Dortmund Away

Selfishly I’m hoping that any away tickets are reserved for people who are German residents :)

In all seriousness, the rules over here (Hamburg) are getting more strict at the moment so I’ll be surprised if the crowd situation changes between now and then.

Do Germany do an update every 3 weeks like us? There must be some sort of indication on if things are likely to change. We knew here we were going from 500 back to full attendances. The data shows it makes no difference. The control governments want over their people is crazy.

Our KLM flights through Amsterdam to Düsseldorf are still active it seems.

Out of curiousity, are people staying in Düsseldorf or Dortmund?

That’s the same route we are doing. What are your flight times?
We are staying in Düsseldorf. Although a few are now saying they probably won’t travel if we can’t get into the game.

I am flying KLM ABZ to Düsseldorf via AMS and these flights will not be cancelled as it’s quite a busy route for them. Will see how things go but I still intend to fly over crowds or no crowds. If there is a chance of getting into the game, we will stay the Wed night in Düsseldorf, Thurs in Dortmund and then the Fri back in Düsseldorf. If no crowds allowed, we will just stay 3 nights in Düsseldorf.

That is provided the pubs are still allowed to open.

That’s the same route we are doing. What are your flight times?
We are staying in Düsseldorf. Although a few are now saying they probably won’t travel if we can’t get into the game.
5:50 Edinburgh, 10:10 Amsterdam, there for 10:55 then right to the nearest pub.

My flight from Manchester to Düsseldorf cancelled an hour ago. Best case scenario considering the current allocation situation.

My Eurowings flight - Manchester - Dusseldorf had the times changed to later in the day Wednesday / Friday but no cancellation. Probably best outcome, as I can not accept the change if we don't get match tickets and get refund or go if we do.

Glasgow - Cologne via Dublin, regardless of tickets etc I’m off work so I’ll be going, staying in Düsseldorf Tuesday - Friday

Seems to much hassle involved just to go to a pub for a drink , would've went for the party if it was normal circumstances but think I'll leave it and use my holidays for a couple days away round here

I've not booked anything yet and won't be if there are no tickets or prospects for getting in. Sitting in the pub under the current restrictions just doesn't appeal.

I was going to go to Hillsborough for the Accy game on the Tuesday before booking a flight for the Wednesday but it's been moved to Wednesday. That will be my back up plan now if I don't go to dortmund.

dreams over now after flights cancelled held a bit of hope but looking too far

to those who make it out enjoy and hope u get in

Flying to Copenhagen then Cologne. Just found out that the German football museum is in Dortmund, looks superb.

Just got our flights sorted out with BA after we had two seperate Dusseldorf flights cancelled.

Now flying 12:50 from Edinburgh to London City then 17:05 to Dusseldorf on Wednesday, 2 nights in Dusseldorf then back at 16:15 on the Friday to Edinburgh via Heathrow.

Our BA flights from London City to Düsseldorf on the Wed. & return on the Fridays were cancelled and rebooked onto flights that were impossible to link up with our BA Gla - Lon City flights.
2.5 hours of web chats & phone calls later last week, we are now booked Gla - Heathrow - Duss return. Better times but need to take another day of work.

We’re considering the ferry from newcastle on Tuesday night returning Friday night. Get the train from there and staying in Düsseldorf. Can’t be arsed booking flights for them to get cancelled again. Still got vouchers from Lyon but can save them for the final. Should be no restrictions by then :D

I was holding out for the daytrip for this but highly unlikely the club or even sport options will sanction a flight with the uncertainty over fans. Probably be a last minute decision like lyon so the indy travellers who are going regardless might hit the jackpot

Eurowings just refunded out flights from manchester that were cancelled all done online with the link in original email

the flights were non refundable at booking it stated but cancellation must have changed the t&cs

Just booked up there, wasn’t planning on going but don’t really get these opportunities a lot. Flying from Manchester to Hamburg then travelling to Dortmund.

We had booked Dublin to Cologne but unless there is fans allowed I think we're gonna give it a miss and save the holidays

Going by the current restrictions for outdoor and indoor sports events these days, it is highly unlikely that away fans will be provided with an allocation anytime soon. So if you plan to go, make 100 % sure that your ticket (if any) is (still) valid.

In any case, you will have to provide that you are either double/triple jabbed or recovered within a certain time space AND will have to provide a negative test for the day of the game. The latter you will probably be able to get anywhere in Dortmund, yet I would assume it is not free of charge for non-Germans.

On a positive note, holders Borussia Dortmund were yesterday knocked out of the German Cup (round of last 16) by 2nd tier St. Pauli, losing 2-1 with Haaland converting a penalty.

At this stage, the admission of a significant number of away fans seems unlikely. However, I'm conscious that the situation can change rapidly. The game is just under a month away and certainly, in UK, the omicron infection rate rose sharply, but also fell sharply within a short space of time.

Going by the current restrictions for outdoor and indoor sports events these days, it is highly unlikely that away fans will be provided with an allocation anytime soon. So if you plan to go, make 100 % sure that your ticket (if any) is (still) valid.

In any case, you will have to provide that you are either double/triple jabbed or recovered within a certain time space AND will have to provide a negative test for the day of the game. The latter you will probably be able to get anywhere in Dortmund, yet I would assume it is not free of charge for non-Germans.

On a positive note, holders Borussia Dortmund were yesterday knocked out of the German Cup (round of last 16) by 2nd tier St. Pauli, losing 2-1 with Haaland converting a penalty.
Am just hoping Germans get the finger out, what is the local feeling like about this?

I take it we've all but given up being at this game "officially" as a support? Any German based bears able to shed some light on things?

I see their games from the weekend continue to be behind closed doors, bunch of Zero Covid kraut freaks!

I take it we've all but given up being at this game "officially" as a support? Any German based bears able to shed some light on things?

I see their games from the weekend continue to be behind closed doors, bunch of Zero Covid kraut freaks!
I wonder what the Germans are making of this.

2700 of them can attend Ibrox and only 750 can attend their home games. Laughable.

Looking ever likely that I'll be giving this a miss. Not booking digs, flights, spending money all just for a day or two in a German boozer. If tickets become available I'll book up last minute but it's just not justifiable to book up as is stands right now for me without a ticket for the game.

I have digs reserved but can cancel up to the day before with no charge.

I'll drive to Dortmund via the Eurotunnel if fans are allowed.

There is an interesting thread by Derek Rae about access to German Football on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/raecomm?s=21

What’s the general feeling, Derek? Do you think there’s much chance of Rangers being given tickets for Dortmund?

Derek Rae
Honest opinion, Garry is it’s too soon to say. There will be another #MPK prior to that & will depend on how the Corona situation looks then. Right now cases are soaring & the view from their Expertenrat is contacts have to be reduced.

Few of us on Glasgow to Dublin > Cologne Wednesday, then Eindhoven to Edinburgh Friday.

Emailed Dortmund about a stadium tour on the Wednesday or Thursday but it's a no go aswell unfortunately.

Few days on the bevy at least I guess.

The governor of NRW Hendrick Wüst has said that he believes it’s too early for easing of any restrictions and discussions about doing so should be off the table.

With each Bundesland having the ability to put their own restrictions in place I’m not confident of any tickets being available for this game.

Back