Dortmund Away

Selfishly I’m hoping that any away tickets are reserved for people who are German residents :)

In all seriousness, the rules over here (Hamburg) are getting more strict at the moment so I’ll be surprised if the crowd situation changes between now and then.
I’m over in Bavaria in May, what’s the talk of crowds returning any time soon mate?

I gave sports options a call last Friday, and the lad said to me, if the German government announce a plan to lift restrictions regarding football fans attending (after Feb 15th), as late as even Feb 10/11th, they will still have enough time to organise a few flights over.
He said they sorted multiple flights for England v Sweden in Russia with a few days notice, as well as England (Rugby) over in Japan with only 5 days notice.

That said, I’m not sure I can see the Germans going from 750 to 80,000 in one go. Hope I’m wrong right enough.

I gave sports options a call last Friday, and the lad said to me, if the German government announce a plan to lift restrictions regarding football fans attending (after Feb 15th), as late as even Feb 10/11th, they will still have enough time to organise a few flights over.
He said they sorted multiple flights for England v Sweden in Russia with a few days notice, as well as England (Rugby) over in Japan with only 5 days notice.

That said, I’m not sure I can see the Germans going from 750 to 80,000 in one go. Hope I’m wrong right enough.
Would you trust the ticket office to get things organised at such short notice though?

Anyone else had British Airways flights repeatedly cancelled. I ran out of flights I could book.

We’ve booked the Tuesday night ferry to Amsterdam from Newcastle and train to Düsseldorf from there. Flying back Saturday. Probably go to Dortmund for the day on Thursday and either watch it in a bar there or return to Düsseldorf. Just want to get away for a few days but not expecting to get into the ground.

This is sickening.

What a trip this would’ve been if it wasn’t for the German authorities.

Sometimes we think we’ve had it bad in Scotland during COVID, it must be a nightmare being a German.

Looking ever likely that I'll be giving this a miss. Not booking digs, flights, spending money all just for a day or two in a German boozer. If tickets become available I'll book up last minute but it's just not justifiable to book up as is stands right now for me without a ticket for the game.
Our group saying the same, will be day trip for us but the only issue is 2 likely wouldn’t get on a club trip if it was running (due to being shafted with TC) so would need to see if SportOptions ran a flight

Feels like another Lyon all over again

Folk who had Eurowings flights cancelled what number did you use?

I'm still struggling to make contact with them. The number I have won't connect, I can't initiate a refund online as my booking number says it's invalid (despite copy and pasting it straight from email) and there's no reply from them from the emails and online forms I've filled out.

Had loads of problems with these fuckers before. Horrible airline when it comes to refunds.
am in same boat, I emailed and they said it would be in my account.....still waiting <<<

Probably just look at moving flights for this and move the trains so I get to keep them all

No chance of us getting in now after that allocation and would rather keep the holidays for europe next season rather than sitting in a german pub

Pubs close at 11 over there as well just now

My heads burst with this now. Went through all the crap with Lyon and now having more of the same with this.
We have 9 or 10 booked. Some still want to go, but most want to knock it on the head. I have booked 6 of them and it will be a pain in the arse trying to spilt the booking. I think my days as a trip coordinator are coming to an end:confused: It’s been nothing but grief and hassle of late.

Probably just look at moving flights for this and move the trains so I get to keep them all

No chance of us getting in now after that allocation and would rather keep the holidays for europe next season rather than sitting in a german pub

its wise but am still up for it

Had a Ryanair voucher as flights to cologne for the Leverkusen game last year got cancelled

Was going to use to go over for the Dortmund game but given the current level of restrictions I applied for a cash refund yesterday

Shame Dortmund would have been a good trip

Do banks pay out that way?

I just started a credit card dispute with them this morning as I paid for the flights with my credit card.

I'm not impatient - I waited 8-weeks for a refund the last time (Leverkusen game) but the fact that they won;t acknowledge or reply to my emails or let me log in to their site using the booking reference they sent me when I booked (says no booking information found?) means I'm just cutting out the bullshit and going straight to my credit card provider instead.
yes its under that term if I remember

What do we reckon about this going ahead last minute? Hoping that the club will do a day trip for this one tbh.

Never thought of that, will play a big part in people deciding to go I would have thought.

If a decision about away allocation can’t be made until the very last minute perhaps dortmund will sell tickets for the away section over there for bears that have travelled if there isn’t enough time for it to be done officially through Rangers ?

I've got annual leave to use before April anyway, might aswell enjoy a few days away.

I've emailed the Dortmund ticket office about a private tour for upto 15 people for a Stadium tour on the Friday morning, would cost about a tenner each, if they give it the go ahead I'll have a few spaces if anyone's interested?

The public tour times aren't possible for us with the tlme our flights are at.

I've got annual leave to use before April anyway, might aswell enjoy a few days away.

I've emailed the Dortmund ticket office about a private tour for upto 15 people for a Stadium tour on the Friday morning, would cost about a tenner each, if they give it the go ahead I'll have a few spaces if anyone's interested?

That museum of football in Dortmund looks good anaw

4 of us decided to go whatever.
Glasgow - Heathrow - Dusseldorf on the Wednesday back Friday,
Staying in Dusseldorf.

Potentially 5 of us really keen for this mate

We’ve booked the Tuesday night ferry to Amsterdam from Newcastle and train to Düsseldorf from there. Flying back Saturday. Probably go to Dortmund for the day on Thursday and either watch it in a bar there or return to Düsseldorf. Just want to get away for a few days but not expecting to get into the ground.
Doing the exact same as you so there will be at least a few bears in the Dortmund bars watching the game.

If a decision about away allocation can’t be made until the very last minute perhaps dortmund will sell tickets for the away section over there for bears that have travelled if there isn’t enough time for it to be done officially through Rangers ?
think that would only be possible if that was Dortmund going back to full crowds , can you imagine a restricted crowd then Dortmund selling away tickets ......

i'm actually thinking that Dortmund can't do this

think that would only be possible if that was Dortmund going back to full crowds , can you imagine a restricted crowd then Dortmund selling away tickets ......

i'm actually thinking that Dortmund can't do this
Is there not some kind of decision on crowds in Germany being made the week of our game ? If, fingers crossed, full crowds were hopefully allowed after that then hopefully we will get the away end.

Back