Dougal The Groundsman

Zwingli'sSausages

Anyone remember Dougal. Was an ever present in my youth. He was really good friends with my next door neighbour and my parents and used to come round to one of us for dinner most weeks in his Rangers tracksuit.
Part of the Ibrox furniture back in the ‘80’s

He worked as a Caretaker in Centenary House for Glasgow Social Work mid - late 90's when I worked there.

He wore his Rangers groundsman ID and told everyone of his previous role.

A likeable guy, loved the Rangers. A wee bit slow which led to some fannies taking the piss but most in the office had time for him.

He worked as a Caretaker in Centenary House for Glasgow Social Work mid - late 90's when I worked there.

He wore his Rangers groundsman ID and told everyone of his previous role.

A likeable guy, loved the Rangers. A wee bit slow which led to some fannies taking the piss but most in the office had time for him.

Yeah he was a ‘groundsman’ but did various jobs around the place. Never out of his Rangers trackie.

Anyone remember Dougal. Was an ever present in my youth. He was really good friends with my next door neighbour and my parents and used to come round to one of us for dinner most weeks in his Rangers tracksuit.
Part of the Ibrox furniture back in the ‘80’s
Yes, I knew Dougal well back then as well.
He used to let us into the ground to have a kick about on the pitch sometimes

My mate Colin was on the ground staff and worked alongside him in the early 1970’s.

Met him a few times - good bloke and fuckin’ staunch.

Ye remember Douglas not sure where he moved onto but the thing I recall from him was in 1986 when Souness arrived he said they were treated really well ( implying less so before I guess ) and that he walked everywhere .
I’d thot , maybe completely wrongly , that he lived towards Kilmarnock would that be right ?

Ye remember Douglas not sure where he moved onto but the thing I recall from him was in 1986 when Souness arrived he said they were treated really well ( implying less so before I guess ) and that he walked everywhere .
I’d thot , maybe completely wrongly , that he lived towards Kilmarnock would that be right ?
That’s some walk before and after yer shift!

He lived in Kinning Park late ‘80’s

Did Souness not end up sacking the head groundsman at some point?

Back