Douglas park - hearts director

Stockport bear

Just seen that he was on the Hearts board in 1989. Seems a bit strange. I thought he was a Rangers fan from a child.

Businessman first and foremost, maybe it was a business opportunity that was too good to turn down (Hearts I mean)

He used to give Hearts free busses to take the supporters to away games as well.My old man used to drive the Hearts team when Park was at Tynecastle

My ex-brother in law was chairman at Raith Rovers and supports Rangers.

His mate was a RR fan on the board at Ross Co.

Plenty of well-heeled types 'alter' their allegiances, depending on who they know in the corridors of power. Take Sean Connery for instance.

Grew up supporting Hibs.
Started supporting Septic when Cock Stein was flavour of the month.
Changed his allegiances to Hearts when Wallace Mercer was in power.
Started supporting Rangers when David Murray held the reins.

For many of them, it's about who they are closest to at a particular juncture in life - as well as for business / personal reasons.

Real supporters think from the heart and would never change their club.

Business types think from the head and will always do what is right for their best interests.

I remember reading an interview from a former Hearts director recently talking about him saying even then in the Hearts boardroom he made absolutely no secrets about where his loyalty lay, but he was a businessman, just at that time not a successful enough one to get in the Ibrox boardroom.
Douglas Park has always been staunch.

Hearts were managed in 89 by a Rangers legend, They also had some ex Gers and one or two future Rangers players in the team.

Campbell Ogilvie was a director at Hearts but I bet most think of him as a Rangers man. Wish he was still here.

Might have misread but looks like Park's departure in 1988 came right after Sandy Jardine was fired.

Last edited:
Don't think its a secret that billy bowie killie owner is a bluenose,i also heard roy mcgregor from ross county leans towards us

Donald Findlay anyone?

It's a job and means absolutely nothing.

Is Leanne Dempster not supposed to be a Bear as well?

Back