Dortmund sign Torgen Hazard

Earl of Leven

Official Ticketer
£22m on a 5 year deal.

Great wee player...not as amazing as his brother but has great stats re assists and goals.

Reactions: VGM
Sorry, today's media browsing brought it up as a new story.

I think it was all done and dusted today, but it was an open secret if it hadn't been officially announced - I thought it had. It was definitely mentioned when Dortmund went to Gladbach at the weekend.

Schulz, Hazard and Brandt would be 3 brilliant signings for them.

Edit: Make that will, didn't realise Brandt was confirmed

Announced Schulz, Brandt & Hazard today.

Possibly preparing for the loss of Sancho? Or just using the Pulisic money wisely.

Is their 4 of them , they want to be punting old Mr Hazards spunk .

Yes. Kylian was at Chelsea and signed for Cercle Brugge after spending a season there on loan. The youngest is about 15. Both their mum and dad were footballers.

Hazard is an average player and way over rated.

Can’t believe the amount of spunk being splattered over him

Makes a change from Bayern snapping up all the best talent in the country!

Really should've won the league this season but had an awful 2nd half of the season. Fancy them to push Bayern all the way again next season.

Possibly the lad Chelsea signed Pulisic. Went for about £55m spend half and pocket the rest in the bank. Great business if he reaches his brothers level!!
Whilst he is a good player, he is already 26, Eden is only 2 years older that him, he won't ever reach his level.

Next German wunderkind is Kai Havertz who is quite some talent...

I wonder of Dortmund or Bayern might sniff around Wilson of Liverpool? £22m is far cheaper than Hudson-Odoi for example. He also seems very technical and willing to learn etc.

Surprised by the reviews on here regarding Hazard. Just getting weaker and weaker that League. For me Gnabry is the key player next season, could easy be top scorer.

Surprised by the reviews on here regarding Hazard. Just getting weaker and weaker that League. For me Gnabry is the key player next season, could easy be top scorer.

Bundesliga is as strong as ever - it was never the top league globally but it guards its own unique selling points. It cannot compete with EPL as no-one now can - £4bn a TV deal is like printing their own money.

Not for me mate, very misconstrued image of the Bundesliga over here due to poor journalism - from ticket prices to players coming through.

Not for me mate, very misconstrued image of the Bundesliga over here due to poor journalism - from ticket prices to players coming through.
I just think too many people judge Serie A and Bundesliga on the EPL. The latter is awash with cash and everyone is a millionaire. We have to use other criteria for other leagues...and one is attendance. However I agree there are worrying signs as regards 'big clubs' trying to end '50+1' and raising ticket prices etc.

I just think too many people judge Serie A and Bundesliga on the EPL. The latter is awash with cash and everyone is a millionaire. We have to use other criteria for other leagues...and one is attendance. However I agree there are worrying signs as regards 'big clubs' trying to end '50+1' and raising ticket prices etc.

I don’t mate, lived out there for a couple of years so got to know about it a bit deeper. Don’t get me wrong going matches there is very good but it’s far from this image the media have portrayed regarding 15 euro tickets, free train travel and everyone having a beer non stop. I go 3 Liga mainly now about once a month and find it miles more genuine than going Bundesliga or even Bundesliga 2. On the quality of football though it’s much weaker for me compared to earlier this decade, same for Bundesliga 2 and 3 Liga. One of the biggest things for me was when De Bruyne left Wolfsburg - title race just ended then that season.

My consolation is that Bayern are not a Man City...they're self made, and self financing. Their only debt in 25 years was stadium mortgage. They built up their juggernaut with a break even budget. That is admirable.

But yes, like every league it is feeling the financial pinch. Why play for Eintracht when you can be 3rd choice left back for Watford or the like on twice the wage?

It was Munich where I was, matchday would be awash with tourists (for want of a better word!) armed with bags from the Club Shop etc... Number of members Bayern have paying 70 euros every year will help them as well financially. I must have been there in the worst ever period for 1860, many wouldn’t go the Allianz and with the problems off the pitch the whole home fan support scene was pretty lost, now they are playing back at home in central Munich it seems to be back with a bang.

Lol, aye you are right there - think some players get bored after a while mind and realise why they ever started playing football and need to play regular so go to a lower wage and more than likely play regular in better atmospheres week in week out.

Great forward line Dortmund have amassed, Hazard, Brandt, Sancho, Reus, Gotze & Alcacer gives lots of good options.

They are very good at reinvesting from player sales.

I agree with EoL about Havertz, seems destined for a Munich transfer in a season or so.

Would Dortmund not be better signing a defender or two who could defend?

Might actually win something that way.

Back