Dortmund Away

Anyone else had British Airways flights repeatedly cancelled. I ran out of flights I could book.
Had a flight from Heathrow to Düsseldorf cancelled but was able to rebook fairly easily. Actually worked out better time wise, in all honesty.

Just got this update through email from sports options. Just a heads up for those that can make a last minute decision (if we get lucky on an allocation);

Dear Rangers Fan,

We hope you are all keeping well.

Dortmund update.

We have noticed an increase in calls and emails asking if we have any plans for Dortmund.

If fans are allowed to attend the match and visitors are given the minimum 5% allocation our position is that we most certainly plan to operate flights to this game. We have options on aircraft and have coaches booked with a local company that we have dealt with for 25 years.

We operated two flights the last time Rangers were in Dortmund in 1999. It was a great trip but this time hopefully we will get a better result.

We have organised many trips at short notice in the past and wanted to assure you all that if the opportunity arises we will move heaven and earth to get as many of you there as possible.

In the meantime stay well and we hope to see you all soon.

All the best

Everyone at Sport Options

Just got this update through email from sports options. Just a heads up for those that can make a last minute decision (if we get lucky on an allocation);

Dear Rangers Fan,

Dortmund update.

We have noticed an increase in calls and emails asking if we have any plans for Dortmund.

If fans are allowed to attend the match and visitors are given the minimum 5% allocation our position is that we most certainly plan to operate flights to this game. We have options on aircraft and have coaches booked with a local company that we have dealt with for 25 years.

We operated two flights the last time Rangers were in Dortmund in 1999. It was a great trip but this time hopefully we will get a better result.

We have organised many trips at short notice in the past and wanted to assure you all that if the opportunity arises we will move heaven and earth to get as many of you there as possible.

All the best

Sport options RSC

Dear Rangers Fan,

Dortmund update.

All the best

Beat to it :))

I’d booked Eurowings 2 years ago for Leverkusen before the whole world went into locked, spent weeks trying to get some correspondence from them.
Nothing on the phones, email or through the app.
6 months later, got an email from them in German which didn’t make any sense when translated then the next day I was fully refunded.
I’d be patience, they will refund you.

This is sickening.

What a trip this would’ve been if it wasn’t for the German authorities.

Sometimes we think we’ve had it bad in Scotland during COVID, it must be a nightmare being a German.
Holland was worse, they have had total shutdown until today. The shops were opened last weekend. Pubs and restaurants are now opening until 10pm. They are allowing 1/3 capacity from this weekend in theatres and Stadiums. Germany has had most things open the whole time. The one thing for me was a hell is real medical face coverings that we have been wearing from the beginning. Murder to breath in for any length of time. A warning for anyone going, you will get in nowhere without a proper medical mask, FFP2. You will need it at the airports already. Don't think, och I will get away with an ordinary mask as you will find yourself walking around the streets.

Folk who had Eurowings flights cancelled what number did you use?

I'm still struggling to make contact with them. The number I have won't connect, I can't initiate a refund online as my booking number says it's invalid (despite copy and pasting it straight from email) and there's no reply from them from the emails and online forms I've filled out.

Had loads of problems with these fuckers before. Horrible airline when it comes to refunds.
Feeling your pain mate. Took me about 9 months to get refunded for my cancelled Leverkusen flights in March 2020. Zero customer service from this mob.

I actually never clicked when making the booking that it was this mob or I'd have paid a bit more and went with someone else instead.

As I said earlier, it's not so much waiting on the refund - I can reluctantly accept that if it takes ages it's the complete lack of customer service and the frustration of not being able to get in touch with them and claim the refund. Arseholes.
I shudder to think the amount of time I wasted in calls, emails, online chat etc, I even resorted to public humiliation via Twitter. Eventually one day I managed to speak to a pleasant sounding Fräulein and BOOM! cash refunded the next day.

I’d booked Eurowings 2 years ago for Leverkusen before the whole world went into locked, spent weeks trying to get some correspondence from them.
Nothing on the phones, email or through the app.
6 months later, got an email from them in German which didn’t make any sense when translated then the next day I was fully refunded.
I’d be patience, they will refund you.
Same

Markus Söder (Minister President of Bavaria) has a different view that Hendrik Wüst (Minister President of NRW) with the easing of restrictions & crowd number. Based on the comments over the last few days from Wüst he’ll be looking for as little change as possible for the next month at least.

How much did that set you back?

Puma is one of my company's clients and we usually get tickets for the Signa when asked no bother. Asked for a few for this one and they said they could only do one. Not sure that’s a sign that it’ll be a tight crowd!

Last edited:

We will inform you in detail at the beginning of next week about the rules for BVB's subsequent home games against Glasgow Rangers in the Europa League (17.2) and Borussia Mönchengladbach (20.2).

booked my train ticket on tuesday from amsterdam to dusseldorf , still going will be a good trip cant wait for it dusseldorf looks like a great place

Anybody heard anything about us getting an allocation?

Can't remember but have we even been asked to register for this one yet?

Getting close to the having to cancel dates for refunds.

Anybody heard anything about us getting an allocation?

Can't remember but have we even been asked to register for this one yet?

Getting close to the having to cancel dates for refunds.
There's been no email to register, if anything it's going to be last minute over there if anything at all.

Back