Douglas Park rejects Kings Old Firm friendly fee offer

Don't agree with this. They stop the friendly mistake made we move on
It would be a start, but the fact remains they set it up in the first place. In doing so they have shown themselves as not understanding how the support, in general, feel about the issue. Had they bothered to gauge the feeling of their largest and most important investor the whole episode would've been avoided.

As it is, they're doubling down and letting other issues be brought to the fore, issues I may add, that would never have seen the light of day under normal circumstances.

They've had a nightmare on this issue and it's unlikely to be forgotten.

Does any club have aboard that is acceptable to the fans ?
You can't get players to sign contracts if they don't want to unless you offer Murray style contracts.
I'd try to get Aribo, Morelos and Kent to sign new contracts on the understanding they'll be transferred in the summer (offer more per week or 5% of selling fee). With all the talk of Raphina going to Leeds and Leeds interest in Kent, I'm fairly certain he'll go. I think Aribo could go to Palace as well. Two excellent, but inconsistent players and replaceable.

Can you tell me what he has done?
As per my OP - the directors of both the current and previous board are happy with his performance in the role.

As MD the company is about to turn a profit for the first time in over a decade under his stewardship. Not bad considering where we were a decade ago.

Your turn, and don't bother with any pish about the friendly. There's a sizable contingent who've had it in for Robertson since way before that was announced.

Does any club have aboard that is acceptable to the fans ?
You can't get players to sign contracts if they don't want to unless you offer Murray style contracts.
It's FF, where sensible posts like this are ignored in favour of utter nonsense where people cry about professional footballers being professionals.

The same place where a 3 year contract is really an 18 month contract then sphincters start to twitch if a new deal hasn't been signed and we get posters saying the player should either sign or leave in the next window, while casting up about a misplaced pass in their 2nd match which led to a goal 18 minutes later.

It's FF, where sensible posts like this are ignored in favour of utter nonsense where people cry about professional footballers being professionals.

The same place where a 3 year contract is really an 18 month contract then sphincters start to twitch if a new deal hasn't been signed and we get posters saying the player should either sign or leave in the next window, while casting up about a misplaced pass in their 2nd match which led to a goal 18 minutes later.
That's so accurate ha ha.:)

If you check the seat map for the friendly it looks like quite a few tickets have already been sold. The longer it goes on the harder it will be to pull out of the friendly. I don't think our board have any intention of doing so now.

I used to think they were waiting to see if we were going to have a magnificent April before trying to just go with it on the back of the euphoria if all goes well.

But the longer the silence from the board is going ,I've got a feeling they are working a way out of it
And the goodwill that will generate from the fans is incalculable going forward .

If you check the seat map for the friendly it looks like quite a few tickets have already been sold. The longer it goes on the harder it will be to pull out of the friendly. I don't think our board have any intention of doing so now.
I suspect you're right.

What is it that Robertson has done so badly?

He's not a chief exec, yet so many in here claim he is.

We have folk who wanted a Loyalist Lawell - and the fact that Robertson isn't that seems to annoy them.

King felt he was suitably qualified for the MD role, and continued to do so throughout his term as chairman.

Park has obviously been pleased with the job the MD is doing, and has kept him on.

The other board members - Messrs Letham, Bennett, Wolhardt, Taylor et al - men who have made fortunes and invested chunks of those fortunes into the club all clearly are pleased with the job he's doing too.

Our accounts suggest our MD is doing a good job as well.

Yet FF has some hatred for him, with the usual claims being that he's meek or something.

His job is to carry out the directions set by the board on a day to day basis. He clearly does that. Please do explain why he gets so much ire on here.
He hasn't/doesn't:

Tell journalists to %^*& off.
Sing %^*& the SPL/SNP at the games.
Hooked Lawwell or Scott Brown.
Got into a spat over every single thing printed by the press or unknown bloggers and brought legal action.

He also allowed affordable housing to be built across from Ibrox which doesn't allow numerous posters who drive by Ibrox daily to see the stadium.

That's for starters......:p:))

The very fact they have said nothing tells us thet are trying to ride it out.
Or maybe they aren't saying anything about it as they are trying to bin it. I simply don't believe that they will allow this to go ahead. It will ruin their legacy. My glass is half full on this one. :)

Or maybe they aren't saying anything about it as they are trying to bin it. I simply don't believe that they will allow this to go ahead. It will ruin their legacy. My glass is half full on this one. :)
They have three choices.

First is there is a get out clause and if there was we would be out by now.

Second is we will take the hit and pull out. If we were going to do that we would also have done it by now surely.

The third is we ride it out and play our part in it.

For me the only option that justifies us still not announcing anything is the third option.

He hasn't/doesn't:

Tell journalists to %^*& off.
Sing %^*& the SPL/SNP at the games.
Hooked Lawwell or Scott Brown.
Got into a spat over every single thing printed by the press or unknown bloggers and brought legal action.

He also allowed affordable housing to be built across from Ibrox which doesn't allow numerous posters who drive by Ibrox daily to see the stadium.

That's for starters......:p:))
While people are in the habit of going OTT I think people are within their rights to question some decisions and lack of action.

Cancelled or not, is Robertson really the guy we need running the club at present?
Aye thats what the board would like in fact they'd like it to go away altogether and go back to snuggle up in their cosy duet with the paedo club at the Ange iraokefest in Sydney.:mad:

They have three choices.

First is there is a get out clause and if there was we would be out by now.

Second is we will take the hit and pull out. If we were going to do that we would also have done it by now surely.

The third is we ride it out and play our part in it.

For me the only option that justifies us still not announcing anything is the third option.
I still think that this will be cancelled.

Back