Double tickets

Would you be willing to put yourself at risk for NMW? I certainly wouldn’t
Ideally they should stop and challenge blatant issues such as doubling up and standing in aisles thats a big part of their job.If people are threatening and aggressive towards them and they won't take a telling and listen then it's a police matter.
I do wonder what level of support and backing front line stewards get though from their managers. If it's absent and the morals low then things will slip and a who gives a f#ck becomes the norm.
It does seem to be a societal issue.Some people will always push the limits particularly if they are never challenged.

Happening far too much in every part of the stadium to be easily explained off by blaming ST holders who have a missed payment.

It’s also a procedural issue clearly as it shouldn’t be left to the customer to ascertain this when they reach the stadium, if smart cards aren’t active then they should be checked not just allowed in.

Systematic of everything about our club that the first excuse is to blame your core fan base.

How about the whole process of entering Ibrox?

Which is a shambles for 2022 and alongside the constant ticketing website issues leaves us constantly frustrated.

Club seems to cost cut everywhere but happy to take every penny out of us.
I doubt the club are telling stewards to let folk in when the ticket Diesnt scan . They will be doing it off their own back to avoid the Agro/grief while working a minimum wage job

i now take a printed copy my ST activation email with me to matches. This happened to me last season in the Main Stand. Fortunately there were spare seats around us that night and the 2 paper ticket guys moved.

Has the OP got in touch with the ticket office and asked for an explanation? Just being signed up to the cccs scheme doesn't automatically mean their seat was actually purchased for the match. Would be interested to know if the OP has issues scanning his card at the turnstile as well. If he's got proof that he's 100% bought his seat, I'd he looking for an explanation from the club.
See Post 36.Havent contacted TO yet.

Saw a couple of people claiming their Smartcard wasn’t working (Club Deck) and getting taken in side door by steward.

Could be genuine cases, but I suspect a few don’t realise they haven’t purchased, and a few are chancing it.
This thread is abit of an eye opener for me mate.
Shouldn't the stewards send them to the ticket office ?
I doubt the club are telling stewards to let folk in when the ticket Diesnt scan . They will be doing it off their own back to avoid the Agro/grief while working a minimum wage job
Is it even a responsibility that they need to take on regardless of pay ?
Shouldn't they not say I'd like to help you but I can't with this issue go to the ticket office.
I'm guessing that's what they are told to do although happy to be corrected ?
Passing the buck works wonders in mimimaly paid jobs.How the ticket office deals with it is then another issue.

It’s not an IT problem. The it didn’t let him in. Someone did or he doubled in. Which is what causes the issue for the fan. It’s an issue I’ll flag once more that stewards shouldn’t be letting people in without proof they have purchased.
I'm meaning more generally Greg. Folk are reporting there are cases of correctly purchased paper tickets and someone has paid for the same seat under CCCS. That looks like a system problem.

I would ask that people that witness this happening feed it back to the club. I’ve highlighted that social media has indicated it’s a growing problem and will continue to highlight in games going forward but we need to see the areas that are being reported as hit most
Surely the stewards will know the seat number affected and can take a note. Then some proper analysis can be done.

I
That gets back to the importance of the confirmation email every ST holder gets sent to confirm their purchase.
If the ST holder's card somehow isn't working he can show confirmation of his purchase, if he hasn't got that confirmation then he presumably hasn't actually bought his ticket (could be his payment was knocked back or he just didn't fill in his form correctly) in which case the paper ticket should take precedence.
It really isn't rocket science!
I agree with the principle of this. However, many people would have difficulty in accessing their emails on their phone, given the poor quality of Wi-Fi within Ibrox. It is simply not capable of coping with the volume of people trying to access their devices.

I

I agree with the principle of this. However, many people would have difficulty in accessing their emails on their phone, given the poor quality of Wi-Fi within Ibrox. It is simply not capable of coping with the volume of people trying to access their devices.
You won't need an internet connection to read emails.Unless you are signed out or something maybe.I actually did this last night in case there was any issues.There was no big problem.Both parties knew the other was genuine.But if it had been some roaster then a situation could quickly develop.

It's a disgrace - and the fact that stewards seem to keep repeating that "paper tickets take responsibility over smart cards" line suggests it's some sort of official club policy we have on the issue?

I've saw several posters say a steward said the same thing to them over the past few weeks, so are the club doing this on purpose or what? It should not be happening, never mind having an official response like that.
The blame is not the stewards but the clubs

But if stewards are siding with paper tickets (the holders of these have done nothing wrong either) then season ticket holders are going to be raging to be moved (to where?) Or turfed out when they have paid and probably paid prior to paper ticket holder buying then what have season ticket holders to do? Feck off to the ticket office and miss the majority of the game or suck it up and go to the pub?

I did mention if the ticket holder got lippy. Many might budge up. Others may kick off.

If I've paid 500 odd for my season ticket and on cccs and had email confirmation that I've paid for a cup game, I'm sure as hell not being made to move nor should anyone.

This seems to be on the club and poor fans are suffering.

Some of the "part timers" actually exist and many will be waiting for a season ticket. Others that show up on euro nights are utter roasters (obviously not all but can be spotted a mile off and we had some absolute morons near us at the Dortmund game puking and bevvying throughout) but that's not the issue.

It's a shit ticket system that appears to be issuing tickets twice.
I completely agree with your point on season ticket holders having the right to feel aggrieved if forced to move. As a non-season ticket holder it’s my view that if two people have the same ticket then the ST holder should retain the seat. What’s unacceptable is the f you attitude thay some display.

While I don’t doubt that there are some roasters who turn up for these games and make fools of themselves, that’s a separate issue.

I’ve a strong feeling that my specific incident was as a result of UEFA taking their allocation then giving them back. The ST holder in the seat I bought probably wasn’t aware that he’s been moved.

On reflection, it’s obviously more of an issue with European games since QR tickets for domestic games are likely to have been made available through Seat Sub, rather than failed CCCS payments.

But stewards need to be firm at the turnstiles if smart cards are not permitting entry - maybe they need quick access to a system that will tell them why it’s failed - relocated or failed payment. But they can’t just let people in because that has and will continue to cause issues.

Ideally they should stop and challenge blatant issues such as doubling up and standing in aisles thats a big part of their job.If people are threatening and aggressive towards them and they won't take a telling and listen then it's a police matter.
I do wonder what level of support and backing front line stewards get though from their managers. If it's absent and the morals low then things will slip and a who gives a f#ck becomes the norm.
It does seem to be a societal issue.Some people will always push the limits particularly if they are never challenged.
I have a lot of sympathy for stewards who just aren’t equipped to deal with what is effectively crown control issues. If people are doubling-up what’s a 4’11 wee lassie stewed going to be able to do about it?

The steward I spoke to last night had no solution other than find an empty seat. With the number of latecomers I wasn’t keen on having the same issue happen so I asked if I could stand at the exit and watch the game until it was clear that seats were actually available.

Doubling in, steward thinking they are helping. Using another ticket. Plenty of ways it can happen.
@Greg Marshall I know you've a relentless job to do but can something get done about the stewarding situation I'm sick of them blocking my view every home game standing at the stairs trying to work out where someone with a paper ticket is situated. If it's not this they send a fan half way down a row the wrong direction. Surely can't be much of an issue to put numbers on stairs or at least give the steward a layout of where they will be supervising. I've put it on the latest supporters survey as well.

A guy in front of me got punted from his seat 20 minutes into the game. The guys been a season ticket holder for a few years and he was raging, the Steward told him, “ paper tickets take priority over smart cards “. Fucking ridiculous

They would have to remove me by force in that situation.

I

That's why I said earlier in the thread that I always take a screen grab, getting a wifi signal at Ibrox on matchday is a nightmare!

This thread is abit of an eye opener for me mate.
Shouldn't the stewards send them to the ticket office ?

Is it even a responsibility that they need to take on regardless of pay ?
Shouldn't they not say I'd like to help you but I can't with this issue go to the ticket office.
I'm guessing that's what they are told to do although happy to be corrected ?
Passing the buck works wonders in mimimaly paid jobs.How the ticket office deals with it is then another issue.
It prob is what there suppose to say but good luck telling that to a steaming fan 10 mins before kick off with a massive queue outside the ticket office with getting abuse . Sure it’s there fault for staying in the pub but at the time they won’t see it that way

The way they get treated no wonder they want a easy life . 40/50 year olds shouting and screaming at a 18/19 year old guy/girl

I've never been a steward but surely post match there must be some sort of meeting where stewards report of any issues? This matter surely has to have been brought up as it's nothing new.

It's a health and safety big flashing warning sign ffs.

Just like the disabled supporters being ignored for long enough for ample shelter and seating the Club do not give a f*ck about the welfare of our supporters.

Happened to me for the Spurs game and USG last week.

Emailed the SLO and ticket office about it, got a reply from an Allison who I think assists the SLO maybe? Response below:

Hi HelandersWhiteTuft

Thank you for your patience

I have heard back from the ticketing staff and they have advised that it looks like the QR code holder was in error as your CCCS eas the only purchase for your seats and no other purchase was made for these seats
as well as no turnstile scan to say there was multiple for these seats

Kind Regards

Allison

Me and my two boys are CCCS for all home games and friendlies. Spurs game got moved from BR5 to BR3 and got paper tickets. Guy has QR code for 1 of the seats. USG guy comes in with QR codes for 2 of our seats and seat for ST holder next to us. Both guys showed me the emails with the QR codes. Exact same row/seat/section etc. I’ve had email confirmation of the smartcards being activated and never had a failed payment etc.

That reply from the club is poor. The QR holder wasn’t in error, and neither were we. Instances like this is 100% a club issue, and tbh I think there’s a good chance the ticket office have been well aware of this for a while but still don’t know why it’s happening

Happened to me for the Spurs game and USG last week.

Emailed the SLO and ticket office about it, got a reply from an Allison who I think assists the SLO maybe? Response below:

Hi HelandersWhiteTuft

Thank you for your patience

I have heard back from the ticketing staff and they have advised that it looks like the QR code holder was in error as your CCCS eas the only purchase for your seats and no other purchase was made for these seats
as well as no turnstile scan to say there was multiple for these seats

Kind Regards

Allison

Me and my two boys are CCCS for all home games and friendlies. Spurs game got moved from BR5 to BR3 and got paper tickets. Guy has QR code for 1 of the seats. USG guy comes in with QR codes for 2 of our seats and seat for ST holder next to us. Both guys showed me the emails with the QR codes. Exact same row/seat/section etc. I’ve had email confirmation of the smartcards being activated and never had a failed payment etc.

That reply from the club is poor. The QR holder wasn’t in error, and neither were we. Instances like this is 100% a club issue, and tbh I think there’s a good chance the ticket office have been well aware of this for a while but still don’t know why it’s happening
That’s piss poor and yet you have the SLO on here saying it’s fans like yourself that are usually causing the problem. Whole ticketing operation is amateur-ish.

I have a lot of sympathy for stewards who just aren’t equipped to deal with what is effectively crown control issues. If people are doubling-up what’s a 4’11 wee lassie stewed going to be able to do about it?

The steward I spoke to last night had no solution other than find an empty seat. With the number of latecomers I wasn’t keen on having the same issue happen so I asked if I could stand at the exit and watch the game until it was clear that seats were actually available.
I have sympathy for them too there are some very difficult and entitled individuals around.
It would be good if the freeloading scroats that do this would pay their way and not have the bare faced nerve to do a fellow bear out of a seat.
There also seems to be other issues that are hard for stewards to provide solutions for.
However.
When it comes right down to it stewards should be equipped and trained to deal with crowd control issues.Thats one of their functions.
Whether they are 4'11 or 6'3 I wouldn't be expecting them to enter into unarmed combat to stop someone going through a turnstile who was doubling up.
They should however have some level of confidence and ablity to be able to challenge people who are right in front of them and not ignore it.
This might sound harsh but If they haven't then give them other duties or do not employ them.(There has also been accounts of groups of stewards ignoring this behaviour)
There should be a system of being able to follow up and eject anyone who continues on and hasn't got proof of a ticket and was seen to double up.Thats what cctv and radios are for.
If they don't leave then it's a police matter.
I'm not sure of the legality however it may be seen as a form of fraud to avoid payment for a service.
As for size then I'll say that there are more than a few authorative and commanding individuals who can assert themselves.
Some of them are "wee lassies". Again as I said there should be a system of reporting up
these occurances and a system put in place to tackle it.It definitely should not be a free for all.
There might be a system for tackling this and its the case that its just not used ?

In light of the circumstances that you describe I would do exactly what you did.When it comes right down to it I expect the stewards to try and sort any seat issues that I cant in the first instance.
I always screen shot my ticket as even 5g was gubbed for me outside of Ibrox at the Leipzig game.However it appears to be the case that even this might not help sort problems that have been described in the post.

I have sympathy for them too there are some very difficult and entitled individuals around.
It would be good if the freeloading scroats that do this would pay their way and not have the bare faced nerve to do a fellow bear out of a seat.
There also seems to be other issues that are hard for stewards to provide solutions for.
However.
When it comes right down to it stewards should be equipped and trained to deal with crowd control issues.Thats one of their functions.
Whether they are 4'11 or 6'3 I wouldn't be expecting them to enter into unarmed combat to stop someone going through a turnstile who was doubling up.
They should however have some level of confidence and ablity to be able to challenge people who are right in front of them and not ignore it.
This might sound harsh but If they haven't then give them other duties or do not employ them.(There has also been accounts of groups of stewards ignoring this behaviour)
There should be a system of being able to follow up and eject anyone who continues on and hasn't got proof of a ticket and was seen to double up.Thats what cctv and radios are for.
If they don't leave then it's a police matter.
I'm not sure of the legality however it may be seen as a form of fraud to avoid payment for a service.
As for size then I'll say that there are more than a few authorative and commanding individuals who can assert themselves.
Some of them are "wee lassies". Again as I said there should be a system of reporting up
these occurances and a system put in place to tackle it.It definitely should not be a free for all.
There might be a system for tackling this and its the case that its just not used ?

In light of the circumstances that you describe I would do exactly what you did.When it comes right down to it I expect the stewards to try and sort any seat issues that I cant in the first instance.
I always screen shot my ticket as even 5g was gubbed for me outside of Ibrox at the Leipzig game.However it appears to be the case that even this might not help sort problems that have been described in the post.
A very nuanced response. I agree on all points and I probably would backtrack on my “wee lassie” comment. A poor choice of words to illustrate my point.

if I was put out of my seat id be looking for a refund out of principle
Good luck with that. Happened to my son last year at this time of the season. He had to sit on my knee for the game, he was 11 and we are at the end of the row.
I complained and asked for a refund, sent over 5 emails over 4 months and have never been given a response. I even printed off all my communications and bank details showing I had paid for the ticket and took it to the TO one match day, with a concerned member of staff took it all and said someone would be in touch.
As you can tell, I’m still waiting for that to happen.

It prob is what there suppose to say but good luck telling that to a steaming fan 10 mins before kick off with a massive queue outside the ticket office with getting abuse . Sure it’s there fault for staying in the pub but at the time they won’t see it that way

The way they get treated no wonder they want a easy life . 40/50 year olds shouting and screaming at a 18/19 year old guy/girl
It does seem to be a bit of a shit show mate with some confusion and various views about what the actual cause of the problems are.I was mainly thinking about outright chancers.
I've seen a few guys have problems with their cards and turn around to announce that they were heading of to the TO.I can see why fans get frustrated and anxious.
My thoughts on towing the party line was that if they are chancers then they will not go to the TO as the games up.
If someone's going to be hostile and abusive to employees of the club or other fans then that's what the police are for. Get them to f#ck not pander to them.

Th
It does seem to be a bit of a shit show mate with some confusion and various views about what the actual cause of the problems are.I was mainly thinking about outright chancers.
I've seen a few guys have problems with their cards and turn around to announce that they were heading of to the TO.I can see why fans get frustrated and anxious.
My thoughts on towing the party line was that if they are chancers then they will not go to the TO as the games up.
If someone's going to be hostile and abusive to employees of the club or other fans then that's what the police are for. Get them to f#ck not pander to them.
thr police have no interest in seating issues . To them it’s a club/steward issue

Good luck with that. Happened to my son last year at this time of the season. He had to sit on my knee for the game, he was 11 and we are at the end of the row.
I complained and asked for a refund, sent over 5 emails over 4 months and have never been given a response. I even printed off all my communications and bank details showing I had paid for the ticket and took it to the TO one match day, with a concerned member of staff took it all and said someone would be in touch.
As you can tell, I’m still waiting for that to happen.
You could probably have claimed it from your bank.. if you really really wanted to

Primarily the stewards have to stop letting people in with season tickets or QR codes without seeing clear evidence of purchase. They also have to prevent people doubling up from entering the ground. Only when these two things are sorted will we genuinely know if there is an IT problem and what the scale of it is.

I

Funnily enough I had this issue last night. I was moved from my usual seat so I had a QR code on my phone. Got into the ground okay but when I got to my seat the person next to me was telling me that there was always someone else sitting there. Tried to get into my email to double check the details but I couldn't and when I tried using the Wi-fi it cut off after only 2 seconds so I couldn't access it. I was definitely in the correct seat though and no one else turned up for it but if they had I'd have had no way of proving that was where I was supposed to be sitting.

Is it cynical to suggest that I believe the club must be aware of the issue before the game even starts?

Seems far too coincidental for it to be repeatedly happening. Was a similar issue for the USG game in BF, few in my row ended up 2 to a seat
Extra money in , wouldn’t surprise me in the least

Are we saying a smart card will still open the turnstile even although the match hasn’t been payed for ?

i now take a printed copy my ST activation email with me to matches. This happened to me last season in the Main Stand. Fortunately there were spare seats around us that night and the 2 paper ticket guys moved.

I do this every game at Ibrox as well. It's a disgrace. Without WiFi how am I expected to open up my emails to access the QR Code to enter the turnstiles? @Greg Marshall Please can someone at the club fix the WiFi? Embarrassing when there's 10,000+ more fans at Parkhead and yet we could access the signal no bother from their away end!

Th

thr police have no interest in seating issues . To them it’s a club/steward issue
A bit of a side track but it has its small place in this issue.

I have not said that the police have.

When it comes to the police my reply to you was.

This was as a result of the abhorent antisocial behaviour that you describe towards an employee of the club doing their job.Within this context its connected with seating.
Further to this if someone enters the ground fraudulently then the club can and should consider reporting them to the police.
The police are quite willing to intervene in the most minor of public indiscretions ie people creeping up the inside lane of the subway queue. So I would hope that they would deal with your scenario.

40/50 year olds shouting and screaming at a 18/19 year old guy/girl

Shoulders shouldn't be shrugged for an easy life and it shouldn't be accepted.

Funnily enough I had this issue last night. I was moved from my usual seat so I had a QR code on my phone. Got into the ground okay but when I got to my seat the person next to me was telling me that there was always someone else sitting there. Tried to get into my email to double check the details but I couldn't and when I tried using the Wi-fi it cut off after only 2 seconds so I couldn't access it. I was definitely in the correct seat though and no one else turned up for it but if they had I'd have had no way of proving that was where I was supposed to be sitting.
Might be an idea to download them and store them in your docs and also take a screen shot of the e ticket and QR code.
I even had problems outside the ground at the Leipzig game using 5g so I'm glad I did this as I was goosed otherwise.

do this every game at Ibrox as well. It's a disgrace. Without WiFi how am I expected to open up my emails to access the QR Code to enter the turnstiles? @Greg Marshall Please can someone at the club fix the WiFi? Embarrassing when there's 10,000+ more fans at Parkhead and yet we could access the signal no bother from their away end!
Take a screenshot and make it available offline.

Are the people with smart cards likely in the wrong and they've been given alternative seats to use for the game or is it a genuine duplication error.

In most cases I'd say so. If you look at the availability when MyGers window opens there are usually only a few tickets available in each section. So the already purchased and activated seats are greyed out. Otherwise youd have chaos at the stadium.

If a paper ticket holder takes up their correct seat then how does anyone really know if a season ticket holder isn't just chancing it or hasn't realised that their seat had moved or has gone on to the site in the correct window but ended up buying a ticket for the wrong seat?

The number of times that somehow a ticket has been sold twice for a seat must be rare. When the smart card is activated then that seat should be greyed out. It works every time for 10s of thousands of seats. How could the system somehow skip a handful of seats now and then? It seems unrealistic.

Human error is a more logical and common explanation. Season ticket holder misses ccs payment or sales window. Ends up paying for a different seat. Then tries to chance it when they get into the stadium. "That's my seat, I've sat here for years" instead of asking the paper ticket holder to swap or something.

Stewards have no choice to give priority to paper ticker holder as there are a range of reasons why the ST holder may not actually be entitled to that seat for that game.

I do this every game at Ibrox as well. It's a disgrace. Without WiFi how am I expected to open up my emails to access the QR Code to enter the turnstiles? @Greg Marshall Please can someone at the club fix the WiFi? Embarrassing when there's 10,000+ more fans at Parkhead and yet we could access the signal no bother from their away end!
There’s 10,000 more fans at Ibrox by the sounds of it

Saw a couple of people claiming their Smartcard wasn’t working (Club Deck) and getting taken in side door by steward.

Could be genuine cases, but I suspect a few don’t realise they haven’t purchased, and a few are chancing it.

Yes. Then showing up and trying to move someone out of their seat claiming they've sat there for years.

Curious about messages regarding emails and wifi.My phones ancient but I don't need Internet access to view my emails.I have gmail app and samsungs own email app and both let me read my emails without internet.

@Greg Marshall

Spurs friendly. 4 tickets purchased for the club deck. Turn up at our seats and two folk already sitting on two of our seats. I checked their tickets and it was for the same seats as ours. To say the club are not double selling tickets is nonsense.

I can only go off the what I’ve been told when I’ve checked these issues in the past which is why I’ve asked fans to message in. If it’s happening I want to know as much as anyone.

Back