuring again ? it's never going to happen

Last edited:
I would maybe suspect that the footage of him absolutely burst in Ibiza or wherever it was and then getting bottled in the process wouldn’t have done him any favours whatsoever (obviously he can’t be blamed for some scumbag bottling him but he was absolutely hammered in the footage prior to the incident)

The manager seems to be really hardline with his approach to stuff like that take the Lafferty Snapchat business as another example.

Maybe not though, I could be wrong.

We have taken Andy King on loan but Dorrans is a better player than King and King has had as many injury problems as Dorrans in recent years. I don't understand why this has been done. Dorrans is dyed-in-the-wool. He has done everything possible to get fit. In addition, he qualifies as one of our 'home grown' players for the Europa League squad. We haven't been able to register a full squad because of the lack of home players.

We have taken Andy King on loan but Dorrans is a better player than King and King has had as many injury problems as Dorrans in recent years. I don't understand why this has been done. Dorrans is dyed-in-the-wool. He has done everything possible to get fit. In addition, he qualifies as one of our 'home grown' players for the Europa League squad. We haven't been able to register a full squad because of the lack of home players.
Has he done everything possible to make himself available?

Not sure I understand the whole Dorrans episode. Unlucky with injury, clearly earning a shedload of cash, gets fit but continually fails to cut it. Is he one of these players whose ego demands that he is treated as a senior squad member just by default and as such unless he is given some kind of status that reflects it, kind of mentally downs tools?

He surely has grafted hard to get to his level of success in football but is there something else stopping him breaking through? Or... is it that his particular style of play isn't fitting in, or perhaps has he just lost it?

I have to say I have complete faith in SG as the manager. I privately wonder what he sees in some players he has signed but he obviously has a long term vision of where the club is going and who is going to be involved in that journey. Like many here I have sympathy for Dorrans re his injury situation but unless as a player you are performing both at training and on match day [if given the chance to play] then I think the writing is on the wall and you should move on. Kyle Lafferty being a classic example. We already have a large squad and there is no room for passengers whether due to injury or not. It's the competition for places that will make the players perform and make us a better team.

Its just a shame.

He looked a player away at Motherwell in Pedro's first league game.

Injury against Killie seems to have been what finished his Rangers career, he's barely been fit since then.

He’s clearly not in any plans. His family had the hospitality seats in front of me in the club deck for the last 2 years, they haven’t renewed, Defoe’s family have it this year. Shame, used to enjoy talking to his dad at the games!

Genuinely up there alongside some of our worst signings in recent years...not his fault of course but still, dreadful return for our money.

Wonder how many millions we've wasted on the likes of Dorrans, Rossiter, Lafferty, Grezda, Pena, Herrera, Senderos, Barton.

Scary thought.

Pro rata the Pedro era must rank as the worst ever.

Pena, Herrera, Cardoso and Dorrans is something like £6-7m utterly wasted with another hefty chunk squandered on Alves's salary.

Genuinely think we should offer Murphy and Dorrans to our closest competitor outwith the scum, either Hearts or Aberdeen.

Win/win

Reading that Jamie Walker has broken his leg and out for at least 3 months. Walker has being playing in a central midfield attacking role for Hearts so it would be a no brainier for them to take Dorrans on loan from us to cover.

A shame it never worked out for him, after his league debut against Motherwell two years ago it looked like he'd go onto become a great signing.

Even in a fleeting appearance against Villarreal away last season he showed glimpses of brilliance.

Ability is and was never in doubt, just been horrifically unlucky with injuries which has no doubt knocked his confidence immensely.

When we signed Dorrans and Murphy (along with the 'Cumdog') thought all 3 would be terrific signings....

However all 3 have been very poor and all played in hammerings against that mob. Hopefully Dorrans and Murphy find a club this window as not good enough for us and been an absolute waste of two decent wages.

Shows how far we have come though.

Shame really the way it’s worked out but there’s no way back with us.

But hopefully he can’t get over his injury and find a new club

He needs a decent run of competitive games to prove his fitness and regain his sharpness. He certainly isn't going to get that with us just now.
The same could be said for Jamie Murphy, both should look to go on a loan until January and back themselves to find form and comeback and fight for a spot in our squad. If they can.

It's a shame but he's regressed as a player massively when he signed I thought we were getting a top drawer player like during his West Brom days but when he signed although still a decent player was nothing like the player I imagined and he seemed to change his style due to his lack of fitness plenty of quality but the body just isn't letting him show it now without breaking down

Dorrans would qualify as a ‘nation trained’ player. We are required to have 4 of those in our squad - and we do (Halliday, Arfield, Stewart and Jack) so we have our quota. We are required to also have 4 ‘club trained’ players and only have 1 (McGregor). That is why our squad is reduced,

To qualify as a ‘club trained’ player you must have been registered with the club for 3 years from age 15. Bringing Dorrans in doesn’t make our EL squad any bigger therefore.

Dorrans is nowhere close to the player that King is.

Like a less talented Kranjcar all over again. Showed flashes of brilliance but clearly a few yards off the pace almost everytime he played. Couple that with constant niggling injuries then the big one that kept him out for what feels like forever...I wouldn't be surprised to see him chuck it once his contract expires. A damn shame but we have no room for sentiment this season.

I thought he was good in a badly set up team until that scum ball Power crippled him without sanction. It’s a crying shame we didn’t see the best of such a talented player because opposition players are allowed to maim Rangers players with impunity.

Legs where gone before we signed him, bottled it when he came up against Brown as well. One good pass against Villarreal and everyone thought he was gonna he a key player for us, when in truth he’s done

Dorrans played 90 mins vs fleetwood yesterday , I genuinely can’t believe a fully fit Graham Dorrans isn’t in and around our matchday squad and it appears king has been signed in his kind of role.

Is there anyway back for Dorrans?
I’d honestly thrash out a pay as you play deal for him as his ability is never what was in question, what do others think?
He has a probably very lucrative contract for at least another year , he doesn’t need to do anything

Was a passenger in every old firm game he played in so Defos no way back for him in my opinion! Far better players at the club than him

I think we have been angling for an Andy King type signing all summer to upgrade Dorrans place in the squad. I'm a little surprised he wasn't in the initial pre season group and then squeezed out when signings were made. I remember Rossiter flew out to the Training camp yet Dorrans was in the Grezda, Laff camp of zero future.

Was a passenger in every old firm game he played in so Defos no way back for him in my opinion! Far better players at the club than him
Only remember him ever being fit to play in one, a 2-0 away defeat under Pedro. Not sure you can judge it on his OF performance when it's clearly his lack of fitness to play in OF or any game

His injury came at completely the wrong time in that his age was against him and also while he was out Gerrard has built a team without him.

He will still have the same technique but he’s now probably a yard off the pace when it comes to an intense high pressing set up.

One thing for sure though is that nobody will be more gutted about how his time at rangers has worked out than Graham himself.

Only remember him ever being fit to play in one, a 2-0 away defeat under Pedro. Not sure you can judge it on his OF performance when it's clearly his lack of fitness to play in OF or any game

Played in a 5-0 defeat at parkhead, the one we were 5-0 down after 50 mins and was hopeless, not good enough. Not better than any of our midfield options

Back