Dortmund Museum

Done quite a few tours and Musuems. Boca Juniors Musuem was very interesting and probably the best. Also really enjoyed Red Star Belgrade and Hajduk Split. Ac Milan have a decent one at their admin HQ, enjoyed watched the videos there of past seasons. Genoa was a good Musuem as well. Having a clued up guide makes a massive difference and being able to ask questions and learn loads - the Boca and Red Star guides were brilliant for that.

Done quite a few tours and Musuems. Boca Juniors Musuem was very interesting and probably the best. Also really enjoyed Red Star Belgrade and Hajduk Split. Ac Milan have a decent one at their admin HQ, enjoyed watched the videos there of past seasons. Genoa was a good Musuem as well. Having a clued up guide makes a massive difference and being able to ask questions and learn loads - the Boca and Red Star guides were brilliant for that.

Did you take a game in when at Boca?

Boca v Riverplate is on my bucket list.

Ajax was good from what I can remember... great pics of ex gers and loads of good info from the tour guide. For ex they strive to produce players to move on to Spain etc for the benefit of the national team.

Taken my little Nephew on a few this last year, he’s only 6. At Liverpool and Arsenal the tours were done with a headset, Leicester and Man U weren’t and he enjoyed the latter two much more and so did I. Think having a guide really involved makes a huge difference and it definitely would in a museum, the conveyor belt style at Clubs like Ac/Inter Milan and Liverpool isn’t too good for me. Leicester was a really good tour, seen a lot and learnt loads there.

[url=https://postimg.cc/QB3N70kJ][/URL]

Came across this and seen its in the Dortmund Museum. I know we have various pennants in trophy room and shields given by various teams across Europe. Couple things 1.Whats been your favourite museum visit and what can the club learn from that.
2. Whats the most interesting Rangers artifact you have came across while visiting another team
Been in there ,some place , Stadium is something else aswell.

Yeah, went to Boca River mate. I want to get over to Argentina again next year - been twice for Football and it’s another level.
Thats interesting as me and some mates are seriously considering it. Any recommendations re time of year to go, airlines and hotels?

Thats interesting as me and some mates are seriously considering it. Any recommendations re time of year to go, airlines and hotels?

I went in early May in 2008 and 2009. Weather was ok, shorts weather till 5 then a little nippy. Thinking of going in March next year when it’s end of their Summer. Went in a variety of places accommodation wise from rented apartments that were flash but reasonable price wise to £7 a night Hostels! Flew with AirFrance both times I think but been looking at KLM for March - think you do well get a return for £750 from UK. Tickets were easy, went through an organised trip from the Hostel (backpackers like but did the job), think it’s maybe harder now though for that match. Did lots of other games off me own back that were bloody brilliant. Try go when Copa Lib is on midweek so more opportunities for matches.

Was at that game and the away tie...in Germany big DJ scored ball clearly behind the line goal not given! We went through anyway

I went in early May in 2008 and 2009. Weather was ok, shorts weather till 5 then a little nippy. Thinking of going in March next year when it’s end of their Summer. Went in a variety of places accommodation wise from rented apartments that were flash but reasonable price wise to £7 a night Hostels! Flew with AirFrance both times I think but been looking at KLM for March - think you do well get a return for £750 from UK. Tickets were easy, went through an organised trip from the Hostel (backpackers like but did the job), think it’s maybe harder now though for that match. Did lots of other games off me own back that were bloody brilliant. Try go when Copa Lib is on midweek so more opportunities for matches.
Excellent info buddy. Thanks.
Thinking of either spring or Autumn and happy to stay in hostels as we do that when travelling in Europe although glad they've taken the "youth" out of the name...lol

Excellent info buddy. Thanks.
Thinking of either spring or Autumn and happy to stay in hostels as we do that when travelling in Europe although glad they've taken the "youth" out of the name...lol

Tell you what I did enjoy - went to Montevideo for the day, £70 3 hr boat each way. Went to Nacional and Penarol Stadiums and went their Museums, love to go a match there. Steaks brilliant in BA as well - La Cabrera the best going and huge portions!

I've done a few.

Enjoyed Benfica's the most.

Had a bit dedicated to every decade of their history with club trophies, memorabilia but also an insight to what was happening in the world at the time.

Taken my little Nephew on a few this last year, he’s only 6. At Liverpool and Arsenal the tours were done with a headset, Leicester and Man U weren’t and he enjoyed the latter two much more and so did I. Think having a guide really involved makes a huge difference and it definitely would in a museum, the conveyor belt style at Clubs like Ac/Inter Milan and Liverpool isn’t too good for me. Leicester was a really good tour, seen a lot and learnt loads there.

Man Utd is the best tour I've done. I could've spent hours in the museum. Always found it quite interesting how much hatred there is for them. There are a lot of similarities with our two clubs I think.

I'd love to see us set up a museum like that.

I've done a few.

Enjoyed Benfica's the most.

Had a bit dedicated to every decade of their history with club trophies, memorabilia but also an insight to what was happening in the world at the time.

I like the sound of that, didn’t do Sporting as well did you?

I like the sound of that, didn’t do Sporting as well did you?

Yeah, both stadiums aren't far from each other.

Sporting's is inside the stadium and is a lot smaller. Cased trophies and memorabilia throughout a room and a particular shrine to their youth academy, with a section dedicated to Luis Figo and Cristiano Ronaldo each.

Man Utd is the best tour I've done. I could've spent hours in the museum. Always found it quite interesting how much hatred there is for them. There are a lot of similarities with our two clubs I think.

That's quite interesting as I thought Man Utd was terrible.

The best I’ve done is Bayern’s. They have everything: fan orientated memorabilia exhibits, kit walls, replicas of every trophy they have won by season in cabinets, interactive walls where you can bring up every player that’s played for the club.

In between it and the club shop is a restaurant where you can get beer, bratwurst, chickens, schnitzels. It’s just brilliant.

Been on quite a few tours but Man Utd was best by some distance (even Ibrox) guide was a local lad who's knowledge was excellent

The best I’ve done is Bayern’s. They have everything: fan orientated memorabilia exhibits, kit walls, replicas of every trophy they have won by season in cabinets, interactive walls where you can bring up every player that’s played for the club.

In between it and the club shop is a restaurant where you can get beer, bratwurst, chickens, schnitzels. It’s just brilliant.

Sounds a lot like Man Utd. They also had special exhibits such as an International Room, '99 Treble Winning Tribute and a full room dedicated to the Munich Air disaster. You could also do an interactive press conference with SAF. He appeared as a hologram in front of you. I know that wint be everyone's bag but I thought it was pretty smart how it was done. They also had a circular exhibit which was devided into 'decade' sections. Basically a chronological order of their history.

Been on quite a few tours but Man Utd was best by some distance (even Ibrox) guide was a local lad who's knowledge was excellent

[url=https://postimg.cc/QB3N70kJ][/URL]

Came across this and seen its in the Dortmund Museum. I know we have various pennants in trophy room and shields given by various teams across Europe. Couple things 1.Whats been your favourite museum visit and what can the club learn from that.
2. Whats the most interesting Rangers artifact you have came across while visiting another team

The Nou Camp had the matador poster up when I visited in 2000, went back in 2016 and couldn’t find it though

Yeah, went to Boca River mate. I want to get over to Argentina again next year - been twice for Football and it’s another level.
Incredible, I'd love to experience that game, shame no away fans allowed now but would still be a great experience. How did you book tickets? Was it a tourist like experience or were you in with the usual punters?

Allianz Arena and Old Trafford were my favourite overall - tour and museum both very good. For one not mentioned yet, I'd say St James' Park.

The museum at the Johan Cruijff arena has a medal from the 1973 Super Cup, which was unofficially the first.

Been to Bernabeu and Camp Nou, both excellent but Real was just too busy to enjoy it.

I wasn't keen on the Bernabeu tbh. Would've much preferred it to be guided. Not sure if you could pay for that? Tbh I was rough as %^*& from going to see The Mighty DC at the Vincente Calderon the night before which possibly clouded my enjoyment of it. Amazing ground right enough.

Incredible, I'd love to experience that game, shame no away fans allowed now but would still be a great experience. How did you book tickets? Was it a tourist like experience or were you in with the usual punters?

You couldn’t move for trips for it advertised in the hostel in 2008. Was about £45, bus took us there and back (only talking 20 mins), ticket was only about £3 but couldn’t buy them direct, basically Barra Brava ran. We were in 2 hours before kick off like, was some youth match on in that time. Section we were in was full of Boca but River were above and seats and cups of piss came down throughout the match. Think it’s harder now and more expensive to get in at Boca for outsiders - again Barra Brava controlling it. I had a great time in the away ends at SanLorenzo v River and Independiente v Newells as well, about £3 to get in. That Newells support was incredible, 3 0 down after 30 and never shut up all match, only got in when a copper took pity on me as I they wouldn’t sell me a ticket. I’ve only ever not been able to get in to two matches I’ve ever been to in the world without tickets and one was the Rosario Derby which I want to correct, ring of steel around stadium of Rosario Central and could hear gunshots - no sign of a ticket whatsoever.

I'm not keen on the headset tours. Done Emirates which was headset and was ok but done the Chelsea tour and the tour guide was class. It made it so much better.

Not official tours but years ago turned up at Windsor Park and the guy gave me a tour of the stadium out on the park and everything. All he asked for it was for a programme to be posted over from our next game. Also been shown around the Oval.

The staff at Ibrox could do with learning a thing or two about fan relations from some smaller clubs.

I'm not keen on the headset tours. Done Emirates which was headset and was ok but done the Chelsea tour and the tour guide was class. It made it so much better.

Not official tours but years ago turned up at Windsor Park and the guy gave me a tour of the stadium out on the park and everything. All he asked for it was for a programme to be posted over from our next game. Also been shown around the Oval.

The staff at Ibrox could do with learning a thing or two about fan relations from some smaller clubs.

I enjoyed that Emirates one mainly because of the Musuem, found the headset had a lot in it but the interaction and off the record stuff a guide gives makes a huge difference. What you had at Windsor Park sums it up for me, someone with loads of knowledge happy to help with a genuine passion. Sometimes think some of these tours could end up being doing just by students etc wanting a part time job.

Last edited:
Great to see our pennant at the Mestalla, but it was a fairly limited museum.

I know what id like to see in a museum but to be Frank, I don't tend to go in them for other football clubs.

Great to see our pennant at the Mestalla, but it was a fairly limited museum.

I know what id like to see in a museum but to be Frank, I don't tend to go in them for other football clubs.

When did you do that? I actually got an email off Valencia this week advertising their new tour and thought it looked quite good.

When did you do that? I actually got an email off Valencia this week advertising their new tour and thought it looked quite good.
Near 4 years ago. I did the stadium tour which goes through a museum bit. They may have an actual museum..?

The full tour was brilliant.

Done the River Plate tour as we didn't get to see a game there.
Agree Genoa Musuem is small but decent.

Done the River Plate tour as we didn't get to see a game there.
Agree Genoa Musuem is small but decent.

Did River tour but was in Spanish only so took shins off it a bit. Liked Genoa, was surprisingly a good drink as well for Italy.

Reactions: SSR
We went in 2013 ordered tickets through an agency online. Was about £150 and consisted of pick up in Minibus and taken somewhere for Pizza and Beer.
Then we were taken to stadium and were in couple of hours before ko. Great experience.. !! then picked up after game. Yes it was overpriced but you are not going to go all that way and not go to game. Think it was one of the last games with away fans.

Would love to get back !!

Did River tour but was in Spanish only so took shins off it a bit. Liked Genoa, was surprisingly a good drink as well for Italy.
I was happy to just get a look round the stadium :))
One of the tours I enjoyed was Real Madrid just wander about at your own pace.
We entered a room and I think they had 9 European cups at the time in a cabinet.
Impressive!!

I was happy to just get a look round the stadium :))
One of the tours I enjoyed was Real Madrid just wander about at your own pace.
We entered a room and I think they had 9 European cups at the time in a cabinet.
Impressive!!

19 years since I did Bernabéu tour, don’t remember much but enjoyed it.

Reactions: SSR
We went beginning of Dec ,Xmas markets in town , Dortmund is buzzing , beautiful place, atmosphere amazing. Think We flew into Dusseldorf and trained it into Dortmund not sure if any direct flights yet from Scotland .

Back